re-pinned 03 GT ECU

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
codycoyote223

re-pinned 03 GT ECU

Post by codycoyote223 »

I have a 2005 Vibe GT. I've been lurking on this this website and found all sorts of references to a re-pinned 2003 GT ECU that lowers lift to 5800, and that it helps general driveability and performance. I've been unable to contact anyone who does this and I'd really like to obtain an 03 ECU for my 05 GT. Can anyone help me get this ECU?
ImUrOBGYN

Re: re-pinned 03 GT ECU

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

It drops lift kick-in to 6200rpm and raises rev limit. Have you considered having your current ECU modded? There are a few people who will do it for 2005 and up, I believe. It mayyy be 2006 and up. Anyway, let me know if you'd like their fb page and you can start some research in the meantime if that interests you.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
jolt

Post by jolt »

This link may help get you,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEQ2XH8LwPs

I think you are looking for a guy that goes by Ronie012. He posted over at Toyota Nation Forum and did the above You Tube vid. You may be able to track him down from You Tube as you can subscribe to his videos and leave comments. The above video was published on Jan 31, 2017, so he is still on the web.

Read the comments on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5_P3mMwWqo

At the bottom of the comments: ronie012@live.com

You got to read and dig.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

A guy on the Corolla forums repins them. I think he goes by R9K Tuning. He can only do 05+...It's not changing it to an 03 ECU. He completely reprograms the 05+ to a lower lift point.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe