2003 VIBE AC THERMISTOR LOCATION

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
VASCO111

2003 VIBE AC THERMISTOR LOCATION

Post by VASCO111 »

HI GUYS , I AM VERY GLAD TO BE HERE , AND I HAVE A SPECIAL QUESTION FOR YOU .
I FOUND THAT MY AC COMPRESSOR RUN ALWAYS WHEN I TURN ON THE AC ...
VERIFIED THE RELAY , SWITCH . ALL LOOK GREAT .
THE ONLY THING I DID NOT CHECK IS THE AC THERMISTOR ...
I TRYED TO LOCATE IT BUT WITHOUT SUCCESS . I KNEW THAT IS SOMEWHERE UNDER DASH PASSINGER SIDE , BUT WHERE EXACTLY I DONT KNOW :( .
TRYED TO FIND IN INTERNET WITH PICTURE , BUT REZULT IS ZERO .

THANKS A LOT FOR YOURS HELPIN ADVANCE !

PS : SUMMER TIME IS COMMING AND SOON I WILL NEED IT ;)
joatmon

Re: 2003 VIBE AC THERMISTOR LOCATION

Post by joatmon »

I can't find a picture. The GM service manual doesn't make it easy to find either, its in the wiring diagram ( download/file.php?id=1733 ) as evaporator temperature sensor. The only clue to where it is is in the instructions for replacing the evaporator core (the AC radiator thing inside the HVAC box, with the heater core and blower motor) The procedure says that after you remove the HVAC box, and then remove the evaporator from it, you can remove the temperature sensor from the wevaporator. but no picture Unfortunately, that process is extensive, involves draining the coolant, draining and collecting the refrigerant, taking apart most of the dash. Hope you don't have to go through that, but I doubt you'd be able to replace it without doing all of that.

I don't know how the wires to it are routed,but you might be able to find them at the ECU. The service manual does say that the temperature sensor should be about 2.2 K Ohms, but it doesn't give a temperature to resistance table. Still, if you can find the wires at the ECU, you could check for an open, a short, or a short to ground.

When the AC's running, does it get cold? Did you check for reasonable refrigerant pressure when its off and when running?

some folks look at all caps as "shouting", but I didn't take it that way.

Welcome to genvibe, good luck, if you get it fixed let us know what it took
VASCO111

Re: 2003 VIBE AC THERMISTOR LOCATION

Post by VASCO111 »

Hi :)
Thanks a lot for yours time and very good advices !!!
Finaly i used yours schematic and the Matrix 2003 , i found 2 small wires and measured 2 kohm resistance . They are in same plug where are the wires for blower fan resistors .( took out the glow box and is white connector with 6 pins )
I was realy happy but not for long time ... :(
Infact in my Vibe is missing originaly that thermistor ... the manufacturer simply instaled the 2 kohm resistor instead the termistor ...
For that reason the compressor work all the time , and when i drive 3-4 hrs , the air is getting not cold , because the ice is building on evaporator core , and there is not enough circulation .
I cutted the resistor and instaled a potentiometer 10kohm . When i vary the potentiometer the compressor goes on and off , whish is normal.
I realy want to know if all Vibes in that year are buit that way .
Now i plan to buy a Matrix /Corolla thermistor and install it by my self .

Please check on yours Vibe if compressor stops and run . Maybe you have same problem :)
Possibly for that reason we can not find any picture in the net :) .
Thanks a lot and have a good day .
Cheers ;)