New guy here....

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
302LVR

New guy here....

Post by 302LVR »

Hello to all. I'm new around here and thought i'd introduce myself. I currently own a red 03' Vibe GT 6MT with about 160k miles on the clock. The car is pretty stock except for an ebay SRI, HIDs, and soon i will be installing a GripForce stage 2 Kevlar clutch along with Energy suspension poly motor mount inserts. I plan on installing an aftermarket double din radio soon as well as a header n cat delete but we'll see. The car's been great to me but i dont know too much tech info on it so thats why i decided to join this forum. Hope to exchange info n help pointers with other Vibe owners just like me in the future.
[imgImage][/img]
vibrologist

Re: New guy here....

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome 302LVR!
Nice GT, you have there. Pinstripes on Lava. Keeps good company too!

I can't help with mods but you will see this is the right place for you!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe ;) You passed all initial tests here .... posted a pic of your ride AND your location :D Looks to be in good shape and still at a relatively low mileage. Keep us informed of all you do to this beauty and enjoy it!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
302LVR

Post by 302LVR »

Thanks for the welcome. Forgot to add i'm looking forward to adding cross-drilled and slotted front rotors, and that MWR extended clutch slave cylinder rod soon with the new clutch. I also installed the brass, solid cable link bushings(helped with sloppy shifting) but i read up that extended rod helps a lot in the better shifting department. If anyone has installed this already i would appreciate the feedback before i waste money on something pointless i guess. :lol:
302LVR

Post by 302LVR »

vibrologist wrote:Welcome 302LVR!
Nice GT, you have there. Pinstripes on Lava. Keeps good company too!

I can't help with mods but you will see this is the right place for you!
They're a bit faded but thanks. :lol: I've never really been a big fan of them but i'll just let them be. Haven't considered new ones or even removing the existent ones. I'll concentrate on performance mods instead since people tend to wonder what the heck just beat them whenever i race them in the Vibe since it runs pretty good. ;)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Very sharp looking GT you've got there ;)! You should consider starting a thread in the Garage Forum to document the mods you've already done and any future mods as well.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Welcome. :)
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
302LVR

Post by 302LVR »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:dang man, that looks clean.
how long has she been yours?
Thanks. The paint on the bumpers is actually a bit faded and the hood, roof, and rear hatch top lid were chipped and faded but i had them re-painted that's why i guess u can say it looks half decent. :lol: I picked it up with 141k about 2yrs ago and was skeptical at first being that it was a little high on miles. Now it has 160,xxx miles on it and it's been incredibly reliable to me so i have no complaints overall. It's a great vehicle indeed and I don't regret my purchase at all.
korax234

Post by korax234 »

Looks nice. Can't wait to see more pics of it. I will be installing lowering springs soon!!!