LittleRedVibeHood's 2005 Vibe

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
LittleRedVibeHood

LittleRedVibeHood's 2005 Vibe

Post by LittleRedVibeHood »

I figured since this is the place to post pictures, I would post a picture of my 2005 Vibe. As I mentioned in another thread, I bought the car new in 2004 and I love it. It is a good, reliable car and only has 145k miles on it. And people always seem to think it's "younger" than it is and can't believe I've had it for 12 years. It's a base model with a few options added like leather seats (I really wanted leather because I have a dog and I figured that would be easiest to clean), I think power windows and locks were an option, I know the painted bumpers were optional (although I wanted the unpainted originally. I just had no choice with the other options I wanted).

It's funny, when I bought it, the first thing the dealer asked me was "what color" to which my answer was, I don't care. Haha. I guess they figured a lot of women care most about color, but I knew what I wanted and what options I wanted. I asked, "what do you have with X, Y, and Z ?" It turned out within driving distance there was this one and a white one. So I got red because I figured it would be easier to find in a parking lot. It is!

I read some of the other threads here. I am not much of a car mechanic and I don't work on my car other than very basic stuff like checking the oil, tires, maybe changing out the battery. I just bring it to a trusted mechanic. But I am meticulous about maintaining it. It always gets it's routine maintenance on time and I take good care of it.
IMG_2398 (2).jpg
IMG_2398 (2).jpg (91 KiB) Viewed 2839 times
Attachments
IMG_2396.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg (85.6 KiB) Viewed 2839 times
vibrologist

Re: LittleRedVibeHood's 2005 Vibe

Post by vibrologist »

Beautiful! I can see you take care of it. Oh, in Pontiac parlance this color is Lava. Now a picture of your dog...
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
LittleRedVibeHood

Thanks! I guess I should have made my screen name LittleLavaVibeHood, lol. Oh well, to late. I forgot the name of the color, to me it was always "red."

I will have to post pictures of the dogs later (yes dogs, plural). I am on my way to work now and don't have time to resize them. In my original post, I didn't want to get into too much detail since this isn't a dog forum, but since I got the car, I've had three dogs who rode in it. I had my dog that I had when I bought the car/who I considered when I bought the car. At the time I got the car I was in a relationship with a man who is now an ex. He had a dog too. And I adopted another dog early this year.

When the ex and I split, he gave me his dog. She had health issues and with his work schedule and such, he just didn't have time to give her proper care. He helped me pay her vet bills, but at that point I had two dogs that rode in the Vibe (they liked to sit in the hatchback area, behind the passenger seats and look out). A few years after we split up, his dog eventually had to be put down because of her health issues (she stopped eating and drinking). She was almost 14. Then about a year ago, the dog I had when I got the Vibe also had to be put down at age 16 (she had brain tumors and they were starting to give her painful seizures and she lost the ability to walk and had a hard time eating too). I didn't like not having a dog in my life, so I adopted one from the shelter this past Spring. She's sweet, but clingy. So much so she wants to sit in the passenger seat and make the airbag detector go off! That's okay for the five minute trip to the vet, but anything else and I fold the back seat down and put a kennel in the car to keep her put.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Because of a dog I ended up with a Vibe. My first mod was a pet barrier for the dog. Click on the link in my signature and scroll down. There are more dog owners on this forum.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

LittleRedVibeHood

Okay, as requested the dog pictures. I am sad to say I don't seem to have a picture of one of the dogs in the car (she died a few years ago at age 13). Both dogs used to ride in the very back area together. I remember once the tan one rolled around in mud at a dog park and I was very grateful for the easy to clean interior!

The little black and tan one just died about a year ago at age 16. After her buddy died, I moved transporting her from the back part of the car to the back seat and I took this picture of her at some point. She just didn't like being alone in the back. And, of course, she never sat on the blanket I gave her, she sat on the seat. haha.

I took the picture of my newest pup today. I got her this Spring. She tries to sit in the passenger seat and it's a challenge to keep her in the back seat. Anything longer than a five minute drive, I put a vari-kennel in the car by folding down the back seat. She's just a little too rambunctious in the car (guess it's just so much fun going for a drive. She the type to leap in the car any time I open the door).

I took this picture today. This one thinks she needs to be in the front seat, making the seatbelt alarm go off.
I took this picture today. This one thinks she needs to be in the front seat, making the seatbelt alarm go off.
IMG_2518.jpg (49.36 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
Sitting in the back seat.
Sitting in the back seat.
IMG_2490.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
The two dogs in the snow. I got the car when they were about 4-5 years old.
The two dogs in the snow. I got the car when they were about 4-5 years old.
IMG_2496.jpg (30.38 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Thanks for posting pictures! Very nice looking Lava Vibe and adorable pooches! There are many dog owners / lovers here, so feel free to share any other pictures, stories, etc.!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
LittleRedVibeHood

vibrologist wrote:Because of a dog I ended up with a Vibe. My first mod was a pet barrier for the dog. Click on the link in my signature and scroll down. There are more dog owners on this forum.
Love your dog! I never knew Springers were that big. Looks like that back area comes in handy when pup has had a lot o water fun. I used that area mainly after dog park visits because they can get a little muddy.
LittleRedVibeHood

vibenvy wrote:Thanks for posting pictures! Very nice looking Lava Vibe and adorable pooches! There are many dog owners / lovers here, so feel free to share any other pictures, stories, etc.!
Thanks! I just take really good care of my car. Although I think you can see wear on the floor mat where the heel of my show hits when I drive. I've read so many of the other threads here and it sounds like a lot of folks here enjoy working on their cars. I could learn, but I just don't have the tools. Besides, my Vibe is pretty inexpensive to maintain. It's not like I need to do a lot to it. They are great little cars.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

LittleRedVibeHood wrote:
vibrologist wrote:Because of a dog I ended up with a Vibe. My first mod was a pet barrier for the dog. Click on the link in my signature and scroll down. There are more dog owners on this forum.
Love your dog! I never knew Springers were that big. Looks like that back area comes in handy when pup has had a lot o water fun. I used that area mainly after dog park visits because they can get a little muddy.
Thanks! He is on the large side of spaniels. He was all the way to 67 lbs. At that point I set a rule that he will get food only 2x a day at 7am/pm and it will be a measured amount. We got him to a sustained 60 lbs. Ideal weight is a bit lower though. As long as we can easily feel his ribs we think he is o.k. By the way, he is not my dog. He is my son's dog. You probably know how this goes:"I'll do all the work, Papa." Meaning "Papa will do all the work."

Your dogs are adorable indeed. Your newest one seems to have some energy to burn.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

trb

Post by trb »

Welcome and you have a very nice looking Lava! It looks practically new for being over 10 years old. Just goes to show you what taking care of something will give you. My son's VIbe is 10 yrs old now, and IMO only looks a couple of years old with 85K miles. He plans to drive it at least a few more years and if he does get rid of it, I will take it or give it to one of his two younger brothers. Good cars you don't get rid of!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car