2016 Honda Civic Hatchback - Cruze killer?

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Chiadog

2016 Honda Civic Hatchback - Cruze killer?

Post by Chiadog »

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/g6 ... -america/?
If the old bland looking Civic outsold Chevy Cruze, this new one should kill it! Although I disliked the look of the Honda CrossTour, I really like the look of this CrossTour-eske Civic Hatch. I hope it looks this good in person, and that utility isn't severely compromised by the stylized design. The 2016 Honda Civic was named Car of The Year at the Detroit North American auto show!
KITT222

Re: 2016 Honda Civic Hatchback - Cruze killer?

Post by KITT222 »

That is the European Civic

We never get the Euro Civic. This is the American Civic:

Besides, Civic is a mainstay and staple of the compact car crowd. This new generation is the only good Civic since 2000. It deserves the recognition because it's a good car. Cruze suffers unfairly from the 'American car' stigma even though it's a perfectly fine and capable car, but the NEW Cruze should keep building on the good rep that the previous one helped, as it's a fairly attractive and quality car.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I like the front of the Euro Civic, BUT not the rear. The tail lights and hatch assembly look like they were an afterthought and don't blend in with any body lines. Looks like S H I T IMO :roll: The American Civic looks better and sportier.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

Oh Bummer! Even though the rear-end of the Euro civic is a mess design-wise, I still much prefer it to the US Civic Hatch. I can hardly even call the US rendition a "Hatch", more of a 4-door sedan with a longer trunk lid! Such a shame, the Civic was due for a GREAT Redesign! My last hope for the Civic is that a wagon variant comes to North America. I won't hold my breath.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

It's worse than that, all we're getting appears to be the coupe and the sedan! They might bring a hatch over if Cruze Hatch sells, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cruze hatch, meanwhile, is an attractive and useful car. I got to sit in it at the Detroit Auto Show. Three-prong outlet for the back, USB ports up front and for the rear, heated rear seats... All good things.

Vulcan05

Post by Vulcan05 »

Civic and Cruze in the same breath? Wash your mouth out with soap.
2010 Vibe. Moon roof, Monsoon, 2.4 engine, 5 speed auto, cruise, dark gray.
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Nice review of the 2016 Mazda CX-3 AWD in yesterday's Wall Street Journal.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

KITT222 wrote: Cruze hatch, meanwhile, is an attractive and useful car. I got to sit in it at the Detroit Auto Show. Three-prong outlet for the back, USB ports up front and for the rear, heated rear seats... All good things.
I'm glad to hear the Cruze hatch looks good in-person! The picture looks like GM stole Ford's plans for the next Focus.
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

jake75 wrote:Nice review of the 2016 Mazda CX-3 AWD in yesterday's Wall Street Journal.
Interesting! PBS MotorWeek recently did a segment on the CX-3 which wasn't too flattering. They cited noisy operation and severe lack of utility as negatives. They did, however, say the interior materials were best in class. Personally, I think Mazda will have trouble selling a sub-compact SUV with less interior space than a Gen1 Vibe.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Chiadog wrote:
KITT222 wrote: Cruze hatch, meanwhile, is an attractive and useful car. I got to sit in it at the Detroit Auto Show. Three-prong outlet for the back, USB ports up front and for the rear, heated rear seats... All good things.
I'm glad to hear the Cruze hatch looks good in-person! The picture looks like GM stole Ford's plans for the next Focus.

And of course...

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Nice pics Nick. I missed the Detroit auto show this year. Looking at the side profile of this Cruze, they also adopted the front fender and upper door body lines from our 2009-10 Vibes :D Love that Orange metallic color ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Looks like the new Civic is off to a great start, having a stop-sale order / recall of 34k units with the 2.0L and all... Nothing major, just the potential for engine damage caused by improperly seated piston snap rings. :o

http://blog.caranddriver.com/honda-orde ... l-pending/

I can't say I would be happy to have a brand new car that requires surgery this invasive, what a nightmare...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

OUCH! Sometimes being "the first kid on the block" isn't good!