Toyota recalls 6.5 million vehicles for window switch defect

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Nasmfell

Toyota recalls 6.5 million vehicles for window switch defect

Post by Nasmfell »

2009-2010 Vibe may be affected with this new recall on the power window switch, since the Matrix and Corolla is involved.

www,autoblog.com/2015/10/21toyota-power-window-switch-recall/
vibolista

Re: Toyota recalls 6.5 million vehicles for window switch defect

Post by vibolista »

I read: Vehicles produced between 1/05 - 12/10

Includes Corolla, Camry, Matrix, RAV4, Highlander, Tundra and Sequoia. Looks like most Vibes are going to be on that list, since Matrix/Vibe was produced on the same NUMMI line.

I'm sure that our local dealership will have zero info available for a while. Will check with them and see what they say.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

vibolista wrote:I read: Vehicles produced between 1/05 - 12/10

Includes Corolla, Camry, Matrix, RAV4, Highlander, Tundra and Sequoia. Looks like most Vibes are going to be on that list, since Matrix/Vibe was produced on the same NUMMI line.

I'm sure that our local dealership will have zero info available for a while. Will check with them and see what they say.

Scion is there too, so it has affected NA models and Japanese made Scions.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I remember having recall work done on both our Vibes back in 2013 for the driver's power window switch. I wonder if this is the same thing, similar or completely different...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Looked into the recall a little more... and now includes only 2009 - 2011 years of Matrix. So first Gen Vibe probably not in the mix this time. Stay tuned, the story might change in the next few minutes. Usually takes a while for manufacturers to get all the data out and then it takes those that reprint the recall information a while to get their own misprints corrected!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Houston

Post by Houston »

I just checked NHTSA to see if our Vibes are included in this latest recall. 2009 and 2010 Vibes are on the list. Below is the page...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/Sea ... ids=451786

If necessary, click on "All products associated with this recall."
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.