Cipher Auto Seat install with photos

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
B14CK_H4WK

Cipher Auto Seat install with photos

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

So I just recently purchased some Cipher Auto seats. The ones i got are shown below. They are the CPA1031 Black Leatherette with Orange Accent

I also got Wedge brackets to bolt them down to the floor. you can see i have a problem on the passenger side because the amp is in the way, that comes with the moons and tunes package.

Lets get the wedge bracket installed first

My solution to this was to unbolt the amp and use zip ties under the seat, which actually works really well

I chose to not run the weight sensor on the passenger side but install just put a paper clip in the sensor. It always thinks someone is sitting in the passenger seat but I'm ok with this. I soldered the paper clip in there and taped over it so it doesn't come out.

Here is what the passenger seat installed looks like

I had a similar problem on the driver side because of the inverter

What i did with the inverter was to remove the feet and bend the other side so the bracket would fit

Here is the final product with both seats fully installed
Rvaworm

Re: Cipher Auto Seat install with photos

Post by Rvaworm »

How much were the seats? :?:
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

The seats were 399 for the pair. They are actually a local company here in southern California

http://www.cipherauto.com/racing-seat/1 ... a1031pbk-o
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Very nice !!! The orange trim is a perfect match to the exterior paint! Plus they look comfortable. Great work ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

Ooo! Diggin the Grand Prix hood!
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Those seats look really sharp.

As far as ergonomics go I am a bit skeptic. These seats are lower to the floor than the original seats. That will make the position to the pedals and steering wheel even worse than stock. I had to raise the front of my stock seat to fix that problem.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

vibrologist wrote:Those seats look really sharp.

As far as ergonomics go I am a bit skeptic. These seats are lower to the floor than the original seats. That will make the position to the pedals and steering wheel even worse than stock. I had to raise the front of my stock seat to fix that problem.
Sorry in advance op for hijacking. But I actually just copied you virologist and did that to my seat. Now my knees/high shin hits the dash. The only way to avoid this is to move the seat back until I can't reach the pedals comfortably.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

gtv237 wrote:

Sorry in advance op for hijacking. But I actually just copied you virologist and did that to my seat. Now my knees/high shin hits the dash. The only way to avoid this is to move the seat back until I can't reach the pedals comfortably.
Mine is Gen1, yours Gen2. Maybe my mod does not work that well in Gen2.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

vibrologist wrote:
gtv237 wrote:

Mine is Gen1, yours Gen2. Maybe my mod does not work that well in Gen2.
Whatever works for you. It's strange, I'm a tall guy and I have all the headroom a I could ever want. The steering wheel feels comfortable the seating is comfortable but I can't seem to find a position in which my legs reach the pedals properly.

Oddly enough in my G8 I have gobs of legroom and little headroom.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

gtv237 wrote: Oddly enough in my G8 I have gobs of legroom and little headroom.
You also own a G8 ? Guess that explains the tire you used for the fantasy pic in front of your Vibe.

Here's a better shot of the one in our family ;)

2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

The steering wheel feels comfortable the seating is comfortable but I can't seem to find a position in which my legs reach the pedals properly.
Does your steering wheel telescope?
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

so these seats are definitely lower then the stock seats all the down. I also didn't like the fact that these seats couldn't slide forward as much as the stock seats. So I decided to fix this problem by adding a second slider to the seat. This should raise the seat about two inches and allow me to go forward and back even further then the stock seats. I just bolts two slider kits together from Cipher Auto. I only did the driver side not the passenger side. I would recommend the dual locking sliders instead of the single side locking slider.

I am now sitting slightly higher then the stock seats all the way down.

gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

vibrologist wrote:
The steering wheel feels comfortable the seating is comfortable but I can't seem to find a position in which my legs reach the pedals properly.
Does your steering wheel telescope?
Yes.
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

tpollauf wrote:
gtv237 wrote: Oddly enough in my G8 I have gobs of legroom and little headroom.
You also own a G8 ? Guess that explains the tire you used for the fantasy pic in front of your Vibe.

Here's a better shot of the one in our family ;)

Looks strikingly similar to mine. I actually JUST finished up changing up the rear gears.