Interior plastic paint peeling? 09-10

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Kincaid

Re: Interior plastic paint peeling? 09-10

Post by Kincaid »

Just checking in too - now the car is tinted and is parked outside. Still no problem with my 2009.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Same here. My Vibe, always garaged & with only 17k miles, has no sign of this. Juniors Vibe with 44k miles, always outside & majorly abused by it's previous owner (bought it used @ 36k miles) also has no sign of this happening. Makes you wonder if it was an environmental issue when the door panels were produced. You know ... too much humidity, too cold or warm, dirty environment, Friday @ quitting time :lol: .
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

My mom's Vibe still shows no signs of this issue. Mine however has the spot on the front driver's door panel and it does seem to very slowly be getting worse :(. Both our Vibes are always garaged and my windows have been tinted since a week or two after I bought my Vibe brand new.

2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

Hey all, just wanted to say I have not had this problem on my 09 Vibe. 54xxx miles on it now and it sits outside most of the time (but in a parking garage when I'm at work). The windows have been tinted since about a month after I got it.

Anyway, this seems like a very random problem. I'm going to keep an eye on my interior...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Jackie! Haven't seen you around in forever! How are you? How's the Vibe? Any new mods?
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

Hi Carrie! Yeah I've been away for a while dealing with some family issues, health issues, etc. etc but all is well now and I plan on being around much more.

I've done a few mods to the Vibe recently and will be posting some updated pics on my garage page soon. My next mod is going to be a roof rack (I think I've decided on the 09+ OEM Matrix rack). I'm planning on buying a kayak soon and need a way to haul it. :D

Your Vibe is looking amazing as always!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

jackie879 wrote: My next mod is going to be a roof rack (I think I've decided on the 09+ OEM Matrix rack). I'm planning on buying a kayak soon and need a way to haul it.
Great to hear from you again Jackie :D Too bad you weren't able to meet up with us last month in Pontiac. There would have been THREE 09 GT's again :lol: Smart choice going with the Matrix roof rack vs the Vibe one. It looks so much more sleek & sporty. Post pics when you perform this mod!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

tpollauf wrote: Great to hear from you again Jackie :D Too bad you weren't able to meet up with us last month in Pontiac. There would have been THREE 09 GT's again :lol: Smart choice going with the Matrix roof rack vs the Vibe one. It looks so much more sleek & sporty. Post pics when you perform this mod!
Pontiac is only about three hours away from me so if you guys meet up there again, I'll be sure to bring my GT! :D

I'll be posting pics of the Matrix roof rack install along with other mods soon...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Sorry to hear you have been dealing with a lot of stuff lately, but glad to hear everything's getting better.

Thanks for the kind words on my Vibe! I have a few more small things planned for the near future such as some Hella Super Tones horns :cool:.

I look forward to seeing pictures and updates on your Vibe! I am definitely interested in seeing pictures of the Matrix roof rack too once it's installed. Great to have you around posting again Jackie :D!
trb

Post by trb »

I found these pics of a NICE white Vibe with the Matrix rack on cars.com. I may have to look into one for my GT also.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77 ... dd44d5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77 ... d72103.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77 ... 3fa37f.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

trb wrote:I found these pics of a NICE white Vibe with the Matrix rack on cars.com. I may have to look into one for my GT also.
Wow, those are slick! If we didn't already have a set on the minivan those would be on my list. Far nicer looking than the GM ones.
Image  Image
jackie879

Post by jackie879 »

trb wrote:I found these pics of a NICE white Vibe with the Matrix rack on cars.com. I may have to look into one for my GT also.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77 ... dd44d5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77 ... d72103.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu77 ... 3fa37f.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VERY nice! I was halfway debating on going the Yakima/Thule route, but after looking at those pics I'm definitely going with the Matrix rack. Thanks for posting!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Wow, that's a beautiful Vibe all around :shock:! The Matrix roof rack looks a million times better than the GM one. Unfortunately, I don't have a need for a roof rack and probably never will.
69chevyguy

Post by 69chevyguy »

our 2009 Vibe rear passenger door peeling, just as everyone esle has described.

It looks like the finish on these cars is pretty much garbage. On the outside, car is well cared for, never sees dirt roads, gets waxed, etc...but the front bumper looks like the surface of the moon will a million paint craters and another million stone chips on the hood. It seems if so much as a fly lands on the car (on the road or parked), it will leave a paint chip.

Up on the roof, the paint is boiling off. Yep...bubbling up all over the place. Dealer says nothing they can do as they claim they are stone ships, stone chips don't bubble unless there is bad adhesion to begin with which is a factory problem. In our case though half the bubbles have the paint still intact and not missing.

The car was sold new in 2010 and after barely 4 years in service, it looks like it will need a complete repaint and body job. GM says unless there's a hole, they don't care. Nice. I love the car, love the way it runs, but man are these things ever garbage when it comes to durability of the finish!
2009 Pontiac Vibe 2.4L Manual
2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 (Reg cab, long box)
1969 Chevy Impala
1941 Chevy Coupe