Audio Question- Moons & Tunes

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
vibedrive

Audio Question- Moons & Tunes

Post by vibedrive »

This question is probably more proper to direct at a forum for the aftermarket audio add-on but their forum help site is dead. I had a Parrot Bluetooth Mki-9200 bluetooth added onto my 2005 Vibe Moons & Tunes. It runs on top of your OEM audio, and provides an ipod dock, USB, SD card, and Bluetooth. The installer was certified by Parrot, but in retrospect they were still complete idiots.
Why? They were unaware that Moons & Tunes has a OEM Pre-amp and so this system is now "double amplified". This causes a sound whereby I can hear the spark plug wires snapping if the music has any quiet spaces, and also a rhythmic "click, click, click" during bluetooth phone calls.
Is there an easy fix? So far when I'm alone in the car I just remove my hearing aids and the problem is less annoying.
:)
If there's now easy fix.... what is everyone favorite after market audio? Preferably with: Ipod dock, Bluetooth device stream, Bluetooth cellphone connect.
Thank You
joatmon

Re: Audio Question- Moons & Tunes

Post by joatmon »

Sometimes ignition noise can be a result of grounding issues, sometimes things like wrapping the power leads and grounds for everything around ferrite beads will tame it. Other people use a level converter on the output of their aftermarket radios , to reduce the signal between the radio and the OEM amp