CAMOGIRL's Sonic

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
vibenvy

Re: CAMOGIRL's Sonic

Post by vibenvy »

Tint looks great! What % is it?
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

20%. It's perfect!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Nice! I'd like for our tint (35%) to be a bit darker, but I would be worried about attracting unwanted attention from cops :|.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

vibenvy wrote:Nice! I'd like for our tint (35%) to be a bit darker, but I would be worried about attracting unwanted attention from cops :|.
I generally find it hard to attract attention in a vibe
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I'm a little worried about that. My car is quickly turning into an attention-getter. I just installed my DDMWorks intake. Oh man you should hear the turbo snap. I made a little video, I hope you can hear it. Nevermind me yapping and my horrible camera work.

Also, I've been working on toning down all that bright chrome. Lots of the people over on the Sonic forum just plasti-dip theirs, but you know me, I have to be a little different. I'm going for a black chrome look. I'm using tail light tinting vinyl over the chrome pieces. It just matches the attitude of the car better. Not totally done, as I am doing the trim rings around the headlights and tails, but you can get the idea.

CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I installed the Trifecta Tune. Good GOD. I wonder if anyone does anything like this for the Vibe. It's now a totally different car. If it had wings, i would fly!
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Just remember on that center console, if you have that stubby little armrest on the drivers seat, you can't use the center console. We've been through this with my parents Sonic. They have that useless armrest.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

hotbug1776 wrote:Just remember on that center console, if you have that stubby little armrest on the drivers seat, you can't use the center console. We've been through this with my parents Sonic. They have that useless armrest.
Yeah, I wanted to wait and see how I felt about no console first. Honestly, I have the arm rest pushed back and don't use it. The bolstering of the seat allows me to sit comfortably and have both hands on the wheel or one on my lap. If I get tired of one position, the car is close enough inside I can put my arm up and rest my elbow on the passenger seat. I have no desire for the console really..
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

My arms are to tiny and I have to raise the seat up way too high to use the center console as an armrest. That's ok, though, I don't think my arms are ever tired while I drive.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

I really like that "tint the chrome" idea!

Also, I'm very happy to hear the trifecta tune is awesome. You're otherwise stock? Where/what gains do you feel?
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I LOVE the tune. I have updated the shifter bushings and also added an intake, but yes, otherwise stock. I'd like to add my exhaust and some springs soon, but I have to tag her for the first time next month and I think it's going to take up my reserves..lol.

I never thought my car was lacking in power, zip, or get-up-and-go...until I drove her tuned. When you tune, you get the option of select-a-tune where you can turn it off by turning ON the cruise. I had to drive today in stock mode because my driving is so spirited in performance mode, it makes one of my carpools sick, lol. Stock mode is very quick and responsive, don't get me wrong, it's just designed (like everything else in the car) to give your average driver who doesn't really care a little thrill, while still being "safe". It's a very smooth, predictable zippyness. Tuned.. she's a little wild and unruly, and ready for anything.

Stock I am running 14psi (if I'm lucky) that kicks in almost immediately. There's a couple seconds of lag time.. The tune boosts me to 22.xx psi, and that is dang near on-demand. I breathe on the pedal and she delivers. I can take it slow and steady and ride that 20-22 right on through, or I can mash it a little and she'll boost to stock until I hit 3k rpm and then it's like you're headed for the stars!

I get the option of no-lift-shift with the tune, but I don't use it much, it's more a racing application than anything because it still revs the engine when you are between gears, you just don't lose any boost. Also, I've noticed the tune keeps my engine temps down under or just at 200. I was running about 222 according to the ultragauge, now I am running 199-205ish.

I'm only a baby in my quest for tuner-girl status, so if there's something you were looking for that I didn't answer, ask me directly. I may have to get some clarification, but that's how I learn!

As far as the tinted chrome.. it's a no brainer on my car. I see other cyber RS's and they just look boring.. I may be biased..
I have some more tint coming to finish out the trim rings on the tails and maybe the chrome headlight rings.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

That's about the info I was looking for. Personally, at my lifestage I'd be looking at a sonic sedan or cruze as the Bach wouldn't have enough "trunk"
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I can understand.. it's just the hubby and I and occasionally his teenage daughter (who wants a Vibe for her first car :D) and probably will always just be that. It's enough space for two derby girls, their guests and gear as well, that's about as much as I need. Apparently the Sonic sedan is very roomy. I didn't even consider it because I just cannot do a trunk. If I WAS going to get a sedan, I'd probably pick the Cruze, the aftermarket for it is pretty good, and since I know how the 1.4t acts, I can recommend a tuned Cruze to anyone!
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

CAMOGIRL wrote:I can understand.. it's just the hubby and I and occasionally his teenage daughter (who wants a Vibe for her first car :D) and probably will always just be that. It's enough space for two derby girls, their guests and gear as well, that's about as much as I need. Apparently the Sonic sedan is very roomy. I didn't even consider it because I just cannot do a trunk. If I WAS going to get a sedan, I'd probably pick the Cruze, the aftermarket for it is pretty good, and since I know how the 1.4t acts, I can recommend a tuned Cruze to anyone!
I still love hatches, just can't do it.

My only real annoyance with the cruze or the sonic is the silly bolt patterns...makes it hard to find rims..
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

thebarber wrote:
CAMOGIRL wrote:I can understand.. it's just the hubby and I and occasionally his teenage daughter (who wants a Vibe for her first car :D) and probably will always just be that. It's enough space for two derby girls, their guests and gear as well, that's about as much as I need. Apparently the Sonic sedan is very roomy. I didn't even consider it because I just cannot do a trunk. If I WAS going to get a sedan, I'd probably pick the Cruze, the aftermarket for it is pretty good, and since I know how the 1.4t acts, I can recommend a tuned Cruze to anyone!
I still love hatches, just can't do it.

My only real annoyance with the cruze or the sonic is the silly bolt patterns...makes it hard to find rims..
This is true. Luckily I love my RS wheels for now. It's one thing I am not compelled to upgrade anytime in the future. I may put on some wheel spacers to shove them out flush though once I get my springs on. MMmmm
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

thebarber wrote:That's about the info I was looking for. Personally, at my lifestage I'd be looking at a sonic sedan or cruze as the Bach wouldn't have enough "trunk"
Lack of floor space in the hatch with the seats up is why we went with the Sonic sedan. The trunk on the sedan is very large for a little tin can commuting appliance thingy. If you go for the Cruze, it looks to be outright massive compared to other compacts.

God forbid anything ever happens to the Vibe, but if so, we would probably consider a second Sonic... This time a hatch as it would be good to have around for hauling bulky things.

CAMOGIRL, how's your paint holding up when the birds bomb it? I gotta say, this car is the biggest bird crap magnet out of any car I have ever owned (it has to be washed at least 2x/week because of this.) One attacked it the other day while I was at work... Took a massive dump occupying the center third of the trunk and over the course of a few hours plus direct sunlight, the clearcoat is already ruined in that area. Pretty weak paint... :cry: Birdies really like this thing, meanwhile they mostly leave the 10 year old Vibe with its legendary lousy paint alone. :roll:
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ColonelPanic wrote:CAMOGIRL, how's your paint holding up when the birds bomb it? I gotta say, this car is the biggest bird (removed) magnet out of any car I have ever owned (it has to be washed at least 2x/week because of this.) One attacked it the other day while I was at work... Took a massive dump occupying the center third of the trunk and over the course of a few hours plus direct sunlight, the clearcoat is already ruined in that area. Pretty weak paint... :cry: Birdies really like this thing, meanwhile they mostly leave the 10 year old Vibe with its legendary lousy paint alone. :roll:
Better get a good coat of wax on the Sonic before any more of the clear coat and/or paint gets damaged.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Already did that, its first clay bar and wax (Turtle Wax Ice) was about a month ago. The Ice did make the bird poop much easier to clean off, as advertised. ;) Needs to be done again soon.

Last night, I took the clay bar to the trunk and some more wax, nope... Still the splotches remain, probably eaten into the clearcoat. Makes me sad. :cry:
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

CAMOGIRL wrote:I LOVE the tune. Stock I am running 14psi (if I'm lucky) that kicks in almost immediately. There's a couple seconds of lag time.. The tune boosts me to 22.xx psi, and that is dang near on-demand. I breathe on the pedal and she delivers. I can take it slow and steady and ride that 20-22 right on through, or I can mash it a little and she'll boost to stock until I hit 3k rpm and then it's like you're headed for the stars!
Have you compared the MPG, Stock VS tune?
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Yeah.. I feel that the paint on these is going to be "legendary" as well. The paint is supposedly a new "green" process, where they do all the coats one after another, wet on wet, and it's a water soluble paint (?!) I haven't noticed anything terrible yet though.

As far as tune MPG, I haven't tested it yet because it's terrible at the moment as far as the dash tells me (and it's usually close). Probably because I can't keep my foot out of it ;P I'll test it after the new wears off lol. Most people report a slight increase.
shaeet

Post by shaeet »

I was researching that trifecta tune & apparently someone is getting 65+mpg with it! Also looks like people are running 14.xx 1/4 mile times with the tune & some minor mods...thats nuts! If I needed a new daily driver car i'd definitely check one of these things out, but I think it might be too small for me.

Why can't GM manufacture a cruze-based hatchback with fold-flat seats & passenger seat like the vibe & slap that 1.4 liter into it? They manufacture a 1.7L turbodiesel wagon version of the cruze in the UK that has a 68mpg fuel econ rating. WHY THE FKIN H3LL CANT WE HAVE THAT HERE?!?!?!??!
04 XRS 2ZZ-GE: Injen CAI, hotchkis sways, sportlines on gr2's, brz rims
(Soon For Sale) 05 Vibe 1ZZ auto, 02 WRX Stage 4, 09 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

They have the Chevy Trax in Canada...only comes with the 1.4T.....same as the Buick Encore (which we also get)
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

shaeet wrote:I was researching that trifecta tune & apparently someone is getting 65+mpg with it! Also looks like people are running 14.xx 1/4 mile times with the tune & some minor mods...thats nuts! If I needed a new daily driver car i'd definitely check one of these things out, but I think it might be too small for me.

Why can't GM manufacture a cruze-based hatchback with fold-flat seats & passenger seat like the vibe & slap that 1.4 liter into it? They manufacture a 1.7L turbodiesel wagon version of the cruze in the UK that has a 68mpg fuel econ rating. WHY THE FKIN H3LL CANT WE HAVE THAT HERE?!?!?!??!
Pretty sure I know both of those people. Two of them are close to breaking into 13s. One guy goes to track tomorrow, hoping to break the bubble! I have seen a real increase in my MPG by 3-4MPG, and that's counting that I play around too. I want to test a mild hypermile tank.

Last night I got some more of the vinyl that I used on tinting the chrome and did my tails, including the chrome trim rings. I love it!!

CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Lookit what came in the mail today!!

It's a Forge atmospheric BOV.. PSHHHHH!!!

Waiting for my full tune to come back before I put this puppy on. I hear it's a royal pain in the (removed) to install because of it's location.. but I can't wait!

Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

CAMOGIRL wrote:It's a Forge atmospheric BOV.. PSHHHHH!!!
Hmm.. if it sounds like this that would drive me nuts pretty quickly! ;)
Image  Image
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Rayven01 wrote: Hmm.. if it sounds like this that would drive me nuts pretty quickly! ;)
Oh good God NO!!

Here is the exact setup. I can't tell if that's an Injen intake or the DDMW one, but pretty much identical to me:

Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

Image  Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Taillights look great ;)!

A Cruze Wagon would be killer! Too bad most Americans don't like Wagons/Hatchbacks :roll:.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

vibenvy wrote:Taillights look great ;)!

A Cruze Wagon would be killer! Too bad most Americans don't like Wagons/Hatchbacks :roll:.

Great news! Hatchback sales are picking up! Focus hatch and Fiesta hatch have outsold their sedan brethren, and for some reason Hyundai thought it was necessary to sell the Elantra GT in America, so a trend may be shifting.... I hope. Millenials will be buying cars again soon enough, so we'll see what they make the market do. Rumor has it, my generation likes the hatch!

Taillights look GOOD. Well done.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Pretty sure loud bov's are for ricers
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

thebarber wrote:Pretty sure loud bov's are for ricers
Or for girls who like the sound their turbo makes :ugeek:

Call it rice, call it whatever it looks like to you. I'll shrug and smile and tell you it's mine and I love it, and in general, nobody's going to be able to put a label on it because it's me, and that's what I do. :)
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

I guess it's just matter of personal preference. Personally, I love the sound of a loud BOV. One of my friends ended up getting the sedan version, but I really like the look of the hatchback a lot more.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

AustinG wrote:One of my friends ended up getting the sedan version, but I really like the look of the hatchback a lot more.
I agree. The Sonic Sedans look very strange to me :shock:.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

vibenvy wrote:I agree. The Sonic Sedans look very strange to me :shock:.
Unfinished-looking.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

This is owned by a guy on sonicowners. I would only ever buy the sedan if I knew I would turn it into something like this. Not everyone likes spoilers and body kits, but I enjoy the fact that it looks like a mini evolution x (Srt-4 spoiler).

http://www.sonicownersforum.com/forum/d ... le_id=1578" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sonicownersforum.com/forum/a ... 201159.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.sonicownersforum.com/forum/a ... 172156.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

While I like that sedan and I like the match generally, I find the hatch a bit truncated looking...like it needs another 6" of body and wheelbase
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

The 3D carbon body kit really does a lot for the sedans looks.

Barber- I agree, I just really dig that for some reason. Have you seen one in person? The look is a little less extreme than it appears in pictures, but still it ends rather.. abruptly.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

i finally got to drive a non-eco cruze 1.4T 6M (having driven an eco 6M and a 1.8 6M)

i know what ill be getting when the vibe kicks it...
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

thebarber wrote:i finally got to drive a non-eco cruze 1.4T 6M (having driven an eco 6M and a 1.8 6M)

i know what ill be getting when the vibe kicks it...
I'm kinda glad I never drove one, it might have been my first sedan.. I'm not ready for that. They are sweet-looking and I can imagine the fun you had driving it... :twisted:
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Got my graphics done :)

Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

those stripes and graphics are killer!
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

Imagine how many more of these they would sell if they came like that from the factory! :lol: Looks great!
Image  Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Personally, I'm not a fan of decals, graphics, etc. but those stripes do look pretty darn good ;)!

Sure did miss you and the Sonic in Pontiac :(.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Looks good...but I'm pretty sure "turbocharged" is one word...
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I am sorry I missed out. Looking back there's no way it would have happened. I was him-hawing around up to the day before because I wanted to so bad!

Barber.. I'm pretty sure you are right. I'm getting new ones anyway.. I had it written as one word in the request. Some angles also make the space look bigger than it is.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Your RS is Looking Very sporty! love the direction and theme you're going with her!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Sold the BOV. For one thing, my intake makes quite enough noise for me at the moment. The biggest reason being that in order to run the BOV in the first place, I'd need to be tuned. Of course, I AM tuned, but I don't want it to be obvious upon any dealer trips, and a shiny part would be, then would come the questions on how I am able to run it... :roll:

SO, I sold it for what I paid for it, and put the money toward a good cause :ugeek:

thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Moar low?
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

thebarber wrote:Moar low?
Moar low.

Eibach Pro Kit for Sonic. Much better than impulsive BOV purchase.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

@ 1.2/1.4 f/r rear, you're really only going down another 0.7/0.9?