2014 Regal Wagon is a go?

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
jkm311

2014 Regal Wagon is a go?

Post by jkm311 »

When the GS version is green-lit, look out. I'll be buying a true station wagon:

http://www.motorauthority.com/pictures/ ... #100402521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steelies to the rescue.
ehoff121

Re: 2014 Regal Wagon is a go?

Post by ehoff121 »

That looks like a Vibe to me...
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...yeah, but it's gonna be a LOT BIGGER than our Vibes!
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Have you looked at the price of a new regal? I like it, but I'll wait to pick up a used one..
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

thebarber wrote:I like it, but I'll wait to pick up a used one..
If I have the willpower to wait for a one year used GS model with under 15k, I will. I would love to save a cool 5k that way. I just don't want someone to abuse the poor thing because it was a program car or lease turn-in. :(
Steelies to the rescue.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

That would be fantastic! I would have to see it without the cammo, from the rear quarter I kinda see Subaru Outback which isn't exactly flattering...

Unfortunately while the Regal is a great car, I could never buy one. Prohibitively expensive for starters, and the interior only coming plastered in slaughtered cow is absolutely a deal breaker...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vit

Post by vit »

Probably an Opel...
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

jkm311 wrote:
thebarber wrote:I like it, but I'll wait to pick up a used one..
If I have the willpower to wait for a one year used GS model with under 15k, I will. I would love to save a cool 5k that way. I just don't want someone to abuse the poor thing because it was a program car or lease turn-in. :(
The regal sedan starts at $28kUS....where are you thinking the wagon is going to come in at? If its anything like the cts wagon, it wont be at the same base price as the sedans...

You'll have to wait 3-5 years to be at the $15k mark...
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Year old Regals around here are still going for mid 20's. :?

Used cars are absolute ripoffs now, they're not worth wasting time on IMO. The days where someone else took the hit on depreciation sure were nice!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
jake75

Post by jake75 »

ColonelPanic wrote:Year old Regals around here are still going for mid 20's. :?

Used cars are absolute ripoffs now, they're not worth wasting time on IMO. The days where someone else took the hit on depreciation sure were nice!
Agree!!!!!

That's why I keep using to some extent my GM Master Card. With the 5% reward I might have $2,000 by the time I am ready to buy my next new car, and maybe GM will up that to $3,000 as they did for my 2009 Vibe. Add to that any rebate and dealer discount and you get a deal you can't refuse.

I recently rented a 2012 Chevy MALIBU. The car is nice and the mpg pretty good but I just don't like sitting that low in a passenger sedan. Even with the tilt wheel up I had trouble getting inside - My legs rubbed against the underside of the steering wheel. This Regal station wagon might have that same issue.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

ColonelPanic wrote:Year old Regals around here are still going for mid 20's. :?

sorry, i completely disagree.

you drive off the lot and you can't sell the car for what you paid.

in ontario, tax is %13. you look at the "$30000" car, add destination, a/c tax, tire tax, and government tax you're up to $37000 or so that you need to pay or finance.

not to mention that thats almost $620/month to finance at 0% for 5 years, itll take you AT LEAST 3 years of payments just to get to the break even point of the cars value vs what you owe

pick up the year old car for $25000, theres less tax, less fees, etc and you have a pretty-much-new car for at least $10k less

most cars nowadays arent pieces of (removed), so even if you wait 3 or 4 years, chances are good that the year or two of powertrain warranty (and in some cases comprehensive) will cover anything major (or minor) that goes wrong with the car...
jake75

Post by jake75 »

When you drive a used car off the lot you can't get what you paid either.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

jake75 wrote:
I recently rented a 2012 Chevy MALIBU. The car is nice and the mpg pretty good but I just don't like sitting that low in a passenger sedan. Even with the tilt wheel up I had trouble getting inside - My legs rubbed against the underside of the steering wheel. This Regal station wagon might have that same issue.
Jake, I had the same issues. Had a Malibu for a few days while the vibe was repaired after my accident. I just couldn't get comfortable in the car.

Anyways, total dimensions aside, and just going on looks, it looks like a vibe from the rear door forward. From the same pont back, looks like they would have stretched it and added some serious over hang.
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

jake75 wrote:When you drive a used car off the lot you can't get what you paid either.
True, but who buys used cars off dealer lots?

Loss would certainly be less, though
jake75

Post by jake75 »

thebarber wrote:
jake75 wrote:When you drive a used car off the lot you can't get what you paid either.
True, but who buys used cars off dealer lots?

Loss would certainly be less, though
I suspect that the vast majority of used cars are bought off dealer lots. My 2009 Vibe AT MSRP $19,480 was bought new almost 4 years ago in Jan. 2009. So far my only expense has been LOF and tire rotation. I suspect that if I had bought a 2006 in Jan. 2009 I would have had a lot more expenses. After rebates and discounts I paid about $12,000 plus tax. I could probably sell it today for $12,000. I admit, those kind of deals are probably ancient history. But even today, buying new is often a better value.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Not a bad looking wagon/hatch. A bit too much rice in those taillights though :roll: Because it's a Buick, NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION will be available :evil: You won't see one in my driveway anytime soon. I'd also be curious where this car would be produced?
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

tpollauf wrote:Not a bad looking wagon/hatch. A bit too much rice in those taillights though :roll: Because it's a Buick, NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION will be available :evil: You won't see one in my driveway anytime soon. I'd also be curious where this car would be produced?
Uh, the 2011+ 2.0L Turbo models have been available with a 6 speed manual.

I'd assume the 2014 would be built in Oshawa, just like the current lineup.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

ClunkClunk wrote: Uh, the 2011+ 2.0L Turbo models have been available with a 6 speed manual.

I'd assume the 2014 would be built in Oshawa, just like the current lineup.

Thanks for the corrections. I just can't get out of my head what some female Buick salesman told my wife & I some 20 years ago when we inquired about the then new 92 Buick Skylark GS and we wanted it in stick shift. This "blank blank" of a saleswomen said to us: "Buick drivers don't drive stick shift" I hope she's homeless today or better yet ..... dead! Needless to say we went elsewhere. Where to people get off with such attitudes when they need us customers to keep them employed?

Anyways glad to hear/see that they will be produced here in this country ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

*Proooobably* should have clarified that by saying "under 15k," I meant miles after one year. I certainly didn't expect a Buick Regal GS Wagon to lose over half its value in one year. But it certainly lead to this interesting conversation. Ha!
jake75 wrote:I recently rented a 2012 Chevy MALIBU. The car is nice and the mpg pretty good but I just don't like sitting that low in a passenger sedan. Even with the tilt wheel up I had trouble getting inside - My legs rubbed against the underside of the steering wheel.This Regal station wagon might have that same issue.

I'll definitely temper my expectations of the comfort. I do like the height of the Vibe. Really like it, in fact.
thebarber wrote:True, but who buys used cars off dealer lots?
I do. We saved over $5,000 on my wife's Malibu Maxx that way. Kept our payment way low, it's still in good shape and we've gotten nearly 55,000 miles out of it.
vit wrote:Probably an Opel...
It is.
ColonelPanic wrote:Used cars are absolute ripoffs now, they're not worth wasting time on IMO. The days where someone else took the hit on depreciation sure were nice!
That was while everybody was holding onto their cars during the recession, dealers jacked up the prices on used cars because sales of new models were in the dumper. The tide is turning back. And you only pay for the price you agree on. I'm one of those "complicated" customers.
Steelies to the rescue.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

jkm311 wrote:*Proooobably* should have clarified that by saying "under 15k," I meant miles after one year. I certainly didn't expect a Buick Regal GS Wagon to lose over half its value in one year. But it certainly lead to this interesting conversation. Ha!
ohhhhhh

ya that makes more sense

buying off a dealer lot is ok as you often get things certified/etested, but i find theyre usually more expensive than cars you can find on kijiji (like craigslist, but better). i found both of our vibes on kijiji, but when you find an awesome deal you NEED to strike quickly.

that said, when buying the GT, i looked very seriously at a volvo xc70 and a malibu maxx LTZ on a couple of dealer lots...