05 Vibe - Painted Front Grill Black

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
AustinG

05 Vibe - Painted Front Grill Black

Post by AustinG »

Okay, so I was getting a little tired of the boring grey front grill on my 05, and I wanted the silver outline to pop more. Today I prepared everything and painted it black. I think it looks a lot better than it did before in grey. A few days ago I painted the cross bars black, and I repainted the factory steelies as well. I live on a dirt road, so the part of the steel rims that isn't covered by the caps got all rusted/sand blasted. They look new.

----

I still haven't got any new wheels installed, because I keep refusing to pay $500 for a set of tires and balance/rotation to get them installed. Every set of wheels that I found that WOULD fit on CL always had no usable tires on them. I had a set of MR7's and Scion Wheels, but i sold those because I needed to save the tire money for bills; I do have an alpine CDE-122 installed though. I'm glad my car has a stock sub installed.
Last edited by AustinG on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chiadog

Re: 05 Vibe - Painted Front Grill Black

Post by Chiadog »

I think the new paint job looks great. And it didn't cost Ya a $1000.00. Did you use spray cans? How many did it take? Did you take before pictures?
chia
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Looks good to me BUT before & after "side by side" comparison pics would really tell the story. Still looks good though :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

I was once told that hindsight is always 20/20...nfortunately I didn't think to take any photos before I painted it. :x
07cdnvibe

Post by 07cdnvibe »

What did you use for paint to do your front grills, I had thought about trim paint but was not sure, I don't want them to glossy and am thinking of eliminating the chrome around the grills some how as well synced that is the only shiney think left on my car lol.
Cougar Vibe

Post by Cougar Vibe »

AustinG wrote:I was once told that hindsight is always 20/20...nfortunately I didn't think to take any photos before I painted it. :x
Here's a little "grill on grill" action...sorry for the bad pun: