Stereo installation tomorrow

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Trend46

Stereo installation tomorrow

Post by Trend46 »

Hello forum, this is my first post on here. I bought my first vibe a month ago, it is an 04 5 speed. Tomorrow I will have the money to buy a dash kit and wiring harness for my stereo ( which I had in a previous car). My question is about running the wiring for the amp to my 12's. How do you guys have have the 12v main for your amps running through the firewall? Pictures appreciated. I don't know much about this vehicle yet so I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible before I tear into it.
audiovibe

Re: Stereo installation tomorrow

Post by audiovibe »

Here are a couple pics of where I had my 0awg power wire ran.

From inside under the dash

From the outside under the hood

Hope it helps
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
Trend46

Post by Trend46 »

Thx for the reply. I will look closer at it later. Much appreciaed
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

hey I have a wiring harness you can HAVE if you pay shipping. ALSO I think I may have the installation kit you can have as well.

See, I bought the kit that came with a double-din installation and single din kit. I only used the double-din kit, so it may have everything you need (not sure)

Anyways...if you're willing to pay shipping (to me via PayPal), I'll send it your way tomorrow.

Text me anytime @ (256)347-9037 (quickest way to get a hold of me) if ya have any questions or want me to put up detailed pics of what I've got 8)

Oh... and welcome to GenVibe ;)
Trend46

Post by Trend46 »

Thank you for the welcome, I got it installed today in a little more than 2 hours. The conversion kit autozone sold me the wrong dash kit, and refused to take it back because it was open. After arguing with them for about an hour, I counted my losses and made it work. I used some pieces off a foam insulator that came with an air condition I recently bought to fill in the spaces around it.

Head unit:
By maddog46113 at 2012-07-30

Subs: Orion 12"s ( Yeah I know, I need to build a new box. A buddy had this one just laying around. )
By maddog46113 at 2012-07-30

( I placed my amp right behind the center console because I didn't have quiet enough wiring to reach the back. )
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

cool, cool.

I had the same problem w/ wire not reaching where I mounted my amp.

So I bought an in-line fuse and an extra 4ft of wire and just extended it that way.

Cheap, easy, and now I have 2 in line fuses between my amp and battery ;)
Trend46

Post by Trend46 »

Any recommendations on where I can find a mat to keep them from sliding around, lol right now I'm using baby seat straps to hold them from sliding back and forth.