Car Accident in my town

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
ParknVibe

Car Accident in my town

Post by ParknVibe »

Please watch this accident at Locust and Westfield Ave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k5UmguCJ4U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will see three different views of the accident in 30 seconds.

This Video is being shown on major TV networks. There is an expanded report on ABC website with a reporter at the location. Roselle Park Police wants every one to see and learn from this accident. The driver was drunk. It happened 6-29-12. 5 to 6 AM

Good thing it was early in the morning. Just think if here were cars stopped at the red... where the car fell on to. ( the opposite side)
OmniDimensional

Re: Car Accident in my town

Post by OmniDimensional »

That's horrifying. What if there were pedestrians? Or other cars waiting, like you mentioned. Just goes to show no matter how careful you try to be you can almost never account for everyone else.
2003 AWD, black. K&N CAI, 16" Montegi, 15% tint, sunroof, premium audio.
Garage
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

360 sidegrind plus bonus points for collateral damage...

But since this is real-life with consequences, drag him/her from the crumpled car and finish the job! :evil:
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Yeah, every network is playing that clip on the air now :shock: Good thing it wasn't a Vibe :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

I don't feel any sympathy for the guy in the dark green/blue car than ran the red light and flipped. He brought it upon himself when he ran that red light, what did he expect? You act stupid, you get stupid.

As for the others, I am glad there were no pedestrians or any cars sitting beside that center divider.
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

Infinity-x wrote:I don't feel any sympathy for the guy in the dark green/blue car than ran the red light and flipped. He brought it upon himself when he ran that red light, what did he expect? You act stupid, you get stupid.

As for the others, I am glad there were no pedestrians or any cars sitting beside that center divider.
I just want to add that the drunk driver is a 24-25 old female. Her car was a Toyota Echo 2001 or 02. She had the seatbelt on and only minor injuries.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

good grief! Speaking if what-ifs... what if that light pole hadn't stopped the upward and forward progress? Bet there would have been more than minor injuries.. :roll:
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

The drunks always seem to make it out alright.