Wanting HID's. Needing help!!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Brandort3

Wanting HID's. Needing help!!

Post by Brandort3 »

I'm looking to get HID's for my 2003 Vibe GT and needing to know what sort of specs i should know. I'm not sure if i need 12V or what. I'm a pretty big newb when it comes to electronics and wiring. This is what i've found, 9003 12V 50/55W H1 HID Conversion Kit. Can someone confirm that this will work in the Vibe or not? Any help is appreciated!
dinopiratedavid

Re: Wanting HID's. Needing help!!

Post by dinopiratedavid »

9003 is correct as for the 12v or not I'm not sure what you mean.. all cars do run on the 12v the only choice with HIDs when it comes to that is 35w or 55w, 55w is brighter but you have to go to higher temps to get the blue if you want it. I'm running 35w 10000k.
The site I got mine from: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-H ... 35W-or-55W" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not the best picture but shows the blue in mine better than any other picture I have

MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

You want a 35W kit, because the 55W will melt your wiring, you'd need a relay harness (and I'm not sure that works with the Bi-Xenons our car needs (combined High and Low beams in one bulb). Our bulb type is H4, so you'd need a 35W H4 (Hi-Low or Bi-Xenon, people call them both) conversion kit. That should include bulbs, ballasts and appropriate wiring. You should also look into disabling the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights) or re-routing them to your fog lights, because they'll kill your HID ballasts real quick. The other option is manually turning on your headlights before disengaging the e-brake every time you get in the car.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
Brandort3

Post by Brandort3 »

Thanks for all the help! That's exactly the info that i needed. It seemed like everyone i asked didn't know what i was talking about. So i figured i'd ask the people who know Vibe's best. :D