HVAC Click

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
MotoAce51

HVAC Click

Post by MotoAce51 »

So my wife is the new owner of my Vibe. Today she has been driving around and had no issues. This evening she went to go to work and there was a horrible Tick, tick, tick, click, click, click. I searched around and found the issue behind the glove compartment, and in the fan assembly. I took out the cabin filter which needs to be replaced already, I checked the assembly and I located the issue. There is a filter/ door at the top of that assembly that was "closed" (maybe open, not sure which is which) and there was something trying to click it to another position but it couldnt go any further. THat was the click. I tried fan speeds, location of the air flow and the only way I could get the clicking/ door moving against stops to stop was to turn on REC AIR. Turn it off and its back to doing it. Any idea what could cause this?

I tried to search but I cant find anything. Not sure if its been covered or just bad keywords. Any help would be appreciated!
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
trb

Re: HVAC Click

Post by trb »

Very common problem, the recirculate air servo gear is stripped. There are a few threads on here about it. Here is one:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and another:

viewtopic.php?t=38246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck on it!
Last edited by trb on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
MotoAce51

Re: HVAC Click

Post by MotoAce51 »

Sweet Thanks. I think I looked it up backwards. I didn't think it would be the recirc thing since turning it on made it go away. Good info. I will pull it apart tomorow if the rain stops!
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU