Concerns! Did I get a lemon?

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
wildvibe

Concerns! Did I get a lemon?

Post by wildvibe »

Alright as i have discussed in other threads I have had some things wrong with my vibe.1. Radio blew up.2. Oil solenoid went bad.3. Won't take gas at pump.My car is currently at dealer for the tank not taking gas. Has been there since tuesday! They checked everything and still takes no gas so than the gas tank was fully replaced. Still no luck! They have two parts on order also to replace. Not sure what they are going to replace next. All I am saying is when is enough enough. I am so tired of taking my vibe in every other month! I have had several older cars that all I had to do is change the oil and breaks. Why is it i buy a brand new car and I get stuck with it not being reliable. When you pay 20,000 for a new car you expect it to be perfect and be reliable. As it stands now I will never ever buy another General Motors Vehicle untill I can be shown they are reliable atleast before the first 60,000 or so I mean come on. Lets just hope if they get this fixed that the clutch holds up. Also when is it time to say em I think I got a lemon to the dealer??? I have nothing against my dealer they hook me up but the fact that I always have to take time off work to get it in is getting on my last nerve
2003 Abyss Vibe GTMoon & Tones PackagePower Package Mods: -Freedom Design Front Strut Bar-Window Tint 20% Sides and Back %35 on Driver and Passenger Door Future Upgrades: -Underdrive Crank Pulley-Borla Catback Exhaust-Injen CAI-ACT Xtreme Clutch Kit w/ 6-Puck Race Disc (Torque Capacity 351 ft.lbs.)-18" Katana - KR-7 (HyperBlack)-Eibach Springs
Vibe Rater

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (wildvibe)

Post by Vibe Rater »

I don't think you're at the point you need to throw the baby out with the bath water yet. Sounds like you have a reasonably good dealer (compared to most other GM dealers). What I would certainly insist on is that the dealer do more to make it more convenient for you to have your new car fixed. Ask them to pick-up and drop off your car and bring you a loaner when they do. Even if they have to pick it up at your workplace. You shouldn't have to take time off work to have warranty work done on your car. If they can make it more convenient for you to have the work done, the problems wouldn't seem nearly as serious. As for the fuel intake problem, that's a strange one, especially if they changed the tank and it still did it. Did they change the filler tube with the tank? Geesh.
savedbyzero

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (Vibe Rater)

Post by savedbyzero »

Maybe it just isn't hungry? J/K! Yes, this would suck. Threaten them with the LEMON!
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com
wildvibe

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (savedbyzero)

Post by wildvibe »

I would have them pick it up except my job is an hour away from the dealership! I don't blame the dealership I just blame the car I loved my vibe when I first bought it. Drives nice etc etc etc. Just needs to be reliable
2003 Abyss Vibe GTMoon & Tones PackagePower Package Mods: -Freedom Design Front Strut Bar-Window Tint 20% Sides and Back %35 on Driver and Passenger Door Future Upgrades: -Underdrive Crank Pulley-Borla Catback Exhaust-Injen CAI-ACT Xtreme Clutch Kit w/ 6-Puck Race Disc (Torque Capacity 351 ft.lbs.)-18" Katana - KR-7 (HyperBlack)-Eibach Springs
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

I hope it works out for you. If it continues ask for a new car or your money back, you should not be experiencing those types of problems!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

wildvibe

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (ArcsVibe)

Post by wildvibe »

After Day 8 I still have no car! They replaced the whole gas tank and wasn't the problem so they ordered two more parts not sure what though. Only one has came in and the other is special order so who knows when. Wonder if they will hit the 30 day lemon car marker. I just want my damned car back!!!!!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I've been lucky with mine, haven't needed to take it back to the dealer once, which is probably what you were hoping for when you bought yours. When they do fix it, be sure to find out what the problem was and let us know. Ask to see the failed parts, and have them explain why it caused the problem.Did they give you a loaner while they have your vibe?
Vibe Rater

Post by Vibe Rater »

What did they give you to drive while you wait?
wildvibe

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (Vibe Rater)

Post by wildvibe »

Impala! Still not my car though
wildvibe

Post by wildvibe »

Day 12 - ok an update! I talked with dealership yesterday and car was still not fixed and one of the parts was still not in. I believe they are waiting on a fill canaster or something of that nature. Funny thing is they told me I had to take the rental car back and pick my car up till they get the part in because they didn't want to pay for the rental car anymore. Hmm...... So I was nice and took rental car back this morning and than I went and got my car. Had to walk a good 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile to the dealership from the rental car place because of them not being open so nobody could pick me up. I also live about 20 minutes from dealership lol so again a waste of time. The thing is I will again have to take time out of work when they do get parts in to have those parts put in. Than what happens if that doesn't fix the problem what do I do than??? Sorry guys for flaming but I feel like I am really getting shafted for being so nice and not raising a big stink with the dealer! I guess atleast they filled it up for me but that still doesn't make all this go away. I will keep you all posted!
wildvibe

Post by wildvibe »

I say after they fix this problem hopefully! I would like to have free gas for a year while we are on the gas topic!!
joatmon

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (silverawd26)

Post by joatmon »

quote:You will be taken care of for your troubles, trust me. You sound pretty confident, but it seems like his experience so far would indicate otherwise.
joatmon

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (silverawd26)

Post by joatmon »

OK, if you say so, just hope he gets it fixed soon.
pmh013

Post by pmh013 »

quote:Funny thing is they told me I had to take the rental car back and pick my car up till they get the part in because they didn't want to pay for the rental car anymore. You are way too nice. I had a dealership do this to me. I went straight to the District Service Manager & said "umm, no!" I would keep the loaner until yours is fixed. Is it your fault that their parts shipping/procurement program sucks sh*t? No, so why should you have to "pay" for it by continuing to drive around your obviously defective car? It is COMPLETELY unreasonable that it is taking 12 days for a part to come in. Is there a labour shortage in China where they're making these parts? No, I'd guess not. They've shipped your part on the slowest boat from China, instead of shipping it air express. You can get anything from anywhere in the world in 3 days or less. Is it always economical to do so? No, but if you've got me, the disgruntled customer on the other end of that parts shipment, you'd better get your act togther. That's just me, though. I've learned you've gotta get a little rough with these guys. They don't like it, but they treat you with respect (at least to your face). I'm sure they curse me when I've left!I would have taken a cab instead of hiking, and asked to be reimbursed. But, I'm the customer who wants my car back washed & full of gas when I take it in for service. Why? Because if was reasonably clean & had more than 1/8 of a tank when I took it in, you fat heads!!!
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan
Walker

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (pmh013)

Post by Walker »

LOL. I'm the same way, PMH013. Don't put up with thier sh*t!! That whole "return the rental car" would have made me madder then hell.Keep us updated please.
wildvibe

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (Walker)

Post by wildvibe »

Day 14-Dealership called this morning and they got the other part in! Ha! Funny thing is I took back the rental saturday morning and now the part is in! So in turn I dropped my car off and had my wife meet me all the way at dealership! Than drive and borrow a car from family so I can drive to work tomorrow! If this doesn't fix than I am gonna have to prob get another rental! If they even give me one?
Charlievibe

Post by Charlievibe »

Your problem sounds VERY familiar to me. A friend of mine bought a Ford SportTrak. The second day he had it, someone hit the back of his truck. To make a very long story short, he started having these same problems with his gas tank. The dealer kept trying to tell him that his problems were due to the impact. He knew it was a load of junk because all that happened was his taillight was broken (no structural damage). After 4 or 5 visits to the dealer, he started threatening them with the Lemon Law. If I remember correctly, from what he told me, the Lemon Law, in the state he lives in, says that the car can be classified as a lemon if it is returned to the dealership for the same problem more than four times (it may be more than that). He said it was amazing how quickly they got his truck fixed when he started throwing this up at them. All of this happened about eight months ago and he has not had another problem. Definately look into what your options are. As for the rental car issue, I have to agree with everyone else, I would have told the dealership what they could do to themselves. I thought that it was a Pontiac (maybe even GM) perk that if they kept your car overnight, you got a loaner. Does anyone else know about this, or have I just been very lucky?I wish you the best of luck with you car and do keep us posted.
Just because you see Charlie doesn't mean I am a he....sometimes Charlie can be a she!!!!
joatmon

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (Charlievibe)

Post by joatmon »

Charlievibe, welcome to genvibe!
Charlievibe

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (joatmon)

Post by Charlievibe »

joatman - Thanks for the welcome, I am glad I found this group. CV
Just because you see Charlie doesn't mean I am a he....sometimes Charlie can be a she!!!!
wildvibe

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (Charlievibe)

Post by wildvibe »

Ok guys an update!! The car is now taking gas after replacing the filler tube and the canister. I thought I had communicated to dealership to leave my car out front locked so I could pick it up. I drove all the way out to get it and it was still locked in fences in back. I guess I just don't have any luck! Thanks for all your support I really do appreciate it!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

So they say it's fixed, but all you can do is look at in vibe prison? What a tease. I hope they really got it fixed. maybe you can make them to show you that it will take gas before you accept the repair.
wildvibe

Re: Concerns! Did I get a lemon? (joatmon)

Post by wildvibe »

Picked up car a little bit ago! I made sure I called this morning and I told 3 people I wanted to parked out front with keys locked in it!! And they did today. I figured they might fill it up for me but no such luck. I took it to the pump and it does fill no problems. Thanks everyone! I do still think they need to make this process a bit less painfull I spent alot of extra time to get this takin care of and I don't really appreciate having a new car that I gotta take into shop every other month. I like my vibe but not to the extreme of taking it in for repair all the time. Welp I hope thats it and I get a lot more miles out of it!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

It's probably good that they didn't fill it up, because now you know that they did actually fix it. That had to be a relief. I hope it's a long time before you ever have to deal with those people again. Figure the Vibe must be one excellent car for you to put up with those problems and still like it, Also seems like that dealer is not very worried about whether or not you (or anyone you know) will ever do business with them again. Congrats on FINALLY getting it cured!