Gonna be a busy week for Rogue Leader (pic heavy)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
colterk

Gonna be a busy week for Rogue Leader (pic heavy)

Post by colterk »

**Anyone finding themselves here, this is just a work inprogress, not my actaual garage as I have yet to set one up. This are mods I've done in the last few weeks or so now. I just keep updating it. Only things not included realy are the wheels and chrome grille inserts. Enjoy**

-Had to put off the headunit install but that is getting done tomorrow. COMPLETED
-Gonna do a rear debadge/rebadge. COMPLETED
-Installing a rear fascia to protect from doggy nails. COMPLETED
- Setting up my AVS shades, a must have here in WA I think. COMPLETED
-Doing a quasi-custom wheel cover thing, gonna wrap 40 feet of paracord to add grip and comfort in a few places. Paracord is amazing stuff and will add the benefit of having rope in a survival situation. And yes I am a bit of a survivalist and major outdoor enthusiast. COMPLETED
-Dash cover is finally getting placed and set in. COMPLETED
-The calipers are getting painted (white) COMPLETED
-Rear Pontiac inlay and front arrowhead inlay (again, white for those wondering) COMPLETED
-"Vibe" 3rd brake light via grafxwerks.comCOMPLETED
-Spoiler, favoring under window
-Injen RD CAI
-Tein S lowering springs
-K&N air filter replacement
-Exhaust tip (until I can afford a full exhaust, lol)
-Front mudflaps

So as you can see, or read rather, gonna be a busy, productive and imagined week for the Vibe and myself. Can't wait for you all to see everything all finished. Cheers everyone!!!

Oh and any hockey fans out there? GO COYOTES. =)

**Update as of May 1- still waiting on some things to arrive and it's been busy with work. Looking at adding Injen CAI, Tein S lowering springs and TRD anti sway bar to the list. We shall see.** CAI and springs ordered. AND ARE ON THE WAY!
Last edited by colterk on Tue May 08, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Link to my 'garage' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38548
Led Powered Since '87
colterk

Re: Gonna be a busy week for Rogue Leader

Post by colterk »

Oh my goodness. Wish on any of the 15 posts I read, someone would have mentioned the NEED for a wiring harness adapter. Weak, so it gets put off another day and my dash looks like this:

Hopefully I can have this done before work at 6pm tomorrow. The piece will be in store at 8am.

Prelim pics of ventshades, calipers painted and dashmat placed:

Thanks for looking and bearing with me.
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Looking good so far! Can't wait to see pictures of the rest of the mods!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Looking good so far! Can't wait to see pictures of the rest of the mods!
+1
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Looking good so far! Can't wait to see pictures of the rest of the mods!
Rear bumper protector. It's a little smaller than I expected but not bad, open top view:

Rogue Re-Badge in the rain. LOL sorry guys
Badge with new bumper:

Stereo Alpine CDE 125BT
Para-wrapped steering wheel
Dashmat set
And my favorite, a culmination of the 3 new interior mods

Btw, I feel like I need to start a garage...
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Re: Gonna be a busy week for Rogue Leader (pic heavy)

Post by vibenvy »

Everything looks really good! You've really done alot to your Vibe in a short time! Keep up the good work.

Btw... yes, you do need to start a garage ;)! LOL!
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Looks great so far. ;)
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Everything looks really good! You've really done alot to your Vibe in a short time! Keep up the good work.

Btw... yes, you do need to start a garage ;)! LOL!
Thank you. It has been a fun learning experience. And this is only the beginning. I do wish I was more mechanically inclined to tackle things like exhaust, intake, lowering, things of that nature, but in time. I feel the Vibe is already a very unique vehicle but to leave it all stock is an injustice to it and ourselves. Modding your car, even if only aesthetics, shows off your style and personality. It's amazing how a few mods can change the look and 'vibe' of the car. It's a beautiful thing. Garage coming soon.

lannvouivre wrote:Looks great so far. ;)
Thank you very much! =)
Led Powered Since '87
dinopiratedavid

Post by dinopiratedavid »

Must say I love the parachute cord idea and might have to find a place to stash some in mine. As an eagle scout growing up in the military I've learned to use 5-50 cord for just about anything in the outdoors lol. Looking good.
colterk

Post by colterk »

dinopiratedavid wrote:Must say I love the parachute cord idea and might have to find a place to stash some in mine. As an eagle scout growing up in the military I've learned to use 5-50 cord for just about anything in the outdoors lol. Looking good.
Yea, I'm a camper/hiker so I too have found many uses for it. LOL It's great stuff. Not totally sure where I got the idea for the steering wheel, but I think it looks good. Adds just enough texture to grip and a unique style.
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

colterk wrote:Thank you. It has been a fun learning experience. And this is only the beginning. I do wish I was more mechanically inclined to tackle things like exhaust, intake, lowering, things of that nature, but in time. I feel the Vibe is already a very unique vehicle but to leave it all stock is an injustice to it and ourselves. Modding your car, even if only aesthetics, shows off your style and personality. It's amazing how a few mods can change the look and 'vibe' of the car. It's a beautiful thing. Garage coming soon.
I'm sure you would have no problem installing an intake, especially with all the help you can find on here regarding the topic. Intakes are one of the easiest and most effective mods you can do and that's why they're a first mod for many people. It's a great place to start ;)!

I couldn't agree more about modding! I will never have a vehicle that I don't do at least some minor mods to. I've got to make it truly mine.

Looking forward to your Garage and more progress pictures :)!
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote: I couldn't agree more about modding! I will never have a vehicle that I don't do at least some minor mods to. I've got to make it truly mine.
:)!
I've loved my other two vehicles, very sentimental, but the vibe was the first one that I bought and that is ALL mine, you know so I feel I owe it to myself to make it mine. Intake is on my list. Do you think intake would be more beneficial first over exhaust? Sounds dumb, I know the answer, just curious on opinion.

Another note, and i did post this in the photo thread but I went out today (day off) and just drive around, found a cool spot where hang gliders park their cars near a local glide spot and came out with this. Quite proud.

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

colterk wrote:I've loved my other two vehicles, very sentimental, but the vibe was the first one that I bought and that is ALL mine, you know so I feel I owe it to myself to make it mine. Intake is on my list. Do you think intake would be more beneficial first over exhaust? Sounds dumb, I know the answer, just curious on opinion.
I totally get what you're saying about loving your vehicles. My parents and I are the same way. We get very sentimentally attached to our vehicles.

I would recommend doing an intake first. Both our Vibes have intakes on them and I don't plan on doing anything with the exhausts. I prefer the more subdued sound the intake alone provides. I've had previous vehicles with exhausts and they ended up being way too loud and annoying for my liking. I also don't think an exhaust provides enough horsepower gains to be worth the $400.00+. Just my $.02 though.
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
I would recommend doing an intake first. Both our Vibes have intakes on them and I don't plan on doing anything with the exhausts. I prefer the more subdued sound the intake alone provides. I've had previous vehicles with exhausts and they ended up being way too loud and annoying for my liking. I also don't think an exhaust provides enough horsepower gains to be worth the $400.00+. Just my $.02 though.
Any noticeable increase in MPG per chance with the intake?
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

colterk wrote:Any noticeable increase in MPG per chance with the intake?
Yes, We have seen a steady 1-2 mpg increase on both our 2009 GTs. This was after the initial period of wanting to stomp on the gas pedal to hear the new, more aggressive sound of the engine though :).
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
colterk wrote:Any noticeable increase in MPG per chance with the intake?
Yes, We have seen a steady 1-2 mpg increase on both our 2009 GTs. This was after the initial period of wanting to stomp on the gas pedal to hear the new, more aggressive sound of the engine though :).

I've been talking to one of the 'newer' members or at least newer than myself that has an Injen cai for sale. I asked what model it was (sp, rd, is) to see about making an offer. If I get a good deal I may just be adding cai to mods list =)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

colterk wrote:I've been talking to one of the 'newer' members or at least newer than myself that has an Injen cai for sale. I asked what model it was (sp, rd, is) to see about making an offer. If I get a good deal I may just be adding cai to mods list =)
If you have the chance, definitely get it ;)!
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote: If you have the chance, definitely get it ;)!
The intake he has is : Part number RD7025P. Seems legit. Good price too. Upon further research though, it has been very mixed as to whether it will increase mpg and many people say it will decrease it. Just weird, lol
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

colterk wrote:
J_TO_ENVY wrote: If you have the chance, definitely get it ;)!
The intake he has is : Part number RD7025P. Seems legit. Good price too. Upon further research though, it has been very mixed as to whether it will increase mpg and many people say it will decrease it. Just weird, lol
I think it all depends on how much you like the new engine sounds :D
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
colterk

Post by colterk »

MrHatchWagon wrote:
I think it all depends on how much you like the new engine sounds :D

I'm pretty positive it is something I would definitely enjoy, without a doubt, but of it decreased my mpg (averaging 29) I wouldn't be too stoked on it.
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

colterk wrote:
MrHatchWagon wrote:I think it all depends on how much you like the new engine sounds :D
I'm pretty positive it is something I would definitely enjoy, without a doubt, but of it decreased my mpg (averaging 29) I wouldn't be too stoked on it.
If you install an intake and then stomp on the gas pedal every chance you get just to hear the cool new sound of the intake, then yes, it will decrease your mileage. However, if you continue to drive conservatively i.e. keeping RPMs under 3000 when accelerating, etc. you will see an increase in your mileage. It may only be 1-2 mpg, but you will most definitely see an increase.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

FYI, I just nominated your Vibe for May 2012 Vibe of the Month ;)!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:FYI, I just nominated your Vibe for May 2012 Vibe of the Month ;)!

Congratulations colterk!
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
colterk wrote:
MrHatchWagon wrote:I think it all depends on how much you like the new engine sounds :D
If you install an intake and then stomp on the gas pedal every chance you get just to hear the cool new sound of the intake, then yes, it will decrease your mileage. However, if you continue to drive conservatively i.e. keeping RPMs under 3000 when accelerating, etc. you will see an increase in your mileage. It may only be 1-2 mpg, but you will most definitely see an increase.
After the initial week or so I'm sure I will go back to conservative driving.
J_TO_ENVY wrote:FYI, I just nominated your Vibe for May 2012 Vibe of the Month ;)!
Oh my goodness, that is way to rad, thank you so much. Really means alot to me!
Led Powered Since '87
colterk

Post by colterk »

KITT222 wrote:

Congratulations colterk!

Thanks KITT, means alot to me.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

colterk wrote:After the initial week or so I'm sure I will go back to conservative driving.

Yeah. After a while the "thrill" of the new sound kind of wears off and you realize that even when you accelerate normally the sound is still there, your driving habits will return to normal ;).

You're very welcome! Very well deserved nomination in my opinion :)!

*EDIT* I also nominated you for June 2012 Member of the Month ;)!
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
colterk wrote:After the initial week or so I'm sure I will go back to conservative driving.

Yeah. After a while the "thrill" of the new sound kind of wears off and you realize that even when you accelerate normally the sound is still there, your driving habits will return to normal ;).

You're very welcome! Very well deserved nomination in my opinion :)!

*EDIT* I also nominated you for June 2012 Member of the Month ;)!

That's what I'm hoping. I'm sure I'll love it. Thanks for talking me into it lol.

Andwow, you are killing. Vibe and member nods, thank you so much, seriously.
Led Powered Since '87
colterk

Post by colterk »

So I installed my "vibe" third brake light cover, finally had someone to push my brakes tonight, only to find out the bulbs burned out. As is one reverse light and my fog lights, GAH. Guess what I'm doing on my day off. lol
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

colterk wrote:That's what I'm hoping. I'm sure I'll love it. Thanks for talking me into it lol.

Andwow, you are killing. Vibe and member nods, thank you so much, seriously.
You're welcome on both accounts :D!

I see you added some "to do" mods to the original post! Can't wait to see updates! Have fun replacing your bulbs today :P!
colterk

Post by colterk »

Bulb replacement went well, thank you.

Here is a shot of the new cover and pontiac inlay. =)

Led Powered Since '87
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

colterk wrote:Bulb replacement went well, thank you.

Very nice! Has anyone ever gotten a custom one with genvibe.com written?

I wish they would include descriptions on what color is actually in the pictures.
Also, what vibe do you have? I'm not seeing it mentioned in the first post or your sig.
Lastly, did you get the inside VIBE or the outside one?
2003 Pontiac Vibe. AWD, Shadow, Monotone. Moons & Tunes. 16" Konig Zero-In wheels. (My Garage)
colterk

Post by colterk »

Vaggeto wrote:
colterk wrote:Bulb replacement went well, thank you.

Very nice! Has anyone ever gotten a custom one with genvibe.com written?

I wish they would include descriptions on what color is actually in the pictures.
Also, what vibe do you have? I'm not seeing it mentioned in the first post or your sig.
Lastly, did you get the inside VIBE or the outside one?
-Not sure if anyone has gotten that, could be cool, if it would fit. might not be too legible in such a small space.
-Most of the colors you can tell if you look at the corresponding color list. Just go with a color you like though. =)
-I have an 08 base salsa red. I would have loved dark blue or black, my other ride was essentially this same color so a change would have been nice. and the dk blue / black vibes i think look fresh as heck. But I didn't buy new and got a good deal so w/e.
-Definitely got the inside one. Wanted a clean look to it. Wasn't difficult to do. There was a good write up in one of the threads here on installation, helped 100% better than the directions they sent.
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Looking good! Can't wait for even more progress pictures :D!
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

May have to get one of those 3rd taillight covers!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

star_deceiver wrote:May have to get one of those 3rd taillight covers!
They don't make them for the 2009-2010 Vibes :(.
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:Looking good! Can't wait for even more progress pictures :D!
All in time. They are coming. =)
J_TO_ENVY wrote:Looking good! Can't wait for even more progress pictures :D!
They really do add a unique style, cheap and easy too.
Led Powered Since '87
colterk

Post by colterk »

Lowering springs are in, CAI should be here tomorrow. Will be a while before either of these get done. Work's been a little crazy to say the least, but excited nonetheless. What are your guys' thoughts on a black under window spoiler?!
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

colterk wrote:Lowering springs are in, CAI should be here tomorrow. Will be a while before either of these get done. Work's been a little crazy to say the least, but excited nonetheless. What are your guys' thoughts on a black under window spoiler?!
Woo hoo! Can't wait to see updated pictures when you get the springs and CAI installed! I bet it's going to be hard being busy and not being able to install the new stuff right away :P! I know it would be for me.

I'm personally not a fan of the mid-gate spoilers on the 1st gen Vibes. I think the top spoilers alone look better. The top spoilers on the 1st gens remind me of the spoilers on the 2nd gen GTs. Ultimately it's your Vibe though and whatever you like ;).
colterk

Post by colterk »

J_TO_ENVY wrote: I'm personally not a fan of the mid-gate spoilers on the 1st gen Vibes. I think the top spoilers alone look better. The top spoilers on the 1st gens remind me of the spoilers on the 2nd gen GTs. Ultimately it's your Vibe though and whatever you like ;).

I guess I'm more considered with it being two tone. The spoiler would be abyss, not sure if it would work or not. Intake and springs are still in their boxes, =/ no time at all. I did get the new filter and exhasut tip in tho. Mud guards are today.
Led Powered Since '87
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Did you install custom lower grills? or just paint them? Here's what mine look like. I just painted them. 2006 same colour !
grill1.jpg
grill1.jpg (30.57 KiB) Viewed 11931 times
colterk

Post by colterk »

Doug14 wrote:Did you install custom lower grills? or just paint them? Here's what mine look like. I just painted them. 2006 same colour !
grill1.jpg
they are chrome inserts. yours look great. it really adds something nice to the front end.
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

^ Good to see you posting again ;)!
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Thanks! Yeah yours looks too good to be just paint haha, Love the rest of what you've done too