My New Vibe & Intro

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bajadock

My New Vibe & Intro

Post by bajadock »

Cheers from Baja.Purchased my first Vibe last Friday and very happy with the performance and value. Only downside is the dark blue("Neptune") color that will show every speck of dirt, here in the rural hills, south of Ensenada, Mexico.I've been hanging here, 2 hours south of San Diego, since my 2006 move from Denver with my '89 Jeep Cherokee "Classic". 2004 Vibe, 1.8L, 90K miles, moonroof, very clean ext/int and nice CarFax documentation. Spare, tools, other in trunk look like they have never been touched. Thanks to other "vibrators" out there who have contributed to this forum. Will jump in as I learn and experience more. First long road trip is planned for the 1,000 mile trek south to Cabo San Lucas.
Ensenada Gringo
ligion

Post by ligion »

welcome! It looks great! What's in Baja that made you want to move???
bajadock

Post by bajadock »

Thanks, ligion. Climate here is perfect for me, coast is full of fun, culture is amazing and chicas are beautiful. The photos are from my house view east and north on Ensenada bay. Add international food choices and a wine valley with over 60 wineries and you have a little paradise.If you get your Mexico news via mainstream media and believe it, you will never visit. Keeps the fun for fewer of us. oops, forgot to mention <$3USD/gallon gasoline. fyi, nearly bought a Vibe in Sarasota last Friday, but, this one was better. CHEERS
Ensenada Gringo
KITT222

Re: (bajadock)

Post by KITT222 »

Welcome welcome! That's a great looking Vibe.
journeyforce

Post by journeyforce »

Welcome aboard. Are there many Vibes in Mexico? I know the Toyota Matrix was not sold in Mexico until 2009 but I was not sure if the Vibe ever made it down there. You should get a lot of enjoyment out of the Vibe and simply go to your nearest Toyota dealer for engine parts (while I know the Matrix was not sold there until 2009, the engine of the 2004 Corolla is the same as the Vibe's so when you go into the dealer, use the 2004 Corolla as the template.Again welcome to the forum
vibenvy

Re: (journeyforce)

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! That's a darn nice looking Vibe you've got there and an even nicer looking view !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
bajadock

Post by bajadock »

Thanks KITT and JF. Have not seen too many Vibes here. Bought mine in East L.A. Just saw service manual thread and hope to find one of those in near future.My mechanic races and wins his class regularly in Baja 1000, 500, 250 and other races. Gotta be a resourceful mechanic in those brutal environments. Just getting through the owner's manual to understand instruments, functions. New(to me) vehicles are so much fun. My Vibe is like a new girlfriend.
Ensenada Gringo
zaxellord

Post by zaxellord »

Hi and Welcome. Beautiful car. I think that blue suits the Vibe perfectly.
bajadock

Post by bajadock »

Thx JtoE and Zax'. Howdy to Cle-town, Zax. Cleveland St. Joseph H.S. class of '72. Willowick was my 'hood. Enjoying my afternoon reading of maintenance, exterior add-ons, etc. here on genvibe. You are all fortunate to have quality posters.
Ensenada Gringo