2003 GT Vibe to Vibe with auto swap

Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming
snesar

2003 GT Vibe to Vibe with auto swap

Post by snesar »

Hello,My wife injured her knee Feb this year during skiing. Turns out as the weather gets colder, she feels pain again driving the GT 6 speed.The car is literally solid with 110K miles. Bought it from first owner (friend in Tacoma WA), and has been trouble free. Everything on the vehicle works & performs, nothing needs to be fixed. Few minor upgrades:- 17" nice after market rims (Falken Zexius 215/50 rubber)- 1.2" lowered on Tein H-tech (OEM springs available)- 2.25" custom catback exhaust (magnaflow SS resonator & muffler, nice SS tip)- Upgraded sound system (Alpine speakers & Pioneer HU with USB/ipod)- Progressive RSB (OEM available)- SRI (ebay tube, K&N filter, OEM intake available)- Plexiglass fog light protectorsDont want to go thru the hasstle of selling this and then finding another one in decent condition. Best car I've owned, love the design & practicality. Personally, I will never part with 6 speed, but wife dont want to drive this now. So exploring the possibility of a swap with auto, so my wife can continue enjoying. If you have an auto and interested in taking a look at this one, have any questions, or need more pics, let me know. Some pics at:http://cid-1bea6bb9c77aa509.sk...?uc=4
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Find yourself a Toyota Matrix XRS with a 6 speed auto - only way to do a conversion.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
snesar

Post by snesar »

I dont know if I didnt word it clearly, but I dont want to do a transmission swap. I'm looking to swap the car, even if its 4 speed auto Vibe with similar or close miles
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

id love to do a tranny swap with you but i don't think i have the money for that. but if you really want to keep your car and are willing to pay for the swap or whatever I'm willing to participate. i have 04 base (4speed Auto FWD)
snesar

Post by snesar »

Hi B14K_H4WK,Actually I do not want to do a tranny swap. I think its best to swap the vehicles rather than the tranny itself (additional cost, after performance subject to the quality of work etc.). Also, I see that you are in OH which is way to far from west. Otherwise, we could explore more options
Kamikaze

Re: 2003 GT Vibe to Vibe with auto swap (snesar)

Post by Kamikaze »

Dang, If I was closer in milage, and your's was silver... I'd swap cars in a hearbeat, (i just can't justify getting rid of mine with only 39k miles). The only thing I'd really want to swap between the cars are my wheels and my leather interior (GM body kit would not be included (already taken off for winter) I'd love to have a 6spd and the 2zz motor. good luck, I'm sure there is someone out there that would be interested in trading cars.
lunarcrusader

Post by lunarcrusader »

damn i want ur vibe haha i have a auto :]
LoL I <3 some of you Genvibers :] wish I could meet ya
snesar

Post by snesar »

Hello lunacrusader,I see that you are within drivable distance. Can you provide me some specifics of your car (miles, color, what you have done to the car) and some link to the recent pics. You can send me an IM if you prefer.Thanks
lunarcrusader

Post by lunarcrusader »

ill pm you on matrixowners
LoL I <3 some of you Genvibers :] wish I could meet ya
MSAGRO

Post by MSAGRO »

Shoot, Im only about 4 miles from you also.Ahh, 6-speed how sweet. I would trade you in a sec, but MY Girlfriend can't drive a stick.Maybe you could 'sour grape' it and say you didn't like Fusion Orange anyhow.Man I would of loved to get my hands on that very nice GT of yours.
snesar

Re: 2003 GT Vibe to Vibe with auto swap (MSAGRO)

Post by snesar »

Actually, I'm not being picky about the color right now, yours will work fine May be its a good opportunity to teach your GL to drive stick shift. I promise once she gets handle on it, she will never go back. And you both can enjoy driving rather than only her...Talk to her and see what she says. How many miles do you have on yours?
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

When gas prices were sky high a year and a half ago (roughly), I briefly considered doing the same thing and offering my GT up for trade for a comparable 5-speed 1zz or an AWD. in the end, though, I couldn't part with it and I just learned to drive a little more sensibly G/L with the trade, I'm sure someone will jump all over this. MSAGRO - your engine bay is insanely clean. Where do you find the time?
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
MSAGRO

Post by MSAGRO »

Hiya sne,She's got about 62k on her.Oh I tried to teach her to drive a stick. I actually bought a 99 Camry LE with a very sweet 5-speed to teach her.Went all the way out to 181st and Sandy Boulevard where there was a huge expanse of flat concrete. You may know the area, has a huge "Firestone" sign you can see from I-84.She got though the motions with relative ease, but once she got on real roads with real drivers and that dreaded 'slight incline' with a car behind her, she froze up.The very last time she was in the car we were at 45th and SW Vermont and she was behind the wheel at a stoplight on a hill with a 30 degree angle.When the light turned green, she 'burned' the clutch and spun the tires for about 10 seconds, but eventually got forward.I said "What did you do that for??"Her reply (straight faced mind you) was "I didn't want to attract any attention. LOL We have been together for over 17 years.The next day I sold the Camry, and slush boxes has been in family ever since
MSAGRO

Re: 2003 GT Vibe to Vibe with auto swap (bodhi_tree777)

Post by MSAGRO »

HIya bodhi,Thanks for the complement on the engine bay.It always looks like this.Here's what I do. No matter how dirty the engine bay is, the results are fantastic, and I recommend anyone to do this easy thing.Go to a self serve car wash, one that has a good strong sprayerFirst get some Gunk Foamy engine cleaner and spray the bay, wait about 10 minutes for the stuff to work.Hit the engine bay with the sprayer and remove foam and grime, it really works nice.I have never, repeat, never have protected the alternator and other electricals when spraying. Just don't aim the nozzle directly at those parts. I have never had a problem.The next and last step is the most critical and mind blowing:After you get home, spray the entire engine bay with "No Touch Tire Shine" Let it soak in for about a half hour and towel the excess off. You would swear the car just came off the showroom.I did this to a black GT that I sold last month, and it really made a difference. The woman who bought the car kept staring at it:Try it and post a picture, you will be glad you did.
snesar

Re: 2003 GT Vibe to Vibe with auto swap (bodhi_tree777)

Post by snesar »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »When gas prices were sky high a year and a half ago (roughly), I briefly considered doing the same thing and offering my GT up for trade for a comparable 5-speed 1zz or an AWD. in the end, though, I couldn't part with it and I just learned to drive a little more sensibly G/L with the trade, I'm sure someone will jump all over this. MSAGRO - your engine bay is insanely clean. Where do you find the time? I find that the gas consumption of GT can be very close to auto, if you drive it like you would an auto... When I'm in mood for spirited driving, I dont find spending $5/tank more, but like the fact that I dont have to pay that penalty all the time...
snesar

Post by snesar »

bump - opportunity still there...
MSAGRO

Post by MSAGRO »

http://portland.craigslist.org....htmlsnesar, this your Vibe? Good luck selling. It looks great and you have it at a very reasonable price.! Let us know how you fared.
snesar

Post by snesar »

Yes, it is the one. You keep pretty close eye on the ones selling in teh area :-)I think that the price is very good and I havnt added anythings for the mods.
MSAGRO

Post by MSAGRO »

Yeah, I'm looking for an 2010 Ignition Orange GT