2003 Vibe hard shift when warm 1st-2nd

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
lance1472

2003 Vibe hard shift when warm 1st-2nd

Post by lance1472 »

I purchased my 2003 Vibe Base model w/ automatic transmission. It has 140,000km on the dash. the car drove great for about 2 days then it started over revving from 1st into 2nd gear and bucking when shifting. I found if I press the gas harder then its over revving, the car wont buck but will shift (it does not give me extra power). Sometimes when the car bucks during shifting while turning, the tires will screech.After I bought the car, I did a full tune up including Spark plugs, PCV valve, drive belt, air filter, carbon flush, engine oil change and transmission drop, changing the filter and gasket as well.This did not help with the shifting problem, so I changed the transmission oil once again (drain and fill), adding some Lucas Trans Fix. The first time I changed the oil it smelt very burnt and the second time the burnt smell was still present but not as much. I have used T-IV fluid Toyota brand for each change.just to add the car revs high when cold and idle, but RPMs drop after warmed (which I believe is normal from other posts I've read) The car only shifts bad when its warmed up. and only from 1st to 2nd gear. I have no CEL lights, no codes in the history.Any help would be appreciated, as even my mechanic doesnt believe anything is wrong with transmissionAny advice would be appreciated,