What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
csxt8058

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »Thx guys! I need some grafxwerks now! I'm looking into new interior novelty lighting. I don't wanna say a whole lot because I kinda wanna keep it under wraps and then.. TADAAAA! Hey nick, notice anything else under the hood?I'd recommend black or white Grafxwerks overlays on the engine cover JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
Houston

Re: What I did today

Post by Houston »

Left the headlights on all day in a parking lot. Returned to a completely dead battery. Called AAA and the guy was there to jump-start it before I even finished my cigarette. I was astonished to see him arrive so quickly and asked how he did it. Turns out he was at his house only two blocks away. We should all be so lucky.Edit: Question: With a dead battery (no lights, clock, etc.), how did the radio stay programmed?
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Got it inspected.Did the "bounce test" on it. The back right side hissed at me the first time I did it, but didn't do it again later in the day when I tried to show my mom. I think it's trying to trick me!
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

So warm out in michigN today I could not pass up the chance to do a quick detail of the exterior, And engine bay. Vacuum the interior and wipe everything down. Recheck my lug torque, because I replaced about a dozen damaged nuts a few days ago. Tomorrow I will have to get my touch up paint and cover one spot to keep it from rusting until it gets fixed after winter.
trb

Post by trb »

I bought three 17" wheels for my son's 06 Vibe! Now I have to find a 4th one at a good price and then I can transfer over the tires from my Mustang to his car. They should last him a couple more years.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Got new tires installed.
TONY TAT2

Re: (09vGT)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

We got hit with about a 1/8 in of snow Wed night .That resulted in about a 1/2 inch of road salt spread over the roads. Some spots the salt is clumped so bad it's like diven over a speed bump. I had to take a main route to Target ,then the Home Depot fri morning & it was like driven thru a dust storm. So i covered my Vibe with salt
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
dustie

Re: (TONY TAT2)

Post by dustie »

68 Degrees today, drove with all the windows down and made sure to park next to the show off with the lime green lambo taking two spots. (I fit in the other half of one his spots just to (removed) him off)
TONY TAT2

Re: (dustie)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Wonder if it was Joe Smoes give away lambo,that was lime green.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

(removed).....that will fix em....
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
trb

Post by trb »

LOL! At least you don't have to worry about door dings from a Lambo! There have been a few times I've wanted to park next to someone that parked like that in two spaces, but I've always been in a car that I did not want to get damaged either. I try to park on an end spot, all the way over in the space, to give the person next to me twice as much room to get out. But there have been a few times the idiot has parked OVER THE LINE and in my space too! GRRRRRRRRR!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
KITT222

Re: (trb)

Post by KITT222 »

I must be lucky. There are just a handful of instances where I've seen someone way over the line, and snow WASN'T on the ground (when it snows you just park straight. During the day the snow melts and it ends up everyone around you is on the lines). I actually left a note on the window of a giant Ford excursion that parked in FOUR space at my high school. My dad though is a master parker. He can get his giant truck into almost any space perfectly. I commonly back into space and end up in them perfectly too. Other times when it's a cramped lot I get my Vibe between the lines, but I'm slightly crooked. The way I see it, if you're in the lines you're good.
vibenvy

Re: (KITT222)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by dustie »made sure to park next to the show off with the lime green lambo taking two spots. (I fit in the other half of one his spots just to (removed) him off)(removed) !Quote, originally posted by trb »I try to park on an end spot, all the way over in the space, to give the person next to me twice as much room to get out.Same here !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Put the spare on. I can't believe I did it by myself.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Put the spare on. I can't believe I did it by myself.Congratulations on putting the spare on on your own Ethan ! When I had my incident almost 2 years ago, it was the first time I had ever had a flat and had to change it on my own. I was so proud of myself that I did it and in only about 15 minutes. That was the boost I needed to do more maintenance on the Vibe myself, like rotating the tires.
06pvibe

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by 06pvibe »

Which reminds me (and thanks for that!); After the incident w/the flat tire on the Vibe last week and a low mini-spare, I need to check my own spare in the Mazda today... before it rains!! I better go do that RIGHT NOW before I forget again.*edit* Yup! After 8 yrs of almost total neglect it had 10 psi left in it, which is a little worse than the Vibe. 18psi after it had been driven on for 16 miles (hot.) 'Guess I'd better start making a spare tire check part of the regular regiment.The weird thing is that when I first took it out, it felt hard as a rock? Only checking it with the gauge told me it was that low.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
VforVIBE

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »On a bit of a side note, would you be able to post an engine bay picture with your Red Top battery? I would like to see what it looks like before I get ours. I am debating whether to leave them red or paint them black. Thanks in advance.I suppose to get that for you forever ago wasn't I?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Installed the rear left speaker with the Polk DB651 & sound dampening to finish the job. Now I have Polks all around. Wow !....sounds way better than stock & a bit quieter too. Next will be to dampen the front doors after I fix my power locks...
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Put the spare on. I can't believe I did it by myself. This made me remember that the spare doesn't take mag lug nuts like my alloys do, so I tossed some acorn lug nuts into my trunk just in case.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Got the flat fixed... again... lets hope it holds up this time.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I forgot to say that about 150 miles ago (right after the first of the year) my car is off the 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty... in just over two years of ownership, not bad!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

became victim of a hit and run
06pvibe

Re: (rAERRK)

Post by 06pvibe »

Oh! MAN!!! That's a MOD you didn't bargain for, I'm sure. I'd be pissed!!Were you in the car, or was it parked and you found it that way?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
rAERRK

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Oh! MAN!!! That's a MOD you didn't bargain for, I'm sure. I'd be pissed!!Were you in the car, or was it parked and you found it that way? i'm not too worried about it. to me the worst part is the fact that i had just clayed and waxed the car about a week ago it happened while moving in broad daylight through heavy traffic. no idea how they thought they could get away with it.
dustie

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by dustie »

Gave the vibe some new sunglasses for this intense desert sun..

Attached files
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Which reminds me (and thanks for that!); After the incident w/the flat tire on the Vibe last week and a low mini-spare, I need to check my own spare in the Mazda today... before it rains!! I better go do that RIGHT NOW before I forget again.*edit* Yup! After 8 yrs of almost total neglect it had 10 psi left in it, which is a little worse than the Vibe. 18psi after it had been driven on for 16 miles (hot.) 'Guess I'd better start making a spare tire check part of the regular regiment.The weird thing is that when I first took it out, it felt hard as a rock? Only checking it with the gauge told me it was that low.That is exactly why whenever I check the tires, I check the spare too. It's kind of a PITA to get it out and check it, but at least I know if I need it, it won't be too low.Definitely a good thing to check at least once a month .Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »I suppose to get that for you forever ago wasn't I? Yeah, but no big deal . Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm thinking I'll probably just leave them red. We'll see when I actually get them and put them in though.Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Got the flat fixed... again... lets hope it holds up this time.*Fingers crossed*Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I forgot to say that about 150 miles ago (right after the first of the year) my car is off the 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty... in just over two years of ownership, not bad! Congratulations I guess !Both our Vibes will hit the 3 years in April and May respectively. They both currently have 28,xxx miles.Quote, originally posted by rAERRK »became victim of a hit and run Sorry to hear and see that .I need to call the dealer this week because there's a clunking sound coming from the rear passenger side and I'm thinking it's either a bad strut mount or bad strut .
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Did the fog light mod, pulled my Oil Catch can out because it's still leaking and checked on the the sun roof soft stop mod. Oh shoot I don't have a Vibe....never mind
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

All four door panels taken off and put back on with an apple eaten between the front and rears in 2 hours. I'm trying a rather interesting idea to sound insulation: flashing tape. Already the bass from my forward speakers is more intense, but I won't know more until I get out on the roads and driving. I also checked on my slow drivers window, and it appears the regulators days are numbered. At least it isn't a loose bolt occasionally rattling in my door.
dustie

Post by dustie »

why not get sound matting? they have both the padding and roll on stuff.. its not terribly expensive...
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by dustie »why not get sound matting? they have both the padding and roll on stuff.. its not terribly expensive...Less than $13 and my sense of "why not" told me to give this a try. And an experiment is an experiment. I like trying unconventional things. That and traditional sound matting will come when I'm more willing to put the money into it. After all, I'm only 17
dustie

Post by dustie »

Gotcha. Ive never used the roll on stuff so I dont know about that.. But I know the matting works well.. Let me know about the tape..
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

New cabin air filter for $11.57 from NAPA, and then NAPA windshield wipers. Windshield wipers always make me look stupid when I'm trying to get them off of my car I got asked if I wanted help.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by dustie »Gotcha. Ive never used the roll on stuff so I dont know about that.. But I know the matting works well.. Let me know about the tape.. The flashing tape works okay. It is only in the doors, so not too much road noise is being blocked. Speakers sound better though.
DressedInBlack

Re: (lannvouivre)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by lannvouivre »New cabin air filter for $11.57 from NAPA, and then NAPA windshield wipers. Windshield wipers always make me look stupid when I'm trying to get them off of my car I got asked if I wanted help.it's a movement i have yet to figure out as well. i can change a tire while blindfolded but i always have trouble with changing windshield wipers.
http://
streblo

Post by streblo »

Stared at it sitting parking in the garage for the winter, so then i went out and picked up a kenwood double din deck, jbl speakers and an alpine amp. Waiting on the rear view camera to wire into the deck to come in. now just waiting for the cai to come in so i can start putting that in as well .......The nice thing about having a winter beater is the vibe gets all sorts of loving in the garage in the winter!
2003 GT - 80k - K&N SRI - Painted & Machined Rims - Kenwood System - Lowered - June 2012 VOTM
Garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38793
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

I changed the starter today. The old one only made click sound.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
dustie

Re: (petervivian)

Post by dustie »

Here's a better shot of the lights for you guys
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Had a lot of road salt on it from a week back,so I washed her up when i got home from work around 8AM & hosed down the undercarriage. Temps were in the high 30's,wind gusts about 25 MPH,my hands are kinda frozen tho.Car looks decent now
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

it got washed, waxed, and admired by me. also, i have a friend doing a custom install of my scangauge ii into that slot below the radio. should be done by next wednesday. i will post pics!
http://
csxt8058

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by csxt8058 »

Went and had another railroad item put on the Vibe...very subtle, but pretty cool I think. Pics in my garage later. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

http://i1212.photobucket.com/a...n.jpgh ... .jpgWashed and waxed the front end and the car bra. Oh, and cleaned the windows and interior...still need to vacuum. I didn't get to wash the rest of the car because I still don't have a clay bar...
NeptuneRetrograde

Post by NeptuneRetrograde »

Washed both '06 Vibes. New engine air filter for the Neptune. Mobile 1 oil change and MAF cleaning on the Stealth.
jayman2009

Post by jayman2009 »

I got some snow tires put on my car. well all season ones. My moms driveing my car tell i get her new one done and she dident feal safe with the tires on it.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I bought a heated steering wheel cover. I hate the feel of it, so I'll only use it to warm up the wheel, then I'll take it off. I prefer to feel the wheel itself, rather than steer through gloves.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

A balmy -21C out there... snowing... No steering wheel cover or gloves though, it's not that cold yet!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Put new rotors on with my boss's help. I'm still not strong enough to get anything off that was tightened with the pneumatic wrench Also had to have help to beat the old rotors into submission, and it took me showing him the service manual to get him to believe me that they were corroded on.
star_deceiver

Re: (lannvouivre)

Post by star_deceiver »

Cold start... no block heater: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTHRqjIZ9Zc
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
skimask

Post by skimask »

I'll be hitting that tomorrow night. Forecast is calling for -19F (-28.3C) tonight and -15F tomorrow night, likely colder in the valley where I live. Difference is, I just installed the block heater this afternoon, after an hour of searching for the hole and another hour of scraping the hell out of my hand trying to get it in. Not fun, but at least in the case of the 1ZZ, you don't have to pop a freeze plug and puke antifreeze all over the place to get the job done.Also this morning...-Changed the oil over to Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic.-Swapped out the plugs, original plugs, had 93K miles on them, still looked new, but changed them anyways.-Changed the air filter, PCV valve.-Cleaned and re-cleaned the MAF (hot wire and bulb this time!).-Popped the DBW throttle body assembly off to inspect the back of the "throttle plates" for possible cleaning. None needed. Squeaky clean.-Inspected the brakes. Good here.-Changed tranny fluid/filter. Nothing wrong with the old stuff, but couldn't hurt.-Was going to flush and fill the coolant, but I'll wait until spring. The stuff in there tested good at -45F.-Changed out the serpentine belt. Nothing wrong with the old one, kept it for a spare.-Inspected the motor mounts for possible breakage and/or being too tight and contributing to my idle vibration. They seemed good compared to other vehicles I've worked on. Maybe this is a different beast.Had the battery disconnected the whole time, reconnected and took it out for an hour drive around town. ZERO change in the idle vibration in gear...and I've got numbers to back it up, numbers as in "3 axis accelerometer 2,000 samples per second strapped to the top of the intake cover" readings, not just seat of the pants "well I cleaned the MAF and it felt smoother" comments. But that's another thread I'll be working on later after I sift thru more data.
cq358

Re: (skimask)

Post by cq358 »

Someone From Minot?
skimask

Post by skimask »

Someone here is...-17F here at the house, calling for -24F.I'll probably hit -30F out here south/east of town in the valley.