What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
09vGT

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Boxing day sale!!! A decent upgrade over my old Whistler 1734! I HAVE THE SAME ONE! Make sure its turned up, or you'll get a ticket. I know from experience.
vibenvy

Re: (09vGT)

Post by vibenvy »

I just went on an uber shopping spree for the Vibes...From the Mother's eStore: Mother's Ultimate Wax System Steps 1 & 2, Mother's Tire & Rubber Cleaner and Mother's Reflections Advanced Tire CareFrom Treadstone Performance: 2 3" honeycomb MAF mass air meter airflow straightenersFrom eBay: 2 AEM Brute Force Dryflow air filters and 2 AEM Dryflow air filter wrapsNow the hard part begins... waiting...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I ordered new LED lights for my lower lights (in the grille). Mine are going out. I wonder what else I should get?
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »I HAVE THE SAME ONE! Make sure its turned up, or you'll get a ticket. I know from experience. Volume's up nicely, automute is off, X band is off. I wouldn't have bothered getting this but the sale was too good to pass up... and I got the last one, too!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Put my Weathertech cargo mat in the Vibe. Perfect fit and looks good. It was a Christmas gift for the Vibe, got another in the works, should have it done sometime this week. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

i added my christmas presents-a u-haul hitch+wiring kit (installed), and an allen hitch-mounted 3 bike rack. tomorrow it gets a much needed bath before driving back to my side of the mitten.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
tpollauf

Re: (csxt8058)

Post by tpollauf »

I take it you do not have the subwoofer in the back I really like the weathertech mats BUT they don't make any to fit the 09-10 Vibe GT's due to the subwoofer being there.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
csxt8058

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I take it you do not have the subwoofer in the back I really like the weathertech mats BUT they don't make any to fit the 09-10 Vibe GT's due to the subwoofer being there.I didn't realize the Vibe GT had a factory 'subwoofer', as I've not seen the inside rear of one. I know mine has nothing like that. JR

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by csxt8058 »Put my Weathertech cargo mat in the Vibe. Perfect fit and looks good. It was a Christmas gift for the Vibe, got another in the works, should have it done sometime this week.I didn't realize the Vibe GT had a factory 'subwoofer', as I've not seen the inside rear of one. I know mine has nothing like that.Be sure to post pictures of the WeatherTech cargo mat (or liner?). Can't wait to see what else you have in store.The GT does come with a subwoofer, as does any other 2009-2010 with the premium audio system. This is what the cargo area looks like with the subwoofer:Our 8 wheel covers arrived today! I am going to wait until this weekend to put them on though because the weather's supposed to be nice, so I am going to take advantage and detail the Vibes before putting them on.By next week all our new CAI goodies will be here and I'll finally be able to put our CAIs back on! Hopefully our mileage increases at least a little and I am curious to see what affect, if any, the airflow straighteners have.
csxt8058

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Be sure to post pictures of the WeatherTech cargo mat (or liner?). Can't wait to see what else you have in store.The GT does come with a subwoofer, as does any other 2009-2010 with the premium audio system. This is what the cargo area looks like with the subwoofer:Our 8 wheel covers arrived today! I am going to wait until this weekend to put them on though because the weather's supposed to be nice, so I am going to take advantage and detail the Vibes before putting them on.By next week all our new CAI goodies will be here and I'll finally be able to put our CAIs back on! Hopefully our mileage increases at least a little and I am curious to see what affect, if any, the airflow straighteners have.Ah ha...now I see the difference, thanks for clarifying!Pics coming soon...I just went to the auto customizing store this afternoon, they did the decal on the hood and are a really nice group of guys. They have my idea, now they just need to make it happen, should be by the weekend, I'll take a shot of mat then as well.Good luck with your goodies! JR

09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Finally got my tire patched.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Fun in the snow today!!! Enjoyed my time and sent some down south... Ethan should get it in two days
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Fun in the snow today!!! Enjoyed my time and sent some down south... Ethan should get it in two days Oh burt you didn't send it far enough! Tomorrows high is.. 62! I'll be washing the Vibe outside. I'm so excited!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I gave mine the day off. I bought it nine years ago today.
BlueCrush

Re: (joatmon)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »I gave mine the day off. I bought it nine years ago today.Nice!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
trb

Post by trb »

I won a new rear cargo cover for my 2010 on ebay! Should be here next week. I could have used it before Christmas to hide all the shopping bags, but now I'm set for the future. Also bought a 2009 Vibe dealer brochure on ebay for $6.50 shiped. Apparently Pontiac did not make any for the 2010 models, so the 09 is as close as I can get. Last weekend I touched up all of the rock chips and the couple of door dings since my touch up paint came in. Car looks a whole lot better! Hopefully I can detail it and compound out the surface scratches soon.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
CAMOGIRL

Re: (trb)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Drove it to work with the moonroof open! It was 58° outside and it felt great!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
vibenvy

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »I'll be washing the Vibe outside. I'm so excited! Supposed to get up to 47 here today, so I too will be washing both the Vibes outside !Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »Drove it to work with the moonroof open! It was 58° outside and it felt great!I've had the sunroof vented pretty much everyday this past week. Unseasonably warm weather FTW !Yesterday I won a Craftsman 154 piece mechanic's tool set at my holiday work party. Our honeycomb MAF mass air meter airflow straighteners arrived yesterday as well. As soon as the new filters and filter wraps arrive, everything will be going back on!I will be hand washing both the Vibes outside today! I will then be installing the AWD/2.4L Base wheel covers and detailing the interiors. I can't wait to get started since they are both pretty disgusting . I will of course post pictures of the new winter mode look later on as well.
ramenboy...

Re: (KITT222)

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »I ordered new LED lights for my lower lights (in the grille). Mine are going out. I wonder what else I should get?What kind did you get? Just noticed my driver side fog is out. I'm going to pick up just a stock 9006 bulb to replace quick, but looking into the LED optionCarrie, yup it's about the same here in the city, but has been clouding up. Gonna do the fog light in mom's garage, and save the wash for another day
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Yesterday I won a Craftsman 154 piece mechanic's tool set at my holiday work party.That gift couldn't have gone to a better person than you You'll put those tools to use IMMEDIATELY with all the modding and maintenance you do to your vehicles. "(removed) warmers" AKA .... heated seats, are going into juniors Vibe GT as I speak. Like you Carrie, I'll be posting a HUGE number of pics showing progress from start to finish

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »Carrie, yup it's about the same here in the city, but has been clouding up. Gonna do the fog light in mom's garage, and save the wash for another dayIt's cloudy here as well. And the temperature is only 37, but my motto has always been as long as the outdoor faucet isn't frozen, it's warm enough to hand wash the cars in the driveway, so that's what I did !Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »That gift couldn't have gone to a better person than you You'll put those tools to use IMMEDIATELY with all the modding and maintenance you do to your vehicles.Yeah, I was stoked when I opened it and saw what it was! We have a toolbox full of tools already, but it surely won't go to waste.One Vibe down... one to go...I am very impressed with the fit and finish and especially the overall look of the wheel covers. So much better than plain ugly steelies !
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

My Vibe is all washed up and the wheel covers are on, but since it's dark, I will wait and take and post pictures tomorrow. Assuming it's not snowing or raining or anything tomorrow, my mom and I are going to go out for some Vibe love pictures.
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »My Vibe is all washed up and the wheel covers are on, but since it's dark, I will wait and take and post pictures tomorrow. Assuming it's not snowing or raining or anything tomorrow, my mom and I are going to go out for some Vibe love pictures.Vibe love for the New Year JR

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by csxt8058 »Vibe love for the New Year Yep! I just hope it doesn't rain or anything so they both stay nice and clean for pictures.
KITT222

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by KITT222 »

Just some off of Ebay. They don't replace the fogs. I put them in for DRLs since I disabled mine. Here's the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-SUPE...5ababAnd some pics! These are of much better quality than my others. They also have a better light output. I like the blue tint the signs have as I pass them at night. In addition to finally putting these on the Vibe today I gave it a VERY much needed wash. Taking a dirty car 500 miles to Iowa and back (BTW its not 250 there, 250 back, it was 300 miles one way, 200 the other. I hate GPS...) She's all clean now! Carrie, those hubcaps look GREAT. Way better than one would think they would. 16s look really nice on the GT...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Carrie, those hubcaps look GREAT. Way better than one would think they would. 16s look really nice on the GT...Thanks Nick ! Yes, I was surprised at how nice they looked when I got them put on. I'm so glad I got them. The 16s don't look too bad, especially with the covers, but I still prefer the 18s .
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Just some off of Ebay. They don't replace the fogs. I put them in for DRLs since I disabled them.Ah ok. I was thinking mo like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/280707808200#vi-ilCompWnder if anyone's used those yet.The led strips look sweet!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
csxt8058

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by csxt8058 »

Went out chasing trains again with my wife. Got this shot at my favorite location for including the Vibe, as you can get close to the tracks here. These locomotives are only a few weeks out from the builder. Wanted to get more of my Vibe in the shot, but it works. JR

hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

My parts may very well be in that locomotive. We make a hundred or so locomotives a year for NS. That locomotive was probably built my first or second week in. So awesome.
csxt8058

Re: (hotbug1776)

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by hotbug1776 »My parts may very well be in that locomotive. We make a hundred or so locomotives a year for NS. That locomotive was probably built my first or second week in. So awesome. These are actually built by your competitor, ElectroMotive, although NS is predominantly GE at this point. JR

ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Washed the Vibe today and realized that it needs a lot of touchup paint. . And discovered the paint is flaking off the front roof rack cross bar. Meh, she's well over 9 now.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
VforVIBE

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by VforVIBE »

After noticing one of my day time running/ high beam lights was out I splurged with my Christmas money and got some SilverStar Ultra lights.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Quote, originally posted by csxt8058 »These are actually built by your competitor, ElectroMotive, although NS is predominantly GE at this point. JRIt's like a Chinese Greely and a Mercedes C Class, they may look the same, but, one is built to a higher standard. Just an opinion I happen to now share. :D
vibenvy

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »After noticing one of my day time running/ high beam lights was out I splurged with my Christmas money and got some SilverStar Ultra lights. Glad to see someone else on here actually shares my love of SilverStars !Have you seen anything about Sylvania's newest SilverStar bulb, the zXe? When I get my income tax refund I am going to pick up a couple pairs on eBay and give 'em a try.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Had an alignment done on Apollo!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Successfully installed heated seats in Juniors Vibe Gt. HE also installed an Ipod interface directly off the XM module. This way he can plug it in, it displays songs & title info, and lots of other features. Will post pics and other info in a separate post

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Successfully installed heated seats in Juniors Vibe Gt. Will post pics and other info in a separate post Woo hoo! Looking forward to the post and pictures!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I went out driving in the snow. Filled my quota of handbrake turns.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Glad to see someone else on here actually shares my love of SilverStars !Have you seen anything about Sylvania's newest SilverStar bulb, the zXe? When I get my income tax refund I am going to pick up a couple pairs on eBay and give 'em a try.Oh yes, I SilverStars.... I'm afraid to ask how much those are going to be, I paid $46 for the pair of mine... but so worth it, the look bright.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
vibenvy

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »Oh yes, I SilverStars.... I'm afraid to ask how much those are going to be, I paid $46 for the pair of mine... but so worth it, the look bright.I thought I was the only one on here who actually likes and uses SilverStars .The zXe bulbs retail for $59.99 at Auto Zone, etc. Sylvania was offering a $15.00 rebate on them, but I don't know whether it's still being offered or not. Just a heads up since you just bought Ultras, Sylvania is currently offering a $10.00 rebate on them .On a bit of a side note, would you be able to post an engine bay picture with your Red Top battery? I would like to see what it looks like before I get ours. I am debating whether to leave them red or paint them black. Thanks in advance.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Driving over new years...
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I got bored today and it was super nice out. I've been itching to so SOMETHING to the vibe, and have been dreaming about LEDs lately, so I settled for this, lol.It is now painfully obvious that I need to wash my engine compartment...
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Welcome to the red engine cover club. Looks even better than my paint job!
Steelies to the rescue.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

It looks good, Alicia! What kind of LEDs were you thinking about? BTW your battery hold-down is gone.I need to paint mine eventually... I wonder what color I could do.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Thx guys! I need some grafxwerks now! I'm looking into new interior novelty lighting. I don't wanna say a whole lot because I kinda wanna keep it under wraps and then.. TADAAAA! Hey nick, notice anything else under the hood?
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Other than the Vibe badge (great placement) I now know you don't have ABS
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Other than the Vibe badge (great placement) I now know you don't have ABS That would be it! Thanks for the idea, my friend! And thanks for the confirmation of no ABS, I suspected but had no idea how to tell... How CAN you tell? I'm SO glad I don't have them, they interfere with driving sanely in the snow/ice.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Ohh, now I remember. You're welcome! If you ever get under the hood of a Vibe without ABS it's easy to tell. I outlined the ABS computer and lines from Brian's Vibe:It's creepy how much I know about these cars just from a glance.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Ohh, now I remember. You're welcome! If you ever get under the hood of a Vibe without ABS it's easy to tell. I outlined the ABS computer and lines from Brian's Vibe:It's PRETTY COOL how much I know about these cars just from a glance. Oya, that's pretty obvious! Thanks!
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Fixed a flat.Wife calls me just when I'm getting ready to leave work... already later than I shoulda' been. Her car (the Vibe) is in the parkingmlot with a "low" tire. I say, OK, drive on it but be careful coming home. I'll look at it then.THEN I remembered who I was talking to and decided I'd better make the side trip to check it out for myself.Changed the tire to the mini-spare, also low on air, and took the offending tire to a local shop on the ride home.I called my Wendy and said her tire would be ready when she gets out. Why not stop and pick it up, or better yet, have them reinstall it? "What? ME? I don't have time. I don't like to do that. I' have to start dinner......"I sez, OK Dear. I'll go back and get it AND reinstall it when you get home.That was actually one of the BEST parts of my day today.Oh, and BTW: Gas went from $3.14 this morning up another 2 cents to $3.16.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM