Where to Mount Amp

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
bh357

Where to Mount Amp

Post by bh357 »

Any suggestions on a hidden spot for an amp, specifically a Rockford Fosgate P400.4, which measures 2.25 x 7.625 x 10.25.I already have an amp under the passanger seat (for the door component sets). It looks like there wouldn't be enough depth under the driver seat due to the (inverter?), but I'll have to try once I have the amp. Has anyone mounted an amp under the rear seat?The work in progress:Alpine CDE-126BT (installed)Infinity Reference 6030cs (fronts installed, rears pending spare time)Rockford Fosgate P4004 powering the componentsImage Dynamics IDQ10 (currently on a UPS truck)Rockford Fosgate P400.2 to power the sub (currently on a UPS truck)
Serj22

Re: Where to Mount Amp (bh357)

Post by Serj22 »

Ultimately, I fit this monstrosity under the rear deck, but you have to remove the plastic trim that decorates the spare, or cut a huge chunk out of it. You must also cut the support on one side or the amp will not fit underneath it, the potential for hiding the wires under there was also great, ignore the wiring in the picture because that was before I cut and trimmed the excess. Then i also brought the conenctor up top in the trunk, and made it a quick release banana plug.
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)