low $ first vibe i will get practice on this beater & get a nice one later

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
paulclassa

low $ first vibe i will get practice on this beater & get a nice one later

Post by paulclassa »

$200 tow bill i doesnt need doors only handle & parts store wanted $190 for headgasket kit & $29 for haynes manual i got this for$110 on ebay its shipped now i bought a wrecked saturn $370 & going to sell to get vibe $ back heck im figure ill have after everything a grand in a rat cruiser its a little ruff 4 me i want a nice looking car but things happen when your on unimployment you are forced to down grade well time for youtube repair vids going to dive into the inside of the engine
mac99d

Re: low $ first vibe i will get practice on this beater & get a nice one later (paulclassa)

Post by mac99d »

Good luck with your build.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMakeVibes

Re: low $ first vibe i will get practice on this beater & get a nice one later (paulclassa)

Post by IMakeVibes »

Not too sure what you're saying, but good luck with that!
Bedlam

Re: low $ first vibe i will get practice on this beater & get a nice one later (IMakeVibes)

Post by Bedlam »

Quote, originally posted by IMakeVibes »Not too sure what you're saying, but good luck with that!lol, i'm right there with ya. i couldn't follow that for the life of me.
07 1ZZ 5spd Stealth - Sold
03 1ZZ 6spd Shadow w/NAV - For Sale
06 AWD Stealth - Current
07 Magnum SRT-8 - Current
Notchy

Post by Notchy »

My head hurts trying to decode that
2009 Silver Pontiac Vibe
joatmon

Re: low $ first vibe i will get practice on this beater & get a nice one later (IMakeVibes)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by IMakeVibes »Not too sure what you're saying, but good luck with that!I could be wrong, but I thnk it meant:Quote »(As a follow up to the discussion in http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=45816 ,) I ended up having to get the car towed, for an unexpected cost of $200 that I had hoped to avoid.. I had previously thought the car would need new doors, but it just needs new door handles and perhaps some interior door parts. I bought a new head gasket and a haynes manual off ebay for about half the cost of getting those items at a local parts store. I also bought off ebay a wrecked Saturn for $370 which I hope to resell and recoup the (previously reported at $1800) cost of the Vibe . Unfortunately my financial situation precludes having a showroom quality car right now, but I estimate that when done, for a net cost of only about $1000 I will have a functional Vibe. I will be posting videos of my repair process to youtube, the first will be of the engine (I assume replacing the head gasket)
keithvibe

Re: low $ first vibe i will get practice on this beater & get a nice one later (joatmon)

Post by keithvibe »

O dear lord thank you !Didn't have the slighest clue what the OP was trying to say.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

What the wise guys were saying is:Welcome to Genvibe! There's a lot of guys that can help you with your build questions. Goodluck!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
TONY TAT2

Re: (Salsa Guy)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Iunderstoodit
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
vibenvy

Re: (TONY TAT2)

Post by vibenvy »

I sort of understood it... .As I posted in your other thread, good luck and I am looking forward to seeing progess pictures!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
zaxellord

Post by zaxellord »

I picked up the OP has bought a Saturn that he/she wants to fix up and try to sell so that he/she can use the money from the sale on the purchase of a Vibe. Not only will he/she need luck trying to fix up the Saturn, but selling it as well.
paulclassa

Re: low $ first vibe i will get practice on this beater & get a nice one later (keithvibe)

Post by paulclassa »

Thanks I'm learning Broke off bolt on camshaft cap after getting head done had to take it back only to have machinist cuss me out ( inch pounds man ) not foot pounds I'm moving forward , bought a used timing chain cover at bone yard $50 pin hole by water pump awaiting for 2nd head gasket & bolts $ & paying another month $150 mini warehouse bill and the shocker is I have seen 2 really nice GT vibes for only $1500 more than I'll have in this beater , don't laugh saturns. (sl) class sell I have sold 4 last year & made $ I like fixer uppers they get 37 hiway & most people can pony up $2000 ! still looking for a job in Florida class A truck driver
paulclassa

Post by paulclassa »

Neglected vibe trying to get road worthy again in taking off the head cracked the oil control solenoid for vbti by tAking out head bolt & finding that screen is clogged up on 1 inch long filter didn't get Haynes manual in mail until I already made 3 mistakes that cost me 2 ND head gasket & bolts $70 & vbti oil sending solenoid $90 & $15 to remove broken bolt in head another stumbling block for me is the cars I have been getting parts for are available locally at bone yards but vibes are not there I contacted junk yards in other states &125 for a glove compartment box I can't afford that I am lucky that I did find a 2005 wreaked vibe and bought parts for $150. Timing chain cover & glove box & jack & back 1/4 rear glass ,