THE GENVIBE PICTURE CHALLENGE THREAD

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Beer Belly

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by Beer Belly »

At this point maybe we'll have to take anything.....I didn't think it would be that difficult...surely i'm not the only one who owns a boat? jetski? canoe? kayak? rubber dinghy? windsurf board?Bodhi_tree if no one else is willing to step up to the challenge, we'll have to make your inner tube idea work. Don't forget you also have to be at a boat launch or a marina would work.The name may have to change from "Picture Challenge" to "Picture Impossible". lol
CAMOGIRL

Re: (Beer Belly)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

(removed), I have a most excellently hilarious idea now.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
Beer Belly

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by Beer Belly »

Should we be scared or excited about this idea...lol
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Ok, well it's a pathetic excuse for a boat launch, and technically this is a water...craft...lol. If you pay any attention to the interior pics of my car, you'll laugh even harder...lol
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Camogirl, how much ZP (Zebra Power) is that watercraft pushing? lolIt's all we've got for now, so if there are no objections I say the next challenge is yours.
Speedqueen

Post by Speedqueen »

I keep looking for a "Like" button.
10 Vibe 1.8l, Manual, Red hot metallic (current)07 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew cab (current)03 Monte Carlo SS 3.8l - 85 Merc Grand Marquis (cruise, tilt, bench)93 Grand AM Se 3.3l - 93 Geo Metro 1l87 GMC 1500 454 big block 85 Grand AM SE 6 cyl81 Celica GT - 76 Impala convertible hard top71 Gran Torino
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by Beer Belly »Camogirl, how much ZP (Zebra Power) is that watercraft pushing? lol.about .003 LOL.. Yes, I stole the inner tube idea, and this was not my original idea, which was to dig every pool floatie i own out and pile it on top of the car, but I ran out of time, and settled for the zebra lol. Ill be hunting for a challenge, I have something in mind, but I have to mount a deer this evening.
ligion

Post by ligion »

"Mounted deer on top of your vibe challenge"??? lol
CAMOGIRL

Re: (ligion)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by ligion »"Mounted deer on top of your vibe challenge"??? lolLOL no, thats not what I meant, but it came out that way lol.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

OKAY! I have the challenge:Your car, on a road that begins or contains the letter Z, with a zebra. Bonus points if you find a REAL zebra for the photo op, or get your friend or a family member to dress up like a zebra, lol.Also counts: stuffed zebras or other creative zebra ideas, those road signs that people use for their driveways, or if you find a real zebra, and you can photo it from the road with your car, you can MAKE UP a street sign with a Z lol.
ligion

Post by ligion »

LOLEDIT: ROFLEDIT2: Very Creative idea
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

If my challenge was too difficult I will be very surprised if anyone at all will be able to meet this one. lol
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I dont think it would be too hard... folks in the larger areas should be able to find a street with a Z in it and find a stuffed zebra or a photo of one... I live in a very very rural area and this would be a piece of cake in any county as all of our country roads go alphabetical in one direction and numerical order in the other direction. I paid $2 for my zebra at walmart for your challenge and reused it here, and it will be donated to my bestie's 3 year old daughter tomorrow lol.
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Glad to hear it's gonna get some good use! Better be careful with the .003ZP it pushes.
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

I'm game for that one,... but I can't do anything about it till Monday...
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I'll be out looking out for Zs in road signs now...
star_deceiver

Re: (KITT222)

Post by star_deceiver »

Hmmm... where am I going to find a Zebra....
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »OKAY! I have the challenge:Your car, on a road that begins or contains the letter Z, with a zebra. Bonus points if you find a REAL zebra for the photo op, or get your friend or a family member to dress up like a zebra, lol.Also counts: stuffed zebras or other creative zebra ideas, those road signs that people use for their driveways, or if you find a real zebra, and you can photo it from the road with your car, you can MAKE UP a street sign with a Z lol.does this count? Zekiah Drive, with a zebra driving the car

Attached files
CAMOGIRL

Re: (joatmon)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

OMGROFL! LOVE it! All yours!!!
joatmon

Re: THE GENVIBE PICTURE CHALLENGE THREAD (bodhi_tree777)

Post by joatmon »

I thought about posting up "your vibe in front of a sasquatch waterskiing behind a UFO", but we already get enough of those pictures.Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »Any car may be used for the sake of keeping the game moving. Vibes and Matrixes are encouraged. Next challenge:Post a pic that shows a Vibe and a Matrix of approximately the same color.At least one of the vehicles in the picture has to be yours (doesn't have to be either the Vibe or the Matrix)Envy Vibes, and lurid electric banana yellow Matrixes are wild cards, an envy vibe matches any color trix, a yellow trix matches any color vibebonus points if you can answer this challenge without it taking a couple of weeks

Attached files
bodhi_tree777

Re: THE GENVIBE PICTURE CHALLENGE THREAD (joatmon)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

phew, that's a good one. I honestly don't see many Matrixes around here, much less a matching one. Thanks for bringing this back up
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »NAWWW.... Kissin' cousins!!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 » I honestly don't see many Matrixes around here, much less a matching one. I'd like to keep it moving, not weeks between challenges, so I'll downgrade it to a Vibe (or Voltz) and a Matrix, any colors. Same color was easy for me since I have a matching pair in the driveway, but not everyone is so lucky.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Bad cellphone pic, and opposite colors, but here you go Parked next to them on my way into work and hoped they would still be there when I left. Score one for the work-a-holics!Gotta think on a challenge now.
joatmon

Re: THE GENVIBE PICTURE CHALLENGE THREAD (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by joatmon »

sweet, Name thy challenge
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

tree, it's your thread, you decide how long we wait for the next challenge before you intercede and post one yourself
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »tree, it's your thread, you decide how long we wait for the next challenge before you intercede and post one yourselfhmm, I say we give Blanco another day or two..? Maybe BD's got a good one brewing And I guess for future reference (in the interest of keeping things moving), when answering a challenge you should also immediately post your next challenge (i.e. go take your next challenge photo at the same time).
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Sorry all, too busy at work this week, just got done driving around taking pics. Posting in 2 minutes Sit tight!
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Ok, next challenge... find a piece of Roadside Americana, something with an interesting story to it. Bonus for large statues (and your vibe/trix of course).http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2191
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »Ok, next challenge... find a piece of Roadside Americana, something with an interesting story to it. Bonus for large statues (and your vibe/trix of course).I've got dibs on this! Heading out on a road trip shortly to get the picture !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibenvy

Re: THE GENVIBE PICTURE CHALLENGE THREAD (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by vibenvy »

The Vibe with the "Gemini Giant" in Wilmington, Illinois.My challenge: Your Vibe parked by a Drive-In Movie Theater sign and/or screen (pictured is the Rt. 34 Drive-In in Earlville, Illinois where we had a Chicagoland GenVibe meet last fall).I put 145 miles on the Vibe today just to get these two pictures !
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Very cool statue
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

The nearest drive-in is 6 hours away....
SeattleJeremy

Re: THE GENVIBE PICTURE CHALLENGE THREAD (star_deceiver)

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I'll see about getting a drive in picture, but I can't let the picture I took this morning go to waste ^_^
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
vibenvy

Re: THE GENVIBE PICTURE CHALLENGE THREAD (Jeremy96gase)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »Very cool statue Yeah, the Gemini Giant''s pretty cool, but I prefer The Hot Dog Holding Muffler Man myself . Unfortunately he's twice as far from me as the GG, so I went with what was closer (approximately 50 miles one way from Sandwich), but someday I will get a picture of the Vibe with the Hot Dog Holding Muffler Man !Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »The nearest drive-in is 6 hours away....Road trip !Quote, originally posted by Jeremy96gase »I can't let the picture I took this morning go to waste ^_^That picture would be a great addition to the Vibe Love thread .
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Nice... giant hotdogs FTW...LOL!
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »That picture would be a great addition to the Vibe Love thread .I didn't realize that was a thing. I'll post it over there and keep my eye out ^_^
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Gotta keep this going so i'm bumping it...
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by Beer Belly »Gotta keep this going so i'm bumping it...I was just thinking about this at work today. I can't be the only one who lives near a Drive-In. I knew a Drive-In would be difficult, but I didn't think it'd be impossible .
star_deceiver

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by star_deceiver »

505kms away... That's the closest...
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I am quite a ways away from a drive-in when I'm at home, but I could stop by one if I find some steelies near one. What about a field where a drive-in used to be? One of those is REAL close to me.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

This site was helpful for me:http://www.drive-ins.com/You can search for one close to you, it says whether they are closed or not. According to this one, there are less than a handful in Kansas now left open. The one I used To go to back home is closed, and it made me sad! I looked for the one that was close to me, but it was closed for a long time and it must have been demolished.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »What about a field where a drive-in used to be? One of those is REAL close to me.Is there anything remaining from the Drive-In, i.e. a sign or something? If not, it's just a field .
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Is there anything remaining from the Drive-In, i.e. a sign or something? If not, it's just a field .I have no idea, but I think I'll check when I get home.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Still none??
DeClerq

Post by DeClerq »

OK, I'll step up:Been closed for several years, but it still counts.Hopefully this next one won't be so hard. How about your Vibe next to a stadium, arena, etc... College, minor leagues, pro, whatever:Scheumann Stadium, Ball State University.
'09 Mazda5 Grand Touring'04 Vibe - M&T, Power Package, Protection Package
vibenvy

Re: (DeClerq)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DeClerq »OK, I'll step up:Been closed for several years, but it still counts.I approve ! I'm glad someone finally got it !
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Alright!!! Something that actually exists!!! LOLCamera at the ready!!!