New Vibe in Detroit..... Well eventually.....

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bringjustn

New Vibe in Detroit..... Well eventually.....

Post by bringjustn »

Hello All... I'm JustinJust bought a 07 at auction this morning.... well still have to send out the payment, but it is mine....here is what I am working with... if you know where I can get any of the parts I will need in color cheap let me know. I'll have more pictures next week when I have her in the garage and start to get her ready for summer.Also I'm in Ferndale, MI if anyone is nearby
Remember to always obey local traffic laws when driving, I know I do.
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

welcome fellow Ferndaleian!there are lots of other locals here at GenVibe.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
star_deceiver

Re: New Vibe in Detroit..... Well eventually..... (bringjustn)

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!! Head to your local auto wreckers and start shopping for parts... Don't pass up anything just because it's the wrong colour, sometimes you have to take what you can get and have them painted later.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
bringjustn

Post by bringjustn »

zimmI know I have seen a fair amount of donors around town.... jk It will be a few weeks before I have the vibe on the road. Until then I'll be the jerk in the lowed red sebring coupe that needs a tune up and a muffler. ) starThis will be my 7th wrecked car I have bought and fixed up. So I know that trick, but if I can find it in the right color for a few bucks more I think it is worth it. At least so it is close until I can get everything ready to paint. I do all my own prep work but after my last backyard paint job, I'm going to take it in to be sprayed. Then at least when I complain about the quality it isn't to a mirror. )
808 Vibes

Re: New Vibe in Detroit..... Well eventually..... (star_deceiver)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Welcome, and thank you for rescuing her.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
bringjustn

Post by bringjustn »

On a side note, and probably could find my answer via a search, where heated seat's an option on the vibe/matrix? And anyone know if the factory service manual they have on ebay is worth the $15 or can I find the pdf's posted on here somewhere?
808 Vibes

Re: (bringjustn)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by bringjustn »Until then I'll be the jerk in the lowed red sebring coupe that needs a tune up and a muffler. ) That's only temporary until you fix up this one, then dump the sebring ROTFLMAO
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
bringjustn

Re: New Vibe in Detroit..... Well eventually..... (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by bringjustn »

I actually almost rescued her older sister today to but glad I didn't win both cars though. She was the younger cuter one with the 6 disc and sub her older sister wasn't so well endowed
bringjustn

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by bringjustn »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »That's only temporary until you fix up this one, then dump the sebring ROTFLMAOthe bring was a good car for the past 8 years, made it through a supercharger, totaled twice, loss of the suspension, lowered, system, and other random things I thought would be a good idea at the time.... I hate to see her go but I need something with better gas and less "hey pull me over" appeal....I hope the vibe will cruise right past the cops at 100+
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by bringjustn »She was the younger cuter one with the 6 disc and sub her older sister wasn't so well endowed This is true! It's a unPROVEN unSCIENTIFIC FACT* * testimony by an actual younger, cute, curvy one
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
kostby

Post by kostby »

Welcome to the GenVibe family! And thanks for putting another one back on the road!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome to GenVibe! You've got quite a project on your hands now.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
bringjustn

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by bringjustn »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Welcome to GenVibe! You've got quite a project on your hands now. Thank you, and it shouldn't be badThat has pics of what I did with my bring, have to say the vibe should be easier... unless I come up with some engine problems.... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/...bring
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by bringjustn »I hope the vibe will cruise right past the cops at 100+ In metro Detroit .............. YEAH, you should be able to pull that off Welcome Justin and glad to see another younger motivated guy resurrecting a vehicle TOO YOUNG to head to the Vibe heavens You remind me of myself 25-30 years ago when I restored GM "F" body cars (Camaro/Firebird). Lots of fun and the satisfaction you get is underappreciated. Again, from a member an hour to your south ............... Welcome
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jkm311

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by jkm311 »

Welcome, Justin. I'm right down the road, as well. Not as close as Mark, mind you, but close enough. Looking forward to your progress.Your story reminds me of what this guy did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP3fQN2vP_c
Steelies to the rescue.
bringjustn

Re: (jkm311)

Post by bringjustn »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »Welcome, Justin. I'm right down the road, as well. Not as close as Mark, mind you, but close enough. Looking forward to your progress.Your story reminds me of what this guy did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP3fQN2vP_c Thank you, I'm a bit younger than that guy ) but it is nice to have the extra info of someone that has gone through the same car repair....Can someone answer this with out me starting a new thread to ask one question is the only difference between the 03-04 and 05-08 front bumpers is the 03-04 is 2 pieces and the grilles are recessed?
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

A Vibe in my area recently underwent the same transformation yours is about to undergo. I saw it on Craigslist a while back, it disappeared, and its back now, but it's completed.The 03-04 front:http://pontiacvibe.net/wp-cont...k.jpg05-08 front:http://www.carzunlimited.com/u...1.jpg03-04 is a more Aztec-like grille, and the 05-08 is more Solstice-like.best of luck!
bringjustn

Re: (KITT222)

Post by bringjustn »

I need to check out the inner supports to see if I can go with which ever is cheaper and in the correct color.