Lost the lower "vent" on the front passenger side of the front grille area

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
nittanydoug

Lost the lower "vent" on the front passenger side of the front grille area

Post by nittanydoug »

One of the last storms must have claimed the small vent on the lower passenger side of the front grille area of my 05 vibe. I don't really know what to call it. I just noticed it was missing this week. I know it wasn't missing about 3 weeks ago when I washed it but I've done some "snowplowing" with the car just trying to get to work and back. So what part am I looking for?
Crabbycrab

Re: Lost the lower "vent" on the front passenger side of the front grille area (nittanydoug)

Post by Crabbycrab »

I believe this may be your part:http://www.partsgeek.com/catal....htmlI have no idea what the OEM part number is, but I need one too and that's the only place I've found them.
New and improved (png) signature.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Try eBay. I've seen those parts there before.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
vibenvy

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by vibenvy »

#4 = 2005 - 2007 outer right (passenger side) lower grille: #88974246 MSRP: $30.12
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
cerulean

Post by cerulean »

I got a replacement at RockAuto. It's about 11.50 plus shipping.
Wolfman213

Re: Lost the lower "vent" on the front passenger side of the front grille area (Crabbycrab)

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by Crabbycrab »I believe this may be your part:http://www.partsgeek.com/catal....htmlExactly what I bought with a perfect fit. IIRC, they had pretty quick shipping as well.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Mr Magoo

Re: Lost the lower "vent" on the front passenger side of the front grille area (Crabbycrab)

Post by Mr Magoo »

Thanks for the awesome link! Just bought another "new" used Vibe today and I'm missing one too. Placed my order. Has anyone ever bought a grey cladding bumper cover from them? I'm curious how well they color match.
2007 Salsa base W/Cladding, 2008 Platinum base W/Cladding Picture: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...).jpg
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I thought I had lost one a while back. I hit a roadrunner while doing 80. Didn't notice until a few days later that I was missing the lower grille piece. I was extremely lucky because it was still there. I had been pushed through the bumper and was laying on the plastic splash guards.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
cythraul

Re: Lost the lower "vent" on the front passenger side of the front grille area

Post by cythraul »

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I lost one two. In fact I lost both but I found the driver-side one in the drive-way. :)

Any idea how to secure those and any idea why they are removable? If it's an option we don't have then I'll simply glue them in place. :)

Thanks!
cyth
2007 Vibe 1.8L Automatic 185K, B&M 70264 Transmission Cooler, Custom 2" hitch receiver.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Drill holes and ziptie, really.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
deebiv

Re: Lost the lower "vent" on the front passenger side of the front grille area (nittanydoug)

Post by deebiv »

Crabbycrab wrote:I believe this may be your part:http://www.partsgeek.com/catal....htmlI have no idea what the OEM part number is, but I need one too and that's the only place I've found them.
For research purposes, the correct link fort the lower piece called a "Bumper Grille Insert" is:

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2006/p ... nsert.html
o2ej

Post by o2ej »

lannvouivre wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:41 am Drill holes and ziptie, really.
Just replaced brittle zip ties. Worth a check
Betsytheanimal

Post by Betsytheanimal »

Im definitely late,but for anyone in the future that loses their grill, there is this wire sort of like chicken fence and its extremely easy to install in place of the plastic grills plus i find it looks way better than the plastic and probably cost 10$ at most.
Jbenrod

Post by Jbenrod »

Betsytheanimal wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:59 pm Im definitely late,but for anyone in the future that loses their grill, there is this wire sort of like chicken fence and its extremely easy to install in place of the plastic grills plus i find it looks way better than the plastic and probably cost 10$ at most.
If you have a link of the wire or picture of what you have done that would be helpful.
2005 Base - 220k
Betsytheanimal

Post by Betsytheanimal »

The wire comes on a big roll at the hardware store and u cut what you need off of it. A few different styles of it too.
Attachments
20200307_174024.jpg
20200307_174024.jpg (556.94 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
jeff_j1701

Post by jeff_j1701 »

Hello,

I know this is an old topic, but I have the same issue; I didn't want to create a new thread.

Are there any tools required to install the lower grills? I have all three lower grills (left, centre, right) in my '07 Vibe that "disappeared" years ago.

I plan on going to the local "car cemetery" to get them, as they have an '07 Vibe, and am wondering what tools, if any, I should bring with me?

Thanks.
'07 Vibe, over 300 000km
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

jeff_j1701 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:10 am Hello,

I know this is an old topic, but I have the same issue; I didn't want to create a new thread.

Are there any tools required to install the lower grills? I have all three lower grills (left, centre, right) in my '07 Vibe that "disappeared" years ago.

I plan on going to the local "car cemetery" to get them, as they have an '07 Vibe, and am wondering what tools, if any, I should bring with me?

Thanks.
The literally just snap into the lower grille.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

jeff_j1701 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:10 am I have all three lower grills (left, centre, right) in my '07 Vibe that "disappeared" years ago.
Jeff. How did they disappear? We they stolen, or did the hard winters (ice/snow) cause them to eventually fall off? It seems odd that all of them would fall off, which is why I ask. Once you locate another set you might want to add some construction wire/cable ties, or some other discrete method of additional fastening so that you don't have to replace them again! Let us know your outcome.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jeff_j1701

Post by jeff_j1701 »

I have a feeling they were stolen, but I could be wrong.
'07 Vibe, over 300 000km