Michigan Roll Call

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
midnighthunder89

Post by midnighthunder89 »

welcome
2010 Vibe 2.4L 5 speed manual.
phobzilla

Post by phobzilla »

Moving to the cheapest of homes in Beverly Hills soon... Work in Troy though. Black GT with Yakima roof rack
ou.grizzly

Re: (phobzilla)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by phobzilla »Moving to the cheapest of homes in Beverly Hills soon... Work in Troy though. Black GT with Yakima roof rackDidn't even know there were cheap homes in Bev Hills...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
phobzilla

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by phobzilla »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Didn't even know there were cheap homes in Bev Hills... lucky enough to find an estate sale, just under 1000 sq.ft. hasnt been updated since 1970, so i have quite a bit of work to do on my first home. It fit into my price range, therefore proof that its cheap, haha.
midnighthunder89

Post by midnighthunder89 »

you are right next to me. maybe I will see you around town
2010 Vibe 2.4L 5 speed manual.
LedFootin

Re: (nittanydoug)

Post by LedFootin »

Hey Merzbow, I'm still around! I have lots of new mods for you to check out. What's up for the next Michigan meet anyway? I'm still here in Oxford.
Platinum '06 GT: F1 Racing Stage 1 Clutch w/10lb. Flywheel, Magnaflow Cat Back, Typhoon SRI, TRD Strut Bar, TRD Sway Bar Set, Eleminated Moon Roof Soft Stop, Horn Lock Conformation, Color Matched Key Hole Covers, Rear Bumper Protector, Debadged.
jkm311

Re: (LedFootin')

Post by jkm311 »

After the Indy meet next week, I'll be down for a Michigan meet for sure. Merz was talking about trying to get one together sometime.
Steelies to the rescue.
tpollauf

Re: (jkm311)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »After the Indy meet next week, I'll be down for a Michigan meet for sure. Merz was talking about trying to get one together sometime. If you hold a Michigan meet, could an "Ohian" who lives right on the border attend??? AND looking at the front of my Vibe, it COULD pass for a Michigan Vibe (took the Ohio plate off!!!) Just don't look at the rear
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
LedFootin

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by LedFootin »

You allowed to take those front plates off down there?
Platinum '06 GT: F1 Racing Stage 1 Clutch w/10lb. Flywheel, Magnaflow Cat Back, Typhoon SRI, TRD Strut Bar, TRD Sway Bar Set, Eleminated Moon Roof Soft Stop, Horn Lock Conformation, Color Matched Key Hole Covers, Rear Bumper Protector, Debadged.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by LedFootin’ »You allowed to take those front plates off down there?Oooh, cold... I always say the more the merrier, Timothy!
Steelies to the rescue.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by LedFootin’ »You allowed to take those front plates off down there?By Ohio law, they're suppose to be mounted on the front bumper. It was there till I got it home from the dealership, then that was the first thing I did was remove it. It ruins the sportiness of the Vibe and several other sports cars (I'm not alone here). Guess you could say I'm taking my chances of getting pulled over & warned. If/when that happens I have a future mod I plan on implementing to the front bumper where "now you see it... now you don't" will happen with the plate
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jkm311

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by jkm311 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78IJKgsvkIHave the back side of your plate attached to a rounded piece of plastic, and factory painted to your red! Flip! Flip! Sorry about the gun footage afterward!
Steelies to the rescue.
JazzyVibe

Post by JazzyVibe »

After owning a 2003 Vibe GT for a little less than a year I decided to join up with some people here.I don't see many vibes around at many car meets in the metro Detroit area.

Attached files
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

That's a nice looking Vibe Jazzy!
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
LedFootin

Re: (JazzyVibe)

Post by LedFootin »

.Quote, originally posted by JazzyVibe »After owning a 2003 Vibe GT for a little less than a year I decided to join up with some people here.I don't see many vibes around at many car meets in the metro Detroit area. We haven't had a Vibe meet that I know of in the Detroit area since '07. I've been trying to talk Merzbo into setting up another one.Hey Merz, I'll spring for the dogs or buns or something if you do! I've got some mods to show off this time. Bump on the nice looking GT. I always did like the Aztek styled grills better, it set the Vibes apart form all the other Pontiacs
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Jazzy, I'll bet you're the GT I see driving around Van (removed) and the Tech Center. Or, am I crazy...
Steelies to the rescue.
JazzyVibe

Post by JazzyVibe »

That is most likely me. I live a few miles from there.
premi

Post by premi »

Just drove my new used 2006 AWD home yesterday. Looking forward to it!I'm in Grand Rapids btw
Black 2006 Vibe AWD
Zimm

Re: (premi)

Post by Zimm »

Quote, originally posted by premi »Just drove my new used 2006 AWD home yesterday. Looking forward to it!I'm in Grand Rapids btwwelcome!grand rapids rocks btw! (i grew up there)
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
postmac

Post by postmac »

Muskegon. '05 Owned since August, 2010
jkm311

Re: (postmac)

Post by jkm311 »

Welcome, Chris! Do you have family in Grand Rapids? Postma is a pretty popular last name there.Pics of your Vibe?!
Steelies to the rescue.
postmac

Post by postmac »

Yes. Mostly distant cousins etc.
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

right here in waterford, holly move coming soon. awesome to see some other nice vibes around here. every vibe i see around here is always 100% factory and usually driven by some very old or boring looking people. lol
Zimm

Re: (silverbullet)

Post by Zimm »

Quote, originally posted by silverbullet »right here in waterford, holly move coming soon. awesome to see some other nice vibes around here. every vibe i see around here is always 100% factory and usually driven by some very old or boring looking people. loli drive to waterford 3 days a week for school. if you're out and about in the pre-dawn hours, or just before evening rush, you might catch me making my way from OCC highland lakes to I-75.my '10 is pretty much stock, and while i'm not young anymore, i'm probably a bit more boring than i would like to admit.
silverbullet

Re: (Zimm)

Post by silverbullet »

Quote, originally posted by Zimm »i drive to waterford 3 days a week for school. if you're out and about in the pre-dawn hours, or just before evening rush, you might catch me making my way from OCC highland lakes to I-75.my '10 is pretty much stock, and while i'm not young anymore, i'm probably a bit more boring than i would like to admit.no way! i dont go anymore but ive attended that campus, my girlfriend goes there now shes getting into the dental program there. i live less than ten minutes from there im just off 59
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

Quote, originally posted by silverbullet »no way! i dont go anymore but ive attended that campus, my girlfriend goes there now shes getting into the dental program there. i live less than ten minutes from there im just off 59 well, when your gf is in, i should be pretty easy to identify. i'm the only guy in the dental hygiene program (and only one in about 10 years...)
silverbullet

Re: (Zimm)

Post by silverbullet »

Quote, originally posted by Zimm »well, when your gf is in, i should be pretty easy to identify. i'm the only guy in the dental hygiene program (and only one in about 10 years...)wow small world if she gets in this first time, or if your still there next year i told her she will have to look for you
JazzyVibe

Post by JazzyVibe »

LedFootin

Post by LedFootin »

I love doing that! What school lot was that? It looks like the place I used to do exactly that for hours on end! Doing that kind of thing is how I learned that just because my car is sliding doesn't mean I'm out of controll.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Love it! Every time it snows a few inches, I head to the back of my office's lot to practice some winter maneuvers – correct my steering out of a slide, braking, etc. I have Blizzaks, so I love to test 'em.
Steelies to the rescue.
LedFootin

Post by LedFootin »

Ha, that's great, I'm running Blizzaks this year for the first time. they're great tires, waht a difference.
JazzyVibe

Post by JazzyVibe »

That was Grissom(?) middle school. Martin and Ryan. I drove a rear-wheel drive before this car, so I am just mastering some of the e-brake maneuvers.
LedFootin

Post by LedFootin »

Ah yes, my good old friend the e-brake. I'll do that at work pulling into my parking spot, get the car sideways, come to a stop right in front of my spot and just pull right in. Everytime I get yelled at for doing it I tell them "You should have salted the lot." Using the e-brake is a blast on gravle roads too.Your running rotors or drums in the back?
JazzyVibe

Post by JazzyVibe »

rotors.
BLargal

Post by BLargal »

Novi Michigan here...I work at the speedway on Ten Mile and Novi Rd. Though you won't see my car right now its still being repainted but if you have i'm a dark blue vibe. I have been seeing a silver vibe going down Novi Rd past speedway quite a bit hmmm wonder if he or she is on this site
jkm311

Re: (BLargal)

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by BLargal »Novi Michigan here...I work at the speedway on Ten Mile and Novi Rd.Good luck with all the construction that is planned soon. Ugh. I feel for ya. I lived in Wixom when all the new overpasses and straightening of Beck Rd. was going on four years ago.
Steelies to the rescue.
smeadows7

Post by smeadows7 »

Waterford
bringjustn

Post by bringjustn »

I'm in Ferndale.... and in the process of bringing back an 07 to life )
Remember to always obey local traffic laws when driving, I know I do.
jazzvibe

Re: Michigan Roll Call

Post by jazzvibe »

I guess I will bring this thread back to life!

I am in Sterling Heights, not far from Gus Grissom Middle School. I will be driving a red 2009 GT starting next week. Metro Parkway to Mt. Clemens is my commute, then I go around the county during the work day. As far as know, my car is factory. I am thinking of adding the chrome door handle covers, though.

I am going to be looking like another fuddy-duddy Vibe owner, long white hair and totally out of shape, but you younger folks must remember that we are never feeling as old as our years. Looks do not tell everything!
My Recently Deceased Vibe
Murdered By A Dodge Charger 11-23-16!
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Macomb
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

Old thread, I know.... I currently live in Florida after moving here for college in '99, but I grew up in Michigan near Ludington. Most of my immediate family is still there. So, my Vibe may be seen up there from time to time.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
foamy302

Post by foamy302 »

Grand rapids, mi here. From ludington originally.
2000 Dodge Neon mtx 300k+ booger bushings,motor mount inserts. DD
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT 136k, stock for now. Wifes DD for now
SomeYahoo

Post by SomeYahoo »

Since someone else resurrected it, St. Clair Shores here... now phobzilla isn't the only one running around the Detroit burbs in an abyss GT with a yak rak! :lol:
Currently:
2004 Vibe GT Abyss 165k mi - FOR SALE
Past:
2003 Vibe GT Sold Loooooong ago
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

Out in West Bloomfield area
dasbrick

Post by dasbrick »

2003 Vibe, and Saint Johns.
stormtr00per

Post by stormtr00per »

From Macomb, Michigan
Stormtr00per
SomeYahoo

Post by SomeYahoo »

Nice looking Vibe. Welcome!
Currently:
2004 Vibe GT Abyss 165k mi - FOR SALE
Past:
2003 Vibe GT Sold Loooooong ago
mktrat

Post by mktrat »

Berkley!!!

Finally rescued my Vibe from my wife.
Sargeyork

Post by Sargeyork »

Hazel Park pre-owned 2005 Base 1.8L vin 8.
VIBRATR

Post by VIBRATR »

HI! I am from St. Clair, near Port Huron.
2009 Vibe GT - Mystic Blue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 - Flame Red, 3.5' lift on 33s.