03 wont start!! frustrated!

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
steve03viber

03 wont start!! frustrated!

Post by steve03viber »

Hey everyone first id like to say nice forum here been creeping through post all day and haven't found my issue so was hoping you guys can help!Like the title says wont start here's what I've done so far.New batt- not resolvedCleaned terminals - still nothingCar has power and fuel pump kicks on but when trying to crank nothing happens!!Any help will be super appreciated!!
keithvibe

Re: 03 wont start!! frustrated! (steve03viber)

Post by keithvibe »

do you get a clicking noise while trying to start the car or nothing at all?Does the headlights work? Dash lights? If you don't get any clicking, most likely it's the starterIf the headlights or dash lights don't work it's most likely the main 100amp fuse located under the hood.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

manual or automatic?sounds like a starter if it doesn't crank. might be a fuse blown under the hood along the drivers fender i think there is a crank fuse there.
steve03viber

Post by steve03viber »

Yes to the lights no to the clicking noise and its automatic
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Are you getting fuel to the fuel rail?Is it turning over normal or slow?Have you tried pushing the gas pedal all the way to the ground an starting it?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I'd bet 100bucks it's the starter that is the issue.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

1st thing i would check is power to the starter,it should have battery power to the big stud on the starter solanoid. If you have power there the problem is in the starting circuit, neutral safety switch,bad starter. I use a test light that has no ground wire to use,built in buzzer also.Great for testen out computor control systems cause theres "no" back feed thru a ground wire.
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
A Psycho Martyr

Re: 03 wont start!! frustrated! (ou.grizzly)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Same thing did a month ago.....starter was out. You can tap on the starter with a ratchet or something while someone holds the key in "start" postion and it MIGHT crank.... That way you don't have to tow it to a shop, you can drive it thereGive that a shot. Worked for me
TONY TAT2

Re: 03 wont start!! frustrated! (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Ya,I gota do that with my riden lawn mower ,gota air up all 4 tires,add gas,then i dont fell like mowen the lawn anymore !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
steve03viber

Post by steve03viber »

Lol picking up a starter tomorrow, I do t trust shops because. I know some people that own a shop and they were to lazy to fix a stripped oilplug and all they did was spray paint it black. So doing it my self. On the bright side today I blacked out my tail lights pics will be up in the am!!
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (steve03viber)

sounds good man. I just hope you didn't make the mistake SO many before you have made (INCLUDING ME ) and tinted waaaaayyy too dark and have to sand it down and redo it lighter
steve03viber

Post by steve03viber »

Eh they are dark ill go snap a pic of em now for ya
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (steve03viber)

Check out >>this thread where I posted. You can see all the trouble I had with mine
mrxavier344

Post by mrxavier344 »

Hi just want to throw in my 2 cents with your starting problem. I am the original owner of a 2003 Vibe GT and I've done my absolute best to maintain and keep it in good condition. I've had the 30k, 60k, and 90k maintenance, oil changes, etc. I've never had any starting problems and all parts on the car, except for a replacement battery and brakes. Last week my Vibe wouldn't start. The car cranked, but wouldn't turn over. I thought it might of been the battery, but I got it tested and it wasn't, I cleaned the terminals and because it cranked I started to think it was the fuel line or fuel pump, or something along those lines.So, I got it towed and it turns out the problem was that my throttle valve was not functioning properly (closing/opening) because of particulate/dirt that built up on and around the valve. The point of all the above is that even though I thought throttle inspections/cleanings would have been a part of those 30k/60k/90k checks either they aren't or they haven't been done.....and it led to a situation that sounds a lot like yours. So, maybe its the throttle valve!I hope this helps.