BringPontiacBack.org

Links to other useful Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix (and related) websites.
VforVIBE

BringPontiacBack.org

Post by VforVIBE »

BringPontiacBack.org During General Motors’ bankruptcy, the President’s Auto Task Force, in cooperation with GM leadership, decided that GM had to reduce its number of brands. Initially, GM decided to place Hummer, Saab, and Saturn up for sale. As you may know, Saab was sold to Spyker, and both Hummer and Saturn were eventually discontinued.The Pontiac brand was discontinued due to the concern that five core brands were too large to maintain focus through bankruptcy. It was agreed that Pontiac would be discontinued, but as part of the bankruptcy, New GM would retain ownership of the Pontiac brand. This decision was made in order to ensure that GM could return the brand to production if demand warranted.Clearly, General Motors has learned from the failure of their wind down of Oldsmobile, where 80% of customers defected to non-GM brands. Pontiac customers are at high risk to defecting to Ford, Mazda, Scion, Volkswagen, and Mitsubishi. For this reason alone (as well as others), we believe that GM can be convinced to resume production of Pontiac.And that, is why this site was created. We care about General Motors (after all, as Americans, we are all shareholders currently), and we want to see this turnaround a success. Without a sport car badge, General Motors will lose a key young demographic of customers looking for economical, fuel-efficient sport cars. Did you know that Pontiac still outranks Buick in Google search popularity 2:1?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
star_deceiver

Re: BringPontiacBack.org (VforVIBE)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »[Did you know that Pontiac still outranks Buick in Google search popularity 2:1? I found that out last night on FP!!!GM needs to bring back the Solstice...IMO
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
VforVIBE

Re: BringPontiacBack.org (star_deceiver)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »GM needs to bring back the Solstice...IMOThat's not all it needs to bring back...
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

That would almost seem like a MIRACLE, but a welcomed miracle. They really need to somehow make this happen before they lose anymore market share
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
808 Vibes

Re: BringPontiacBack.org (tpollauf)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Bookmarked. I'll definetely be in on this. Thanks, V! Killing off their second most profitable division...one with a niche market: GM, I WILL NOT buy another car from you ever again until you do.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

I really couldn't care less what GM does regarding Pontiac. However if GM was so inclined it would give them a great opportunity to re-create the brand. It would be nice to see them come back as a sport car division with modern versions of GTOs and Firebirds/Trans Ams.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
jake75

Re: (beemerphile1)

Post by jake75 »

Sell the brand to Chrysler - Pontiac would go well with Cherokee. GM can call one of their new models the "Custer".As for any care about General Motors and wanting to see this turnaround a success, my Ford stock would do better without them.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
808 Vibes

Re: (jake75)

Post by 808 Vibes »

BUMP!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

If Pontiac did come back, the Vibe wouldn't be coming back anyway... too bad, because a Vibe GT with the turbo LNF engine from the Solstice GXP (and other GM vehicles) would be hot. Me want.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

I guess I'm too young to be nostalgic for the Pontiac brand. I would like my car just as much if it were a Chevy Vibe.I'd rather have a car company that is more lean and less likely to fail.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

You know, I'm older, I well remember the birth and excitement of the pony car phase of automobile advancement. I remember the performance cars as well, even had a 68 chevy malibu.What is done is done. Major mistakes were made, the market changed and a giant FAIL is stamped across Pontiac's nameplate.The odds of bringing it back are probably quite slim.Now, I know Wikipedia isn't the scholarly site some think it is but it does come in handy at times for inexact lists.I was going to copy and paste the list of failed US nameplates but once I opened it up I'll post the link to the list. The list is LONG!!! Pontiac is simply one of the newest additions to a long history of automobile production in the USA that failed. It Joined Plymouth in the "P's".http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...urersGM has dropped many nameplates in the USA, even before bankruptcy. GEO anyone? Daewoo? Isuzu (mostly trucks now I believe)? Opel? to name but a few.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
lm7212

Re: BringPontiacBack.org

Post by lm7212 »

I love my Vibe, would welcome a GM/Toyota midsize hatchback with a longer wheelbase and great gas milage. Cars today are too low to the ground, a wildlife impact is a major expense with today's low plastic bumper covers. Is 7-8 inches of ground clearance and an option for a tubular steel impact guard with a skid plate too much to ask?