What's your Vibes color?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
msmyer

What's your Vibes color?

Post by msmyer »

I know we've talked about this before, but we add and drop members all the time....What's your Vibe's color!? Lets see what the most popular and least popular colors there are on GenVibe!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
stkos79

Re: What's your Vibes color? (msmyer)

Post by stkos79 »

did you know that abyss(black met.)is the only vibe to have color keyed door frames
VibeSalsa

Post by VibeSalsa »

Guess what is my choice....
2003 Base Vibe, Salsa, 5-speed, Power PackageLow pitch hornPic of my Vibe
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Gee.....guess what colour I got?
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
Geo

Re: What's your Vibes color? (Big_Red)

Post by Geo »

*ahem**inserts the Obvious tag here*
BADGER PRIDE
Triton

Re: What's your Vibes color? (Geo)

Post by Triton »

Neptune here and love it!
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
msmyer

Re: What's your Vibes color? (silverawd26)

Post by msmyer »

Man....someone owns the Envy color?

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

i originally wanted the abyss w/ 2 tone. i ended up with a shadow mono. i am so glad i got a mono tone. i like the grey color, but at times it has a brown look to it. overall thou, i like the darker color alot better than my old 2000 grand prix which was white. that white is a pain in the (removed) tryin to keep clean.
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
GT_03

Re: What's your Vibes color? (meathead333)

Post by GT_03 »

Mine is Lava, but it looks almost exactly to Chevy Red. My coworker has a new Monte Carlo, and they look like the same shade.
Not a Vibe owner anymore
huy397

Post by huy397 »

Frosty here, two tone.
Car: 2003 Two tone Base Frosty Vibe, Automatic, Safety & Security Package, Power Package and 16" alloys with 16" Blizzaks for winterNavigation: HP iPAQ 2210 + LeadTek 9537 BT GPS + iGuidance V2.1.1 + German-D mount.http://www.howardforums.comYour Mobile Phone Community & Resource
MrRich

Post by MrRich »

quote:Satelte Two-Tone. Same here!
GenVibe Patriarch
MrRich

Re: What's your Vibes color? (meathead333)

Post by MrRich »

quote: i like the darker color alot better than my old 2000 grand prix which was white. that white is a pain in the (removed) tryin to keep clean.I guess You never had a black car!?Black is a real pain.The easiest to keep it cleen is silver,2nd white.But maybe that's just me!
GenVibe Patriarch
GT_03

Re: What's your Vibes color? (MrRich)

Post by GT_03 »

I had problems with white on my old Firebird. Always had black tar around the bottom.
Not a Vibe owner anymore
Bowlsie

Post by Bowlsie »

Lava baby!
BowlsieLava 03 Vibe GT Moon/Tunes
cibomatto

Re: What's your Vibes color? (Bowlsie)

Post by cibomatto »

Hmmm.. Sort of disappointed.. I though the Salsa color would be in the top 3...
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
1 Cool Vibe

Re: What's your Vibes color? (cibomatto)

Post by 1 Cool Vibe »

Monotone Neptune here too

Attached files
"I our new Vibe almost as much as my Harley, and believe me that says a lot about how I feel about our new Vibe, just ask my wife" 2003 Vibe monotone Neptune/Graphite 4-speed auto, moon & tunes, power package, 4-wheel ABS, and 16" aluminum wheels, all windows tinted 20%
jfcou21

Re: What's your Vibes color? (1 Cool Vibe)

Post by jfcou21 »

I'm really ambigous about getting the Salsa or the Neptune Vibe.... Hey which one girls prefer more? Wich one is more attractive ?
Shadow Realm

Post by Shadow Realm »

It's Shadow for Shadow Realm Baby!!!!! I was torn between satellite and shadow but once I saw the shadow color and heard that it would be hard to find in monotone it sealed the deal for me.Shadow Realm
Abyss Monotone GT, 6 speed, Moon & Tunes, Power Group,and 16" Alloys. Soon you can see my Vibe GT at Shadowrealm's car pics but for now it is under construction!
shibaman

Re: What's your Vibes color? (VibeSalsa)

Post by shibaman »

I had ment to get a Frosty but when I saw the salsa I knew that it was my color. My Pathfinder was almost the same color.
Salsa basemoons and tunesInjen CAIHotchkis sway barsHotchkis springsCenterline RPM sMagnaflow muffler,stainless tipDevlop's custom STB
msmyer

Re: What's your Vibes color?

Post by msmyer »

I can't believe there's that many shadow owners...there's only me and one other one in my area!

pmh013

Post by pmh013 »

Originally, I really wanted a Neptune Vibe, or the comparable colour in the Matrix. I missed getting a blue Matrix by about 24 hours. My local dealer had a black AWD Vibe, but it had a sunroof, and I really didn't want one at the time (now, I think I'd pay the extra $$).Anyway, I was trading in a black Explorer, which was IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean. So, hindsight being 20-20, I'm glad I got the Satellite with the unpainted cladding.Haven't yet seen too many Vibes around here. A couple Satellites, a couple Frosties, and about 1 of each of the rest (except Envy, haven't seen one).
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan
AKLGT

Re: What's your Vibes color? (pmh013)

Post by AKLGT »

I have a Satellite Vibe GT. I really wanted a Salsa Monotone but then saw 2 cars pulled over when I ordered mine. Guess what color they were? Yep, red. So, I decided to go with a standard color that cops aren't drawn to pulling over and giving tickets. I've had one speeding ticket given to me in my only red car I've ever had. But.... I still like that Salsa color. Kind of wish I'd gotten it anyways.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
red

Re: What's your Vibes color? (trdvibe)

Post by red »

frosty 2tone .....but i may modify the lower cladding color to a brighter shade of something....liked the salsa color but didnt have a choice at the time...monotone silver looks very good too!....salsa colors are everywhere also the neptune...i'm the only one here in fbks w/2tone white, there is an mono white one though.
AKLGT

Re: What's your Vibes color? (red)

Post by AKLGT »

Hey, I think I saw you a few weeks ago getting your oil changed at Jiffy Lube. Was that you? That was a 2 tone Frosty.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
red

Post by red »

it was if it had a multicolored spinner dangling from the antenna..are you still in fbks, cause i just saw a silver vib flash by on the Steese Extension this am with aluminum wheels ? about 9 ish am?
AKLGT

Re: What's your Vibes color? (red)

Post by AKLGT »

yeah, that was probably me on way to North Pole for an appointment. I was running late.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mazass

Post by Mazass »

Originally I was going to get a lava, but they did not have the options I wanted in it. Then they offered me the neptune from another dealership. The next day, I found out that they had already sold the neptune. So then I head off to the dealership and was told that they could get me an abyss. After 3 days of not hearing anything about this car, I called back and the salesman told me that he could not the abyss. I was quite mad about it and told him I was going to another dealership to get the one I wanted. Then he offered me the original lava with about $4,000 off the sticker price. So I took that and got another $2,000 off with the gm deal going on.Dave
MazassLava 2 tone vibe, DVD nav system, 17 inch rims, ABS brakes, power package, auto
redlava

Re: What's your Vibes color? (Mazass)

Post by redlava »

I was originally thinking about getting Envy because I saw one on a lot in Omaha. Unfortunately it didnt have the options I wanted. So I found a monotone shadow vibe that was almost exactly what I was looking for. Perfect color, not to dark and not too light, and I have only seen one other one like it in the four months that I have owned it.
threekrows

Re: What's your Vibes color? (redlava)

Post by threekrows »

Mines an envy two-tone GT.I ordered it that way and have never regretted it.It looks even better with the limo tint on it
Hot Vibe

Re: What's your Vibes color? (threekrows)

Post by Hot Vibe »

Just picked up my wife's Fusion yesterday. Sorry to say this but Oldsmobile Copper sounds more like it to me.
Just here to lend a hand to people who have questions about their Vibe.
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

quote:Neptune here and love it!Same!
MadBill

Post by MadBill »

Quote End quote_______msmyer IBVIBEN I can't believe that The Befuddlement Fairy has struck again, landing on the shoulder of one confused Shadow and one Lava owner and causing them to create duplicate links for these two colors!
DetroitFolly

Re: What's your Vibes color? (pmh013)

Post by DetroitFolly »

Lava, Monotone! I like it!
Craig Vibe guy, Tigers fan, Deadhead, Diehard Detroit supporter!
pissedoffgokart

Re: What's your Vibes color? (MadBill)

Post by pissedoffgokart »

Originally wanted Neptune monotone but they weren't making the monotone package in that color when I ordered mine! I'm glad, now, that I got the Shadow, you just don't see many cars even close to this color!
taupecat

Post by taupecat »

I held a little poll among my friends with the choices being Neptune, Abyss, or Salsa. Salsa won by a narrow margin (but it was the color I really wanted anyway).Of course, when I went to the dealer to order it, I had a little bit of a crisis. They had a base Shadow in stock that was really nice. But my husband, wise man he is, convinced me to stick with the Salsa, and I'm so glad he did.
2004 Salsa AWDMoon & TunesPower PackageProtection Packagehttp://www.cardomain.com/id/taupecat
MrDoopey

Post by MrDoopey »

All the colors are pretty nice, actually. But I chose the two tone Abyss. Looks great if I can keep it clean......dang dew!
MrDoopey 2003 base model, two-tone abyss, automatic, with power package, 6 speaker package
canadavibegt

Post by canadavibegt »

quote:I can't believe there's that many shadow owners...there's only me and one other one in my area!Same here...... I have only spotted one other Shadow Vibe and it is a base........ And i see 2 posts for the envy color (fusion)..... Tried to get a straight trade with my dealer for one..... he would not go for it...
Canada Rocks View pics of my car here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/v ... _id=345207
pmaz

Re: What's your Vibes color? (VibeSalsa)

Post by pmaz »

you say "low pitch horn"...... what is that?
VibeSalsa

Re: What's your Vibes color? (pmaz)

Post by VibeSalsa »

Maybe it's off topic but excuse me Mr. Moderator I have to answer.Quote, originally posted by pmaz »you say "low pitch horn"...... what is that?If you hadn't already noticed, the Vibe's horn has a very high note horn that is not very pleasant to hear. So, many Vibe owners replaced this whimpy horn by a new one.I bought this one with the low note and I feel better: http://www.canadiantire.ca/(removed)...58480 It may be considered as the first mod I installed on my Vibe...You can find more info there: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=531 and there: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=2656
2003 Base Vibe, Salsa, 5-speed, Power PackageLow pitch hornPic of my Vibe
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by silverawd26 » This post is for all members and lurkers. Once more, this is a post for all members and lurkers to view and base opinons on and to smile about. There is no scientific data showing an array of colors on one particular Vibe would be more benificial and durable to the environment. lol! silver, you are killing me!!!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Rob you are too funny bro! I originally wanted Shadow but that was unavailable so Neptune was my second choice...I have grown to love it
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Mavrik

Re: What's your Vibes color? (ArcsVibe)

Post by Mavrik »

My first choice was Neptune since so many Vibes are red or silver around here. But the new colour Fusion is very nice and I ended up settling for that instead on my 2004 Vibe.Was Shadow not available on 2003 models? My friend got herself a 2003 Vibe last year... I think its shadow... And I believe I have only seen one Vibe in Envy colour... didn't look to bad.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
SpaceGal

Post by SpaceGal »

Before I saw a Vibe in person I really wanted Salsa. It looked like an awesome deep red. I went to the dealership and that day it was overcast and drizzling...but the Salsa looked more maroon. I went back the next day and felt like it didn't look as nice as I saw in pictures, but I still liked it...however, I couldn't find a Salsa with the options I wanted. Plus the dealer had like 10 Salsa's in the lot...that was a bit much for me. I liked Neptune too...but hubby's got a blue car already so we wanted something different. He liked Shadow...but we both could agree on Abyss so we got that in a two tone.I'm quite excited about it...but now I'm worried about keeping it looking nice and black.
Mavrik

Re: What's your Vibes color? (SpaceGal)

Post by Mavrik »

Abyss (black) is a really nice colour but very interesting to keep clean heh. But doesn't matter what colour the car is really, its still one incredible car and fun to drive, hope you enjoy it!
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
ArcsVibe

Re: What's your Vibes color? (Mavrik)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Neptune was available of course but with the options I wanted I had to wait another 4 months to get it...that is why when my dealer called me and told me that he found a Neptune with my options in Ontario we arranged a swap and voila! that is how I ended up with Neptune.
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

SGT

Post by SGT »

I really had no opinion on color for the most part when I went shopping. I was more concerned with the right mix of options. I knew that I would not get Abyss, since I was trading in a Black Sunfire and one black car ever 10 years or so is enough for me. I had a black and gold Z28 in the mid 80s and waited almost 20 years to get another black car and when I did I remembered how fun they are to keep clean. Love the way black looks, but just don't have time to maintain it the way it should be. I also knew Fusion was out. I liked it, but wife didn't. Even though it is my car, well those who are married know... I really thought it it would be Satellite for a while. I think the 2 tones in Satellite look good. But then we found a two-tone white Vibe with exactly the options I wanted. I had never had a white car before 2002 when we bought my wife a white and gold Montana. When I saw the Vibe in 2-tone white, I knew that was it. So now we have two white pontiacs in the garage. The funny thing is, sitting side by side, you can tell that the shades of white are different. The Vibe's being a brighter whiter white if that makes sense. I agree with the others here though, the VIbe looks good in all the colors Pontiac is offering.
2004 Base Vibe - Frosty - Two Tone Automatic, ABS, 16 inch factory alloy wheels, Power Package, Cargo Nets and Mat
vibegt11

Post by vibegt11 »

Nothing but Frosty white for me. As a matter of fact, my 1987 Buick LeSabre T-Type, 1990 Olds Acheiva SC, 1995, 1998 & 2000 GMC Sonomas have all been white! White makes a vehicle 'appear' larger than it really is. An optical delusion of some sorts!
Go Detroit Red Wings!
fuel4soul

Re: What's your Vibes color? (vibegt11)

Post by fuel4soul »

I've noticed that! Plus that monotones make it appear to be more "plump" than 2-tones..Maybe it's just me..
AKLGT

Re: What's your Vibes color? (fuel4soul)

Post by AKLGT »

simply put, i wish i had the mono fusion for mine. oh well, wasn't offered and the satellite was the closest to what i wanted at the time.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
VibeChick

Post by VibeChick »

Hi all, I have been lurking around for a couple months and decided to finally join. I have a 2004 two tone satellite - I got it through a dealer trade - took one week (took delivery Oct.3, 2003). Since I am in Canada, I guess that was lucky from the stories I have read.Really great site, I have learned so much already!
Used to have: 04 Monotone Abyss 5 SpeedNow the proud owner of a black 2005 SRT-4230 Hp250 lb/ft torque