MOD LOST/ FAKE WASTEGATE (BOV)

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

If you get a fake BOV I will never talk to you. LOL. I am getting a turbo setup next summer. Going to make it as quiet as possible for maximum sleeper status.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

I don't know if you ever went through with this idea but if you're looking for a fake turbo sound, someone on ebay is the guy for you. Came across it today while looking around and remembered this thread even though I don't truly agree with it, lol. I'd be willing to bet the first car video is a car that actually has a turbo because the jump from the first car to the second in sound is pretty dramatic. Still a waste of money if you ask me. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...dc6d5
2005 Vibe Base 148k milesK&N Air Filter in stock boxCustom Painted interiorCustom Painted Engine BayAftermarket driving lightsMuch more to come http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42124
DressedInBlack

Re: (bassrocker032)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by bassrocker032 » http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...dc6d5 wow. i don't know whether to laugh or cry.screw it, ill do both.
http://
tribalman

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »wow. i don't know whether to laugh or cry.screw it, ill do both. i couldn't help but think of bubba rubb. "it's just for decoration. that's it and that's all." :rofl:
None. Vibe is gone.
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

how do i delete this thread (removed)
BLACKEDOUTVIB04 Abyss Vibe 5 spdCosmo Racing Cold Air Intake Custom Cat-back Exhaust20% Tint All AroundAlpine Head Unit, Eclipse 800w Amp, 2 12" subs ported/neon. Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
06pvibe

Re: (BLACKEDOUTVIB)

Post by 06pvibe »

I was thinking the same thing....On the other hand, it might be useful to someone else thinking about the fake BOV, and would save us all from having to rewrite this thread.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
lovemyraffe

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe » I was thinking the same thing....On the other hand, it might be useful to someone else thinking about the fake BOV, and would save us all from having to rewrite this thread. But then we wouldn't be able to pick on someone else
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
06pvibe

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by 06pvibe »

That's just mean, raffe!!
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I think it'd be awesome to get a $500 POS car, then head to Walmart to pick up any and ALL terrible ricerific accessories like fake hood scoops, vents, dual exhaust, neon tail pipe, underglow, etc. then surf Ebay for those fake BOV or fake turbonator sounds.... and wasn't there a fake intercooler/radiator and fake Brembo BBK kits?
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
vibenvy

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »I think it'd be awesome to get a $500 POS car, then head to Walmart to pick up any and ALL terrible ricerific accessories like fake hood scoops, vents, dual exhaust, neon tail pipe, underglow, etc. then surf Ebay for those fake BOV or fake turbonator sounds.... and wasn't there a fake intercooler/radiator and fake Brembo BBK kits?(removed)! This made me think of yesterday when I was browsing the automotive section at my local Walmart and noticed a ton of fake fender vents in the clearance section. I started laughing thinking of all the idiots around here that have them and how I can't believe they're not buying them up seeing that they're so cheap.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
bassrocker032

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by bassrocker032 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »(removed)! This made me think of yesterday when I was browsing the automotive section at my local Walmart and noticed a ton of fake fender vents in the clearance section. I started laughing thinking of all the idiots around here that have them and how I can't believe they're not buying them up seeing that they're so cheap.everyone thinks cardboard is way cheaper... lol
2005 Vibe Base 148k milesK&N Air Filter in stock boxCustom Painted interiorCustom Painted Engine BayAftermarket driving lightsMuch more to come http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42124
06pvibe

Re: (bassrocker032)

Post by 06pvibe »

That's GREAT!!! I especially love the cardboard/aluminum foil 5-spokes - and side exiting exhaust too.
BLACKEDOUTVIB

Post by BLACKEDOUTVIB »

me and my buddies are converting our shop car in autos class into the ultimate ricer! its a **** box saturn 4 door and it will have exhaust out the hood, intake on top of hood and much more goodies....bald tires for easy drifting
BLACKEDOUTVIB04 Abyss Vibe 5 spdCosmo Racing Cold Air Intake Custom Cat-back Exhaust20% Tint All AroundAlpine Head Unit, Eclipse 800w Amp, 2 12" subs ported/neon. Carbon Fiber Shift Knob