bassrocker032 - 2005 Frosty

Park your vehicle in a thread here - list your vehicle info, pics, etc. all in one place.
bassrocker032

bassrocker032 - 2005 Frosty

Post by bassrocker032 »

Hey guys. I've been watching genvibe's forums for quite sometime but I never got around to getting my own name or putting up any pics but I guess I will now. Sry for the lack of pics, just covering the basics for now. Got alot in plan for this thing though. Sorry for the blurry pic, it's just the best my poor nikon d40 could do in pitch black with no flash. Mods:2zz Engine SwapK&N Air FilterWhite windshield wipersCustom Interior Lighting Custom Interior Paintthat's about it. Looking to get alot more. Soon to come:Strut BarSuperchargerShort Ram cool air intakeHeaderExhaustRacing SeatWindow tintingHeadlight tintingRadioRimsCustom painted engine bay to match the beauty of psycho martyr's engine bay. Don't know if I left anything out but yeah, once again, hello all. My name is Nick. Update: Took off the seat covers and found some of my dads old floor mats while digging around in his garage today so keep giving me ideas for improvement. Update!!!!Painted the interior finally so here it is. Went with black on the window controls to keep a nice flow with the rest of the door panel but went with white mostly everywhere else. Left the a/c cluster and plug in gray due to shine through and I have the white going around the a/c cluster to keep the white flow. Tell me what you think. Updated pic with tinted headlights. I'm way below legal limit though so no night time driving for now.
2005 Vibe Base 148k milesK&N Air Filter in stock boxCustom Painted interiorCustom Painted Engine BayAftermarket driving lightsMuch more to come http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42124
keithvibe

Re: bassrocker032 - 2005 Frosty (bassrocker032)

Post by keithvibe »

welcome.. what did you do to that poor vibe? fender vents, chrome windshield wipers, coy fish seat covers and matching floor matssorry but I'm glad you like it... not my style though... btw... you have one header... header(s) is incorrect term to use
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
star_deceiver

Re: bassrocker032 - 2005 Frosty (bassrocker032)

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!! Looks like you need a replacement fog light as well!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

The wiper are white, also I thought you called them headers due to the 4 separate pipes. The seat covers were a gift as well as the cars first owner being a smoker and leaving me a few burned perfect circles to deal with but I will be getting racing seats soon, floor mats are once again a gift and car came with paper in the floor so paper or koi fish... I personally like the fender accents. I've always been a fan of little things like that but the bigger ones ruin the look. And yes I do, I can thank a ground hog for that one. lol
2005 Vibe Base 148k milesK&N Air Filter in stock boxCustom Painted interiorCustom Painted Engine BayAftermarket driving lightsMuch more to come http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42124
Blanco_Diablo

Re: (bassrocker032)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Welcome to the family!
lovemyraffe

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Thanks to everyone for welcoming. I've made some minor changes, updated the pics. I gotta keep the fender flare though, I like it to much, but I didn't like the seat covers and floor mats to begin with. My wife got them for me and most of us know how that is.. But She'll be ok. Possibly getting a Recaro racing seat tomorrow. Hope everything goes as planned. I'm not planning on getting both front seats as racing seats cause my wife doesn't like the feel of a bucket seat so just the drivers seat will be a racing seat but hey, the pilot being happy is alll that matters right? lol
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Looks good, looks good. Seems like you got big plans for it. I wanna see some fresly washed and waxed pics tho! Put some shine on that behind!and oh...Quote, originally posted by bassrocker032 »Custom painted engine bay and interior to match the beauty of apsycho martyr's interior and engine bay. It means alot...thanks
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Updated pics of interior. Look for more soon of more interior whited out.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Looks GOOD!! (Where have I seen that look before?? ) So, a Frosty base w/a 2zz engine swap and auto trans? How's that workin' out for ya'?edit: Oh, and I'm jealous of your lack of front plate holder too. The car, almost ANY car, looks soooo much better that way. I tried to talk the wife into putting it in the windshield like I have mine, but she wasn't having it. Be sure to post some pics in the Frosty Owners thread!!
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

It's got alot more acceleration (of course) but the decrease in MPG is very noticeable. Shift shock is still nonexistent unless of course i'm pushing the car pretty hard, and the K&N drop in has added hp as well but once again, added more loss to MPG. I'm smoking little civics with their big bad b16's and b18's around town as well as smoking the big bad SUV's that ride around thinking they can beat anything just because of how big they are. I'm looking to get a short ram air intake as well as a new intake manifold, and headers and I should be able to hang with anything around my little town. OH, check this out. Yesterday I raced a mustang and laughed my *** off as he BLEW UP HIS ENGINE. I'm not gonna lie and say if he didn't, I would've won, but he was behind me revving his pony like all the rest and he had around 5k in his exhaust alone (I know the guy which is why he was showing out) but the rest was stock and we hit a straight away and I kicked it, he got beside me and waved, then floored it (I wasn't anywhere close to flooring it) and his pony let out a nice, great sounding deep growl as he got a half cars length in front of me, then BOOM, click click click click. Smoke flies and I wave as I speed past him laughing. Gotta love it.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

lol, Now I just have to figure out where I'm gonna use it. I'll find something. Probably the side mirror cover like where your tweeters are.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Update:Headlights tinted. I'll be wet sanding them either today or tomorrow. Take mine and psycho's advice and DO NOT DO THIS. He's removing his and I'm extremely lightening mine. You're better off just keeping the stock clear unless you can do super light even coats which will be extremely difficult, trust me.
A Psycho Martyr

When you wetsand I HIGHLY recommend 2000grit and be SURE to let it soak for 10min before you start sanding. When you're done buff it out with rubbing compound or scratchX. That will bring your shine out.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Well I was already headed to the store and started doing this before I read this so I messed up but buffing fixed it. I used 400 grit since my local hardware store didn't have any finer... I used the great gift of rain and sanded while it was pouring today, actually worked out great. I sanded out a nice parallelogram that'll allow light to shine through. I'm gonna mask a nice even parallelogram in the center of the front headlight to allow light through but keep the rest tinted. I should have final product done tomorrow with pics.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

I'm glad you decided that smoke tinting headlamps is not such a good idea because, well... frankly its not. I made that mistake years ago when I made smoked covers for my cars hl's. They lasted but a couple of days. I hated to see them go, especially after all the thought and work I put into them, but they just didn't make sense on my DD. The parallelogram idea though....? I'm gonna have to see that one.Since you've probably sanded through the thin polycarbonite layer that protects the Lexan lens, how do you plan to protect your headlamps lenses from crazing, cracking and yellowing now?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (06pvibe)

I think he plans on doing another extremely light coat over where he sanded it off to kind of blend it. Which is KINDA like what I did. I got poor results on mine tho, which is why I', redoing it and sanding it COMPLETELY off.
bassrocker032

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by bassrocker032 »

Here's the final product. I'm sticking with the tint now that I did this. Tell me what you guys think.
A Psycho Martyr

I'm not a fan of hard lines on paint, so it's not for me, but at least you can see now.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

These are just to hold me over until I get some projectors. Until then, I'm gonna rock these with halogen bulbs and halogen fogs. The light still is very broad on the road but the halogen will make it perfect along with the fogs. And it's about time we found something we like differently, lol
A Psycho Martyr

Quote, originally posted by bassrocker032 » And it's about time we found something we like differently, lol You plannin on having keithvibe do the projectors for you?
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Possibly. I've seen his and they look INSANE. I'm just curious of how much it'll run me.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Planning on making any turns? Or should I say no turns?I don't know, Man??? I say that's a fail. Lose the tint, please?
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

The turn signals are visible from the front still. I'm gonna keep the tint for now, but I will be getting whole new constructions soon. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. DO NOT BUY THE SPRAY AND PAINT YOUR LENS. IT'LL WILL JUST COST YOU MORE MONEY AND EARN YOU TICKETS. Back on topic, the outer layer of the lens is gone so soon they'll be cracking unless i'm lucky. I'll be getting whole new replacements soon so no worries.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

UPDATETook off fender accents, painted engine bay and bought some new hub caps. Got a big surprise in store for everyone as far as what I plan on doing to my car. Many people think racing can only be done on the street. I'm looking more at some dirt rally tracks. Next on the list of what i'm going to do is get rid of the tint on the headlights and get a racing seat for only my seat. My wife doesn't like the feel of racing seats and one day she'll get pregnant and she said she doesn't feel like dealing with a racing seat while she is......Anyways, tell me what you guys think.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

It SERIOUSLY looks better w/o those ghetto fender accents, Dude!! And you already know how I feel about the tinted headlights, so good choice there too. (You're learning. )The "wheel covers" I can take or leave, but they don't look bad. They will likely look better if/when you paint it as you stated on the other thread. (Blue/black)RE: hub caps only cover the center of the wheel, lugs and hub, and sometimes just the hub itself, hence the name.A suggestion: Before taking on off-road rallies in your DD/FWD car, try finding some local car clubs that offer on-road rallies first. It'll offer you some good slower speed experience at the sport.The Datsun (Yes, D-A-T-S-U-N) Z club in eastern New Jersey used to do these kind of events. I used to run my Volvo sedan and Civic HB w/them sometimes. Sometimes they ran at night (FUN!!!) and sometimes they ran during daytime (not as much fun for me.) They were helpful and fun. My ex was my navigator... especially since to this day I suck at navigation.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Here's a little update. It's been a while and i've been busy but here's how it looks. I've painted my glove compartment and the surroundings at the window controls white and i'm incredibly happy with how it turned out. But first, [ocs f my headlight tix and fog light deletes.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Here's a small fog light update. Had to keep myself busy and i like the look of the rectangular ones in the spot better than the round ones. Leave me some feedback. I should be getting some later tonight with the lights on. Next on my list now is fixing my headlights. I'll keep updating away.
CH@Dbee

Post by CH@Dbee »

dude....put the spray paint can down please (removed)!
2003 FROSTY WHITE PONTIAC VIBE GT
06pvibe

Re: (CH@Dbee)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »dude....put the spray paint can down please (removed)!Hey CB, he's one of yours (Georgia.) Maybe you could go talk to him in person and explain the errors of his ways?
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

guess the same goes for psycho too? I'm sry if I don't choose to keep my interior cement gray. Damn, does everyone have to say negative about just my car?
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Does kind of seem like they're after you... Just have to be thick skinned!
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

The White interior looks good and adds a nice accent to the finish!IMO a couple of Blue accents would go well with the wheel cover and floor mats!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

I've been thinking about what I could do blue to go with the floor mats but I'm still drawing blanks. And thank you for the compliment on the interior. When I get my exterior painted i'm going to get them to go over all the interior pieces to be professionally done. I'm still back and forth on blue car with black trim, roof, and hood, white car with black trim, roof and hood, or white car with white trim and black roof only like the scion tc's. Eith way i'm going with a black roof. I'm thinking of going with the blue theme I got so that way the interior being white will really pop. I also think AM rims look better with a darker bodied car with black accents. I'm still thinking though.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I think you went a *bit* crazy with all your fog light stuff but... I am a sucker for a painted interior. I think the white with blue accents is pretty awesome.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

lol, looking back I did put alot of unnecessary work into them if I'd just taken a day to plan it all out but I just wanted to not spend $50 on replacing the broken lens. I was also trying to figure out the best way to fill the hole where my AM fogs are now since my car came with one of the small things missing and the other with broken clips to hold it in place. I tried the round ones, but they just didn't do it for me, plus I was told that they were unsafe to use as fogs. I then moved my attention to fixing my stock ones since the AM round ones I had were to bright. I fabbed my own lenses that wouldn't melt and had an extra $20 credit when I took back the other "fogs" that were round and got the rectangular ones. I pretty happy with how it all turned out. Thanks for the compliments.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Soon to come:CF HoodBlack chrome rims with red lipPaint jobCAIDC HeaderCatback exhaustThrottle body spacerLowering springsPolk Audio 12" Sub Kicker 1200 watt ampkicker front and rear door speakersRacing seatsCustom interiorVibe all weather floor matslast but not least a superchargerMy new job has given me a little extra cash so im gonna mod while I can. Should have all this except supercharger within a couple of months. That'll be around june.
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Hey CB, he's one of yours (Georgia.) Maybe you could go talk to him in person and explain the errors of his ways? id help if i had any idea where rockmart is
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Me either, lol. I've got the replacement radio, and a nice 2 10 inch subs set up. Will have pics soon
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

wow. sorry to be a dirt bag but what a piece of art. this car needs some TLC. Have you taken a look at some of the other modded vibes for ideas?
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

please also find some wheels to replace those caps. look for some nice used 5x100 wheels. even scion tc wheels don't look too bad on the vibe.
bassplayaz06

Re: (mando7744)

Post by bassplayaz06 »

you've got a good start man. only vibe i've seen with a 2zz engine swap though. we should race sometime.
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483