Replaced Tire already!!!

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
AWDBLACKVIBE

Replaced Tire already!!!

Post by AWDBLACKVIBE »

A week ago I noticed a weird mark on one of my tires from a distance. As i got closer I realized that my tire had about a 1/4 inch deep, 1 inch long cut in the tire, exposing the steel belt. Not only that, it bent the hub cap and teh steel wheel. I brought it to discount tire and they got me 50% OFF a new contenintal tire and gave me a used tire that i could have until the tire came in. Well, by the time it came in, I had already put my 18 inch quatum tek's on. So, I got a new Continental on my spare set of tires. So much for non-namebrand products. Anyone else have any problems?
MATTSEATTLE, WAAWD Monotone BLACK VIBE
jeremyk

Re: Replaced Tire already!!! (AWDBLACKVIBE)

Post by jeremyk »

What the heck did you run over?
2003 Pontiac Vibe/Base (SOLD)2005 Saab 9-2X Aero2000 SV6501994 Dodge Stealth R/T TT (Modified to ~450hp)Factory Five A/C Shelby Cobra (75% Completed)
Aquasax

Re: Replaced Tire already!!! (AWDBLACKVIBE)

Post by Aquasax »

If it makes you feel any better.... Back in May, 23 hours after I picked up my car, my driver side rear tire blew out on my favorite of all roads - the NJ Turnpike! But after a quick change to the donut, I made it to a pontiac dealer where they plugged it for free. But it's been fine since then...
lordyogi

Re: Replaced Tire already!!! (Aquasax)

Post by lordyogi »

i picked up a screw last weekend, and when i took off the tire it looked a lot like there was already cracking and dry rot inside the tread, im gonna take it to the dealer next week to see about getting new ones. they should replace them for free since there are only 11k on em.yog
MagnaFlow ExhaustAEM CAI Windows Tinted 35% up front 20% rest17" Quantum Tek S-16 wheels w/ Dayton Daytona ZR performance rubber.Wish list:Eibach Lowering SpringsHotchkiss Sway BarsStrut Tower BarJL Audio Vibe GT Systembest time: 15.564@90.64dyno run : 162.1 wheel hptranslates to approx: 192 flywheel hp