SRI question

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
victorhasheart

SRI question

Post by victorhasheart »

Hey Everyone, Just was wondering. I am planning on buying a SRI soon. But I want to know which is the best rated short ram on here? Or any suggestions of what I should get. I have a 2003 GT
03' VibeGT. Rear Tinted Windows, Low-Pro Amplified Subwoofer (passenger seat), Drop in K&N Filter, Yellow Fog Light Bulbs, +MORE COMING SOON
BlueCrush

Re: SRI question (victorhasheart)

Post by BlueCrush »

-My #1 recommendation is the aFe Short Ram Intake - w/heat shield and pro Dry-S Filter-The Cosmo is good for the money (crappy filter's though)-The K&N is decent cot costs more but worth it-The Weapon-R Secret is another good one, but I don't care for their filters (foam) either.-E-bay SRI's are super cheap if you are on a budget but the aluminum tube walls are thin and are much louder then others, crappy filters too.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
victorhasheart

Re: SRI question (BlueCrush)

Post by victorhasheart »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »-My #1 recommendation is the aFe Short Ram Intake - w/heat shield and pro Dry-S Filter-The Cosmo is good for the money (crappy filter's though)-The K&N is decent cot costs more but worth it-The Weapon-R Secret is another good one, but I don't care for their filters (foam) either.-E-bay SRI's are super cheap if you are on a budget but the aluminum tube walls are thin and are much louder then others, crappy filters too.How is the sound on the aFe? also, why is it the best on your list? I really want something that will make my car roar , but also give me that extra push.
03' VibeGT. Rear Tinted Windows, Low-Pro Amplified Subwoofer (passenger seat), Drop in K&N Filter, Yellow Fog Light Bulbs, +MORE COMING SOON
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

The aFe sounds great and gives good gains! I like it because it has a nice heat shield. See Vibe Freak's thread: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=39297 for his review on it.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

and why SRI? why not CAI? more gains imo. well worth it.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »The aFe sounds great and gives good gains! I like it because it has a nice heat shield. See Vibe Freak's thread: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=39297 for his review on it.Hmm, can't see any of the photos. I'd like to see a shot of the unit with the heat shield installed in the engine bay to see if it's feasible for a modified use with the DD Performance manifold
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
victorhasheart

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by victorhasheart »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »and why SRI? why not CAI? more gains imo. well worth it.I really don't want to worry about hydrolocking.
BlueCrush

Re: SRI question (Herb)

Post by BlueCrush »

Here's some pics of one in a Corolla: I know there are other Vibes & Matrix's that have the aFe SRI, but the search engines will not search for anything less than 4 letters, so I can't search for aFe...
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Brian why dont you have that intake?
BlueCrush

Re: (northvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

I've had that one the past. Too loud for my virgin ears and makes my Vibe go too fast, gets me scurred. I have the TRD S/C intake tube. I'm more into quiet power in my old age. EDIT: OK, may just the quiet part...since I have no power...
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahah uh ohh dont ride in my car, its missing some cats
Toasted7

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Toasted7 »

Don't forget Injen... they make a killer intake. I put on on my mom's 03 Vibe and the sound it makes at idol is nice, but when you get on it... that sound is intoxicating. It's been on there since '03 and still works great.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
AKLGT

Re: (victorhasheart)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by victorhasheart »I really don't want to worry about hydrolocking.unless you're driving through a pool, you shouldn't have to worry about it. I had one on mine and drove in snow, ice, you name it. However, if flash flooding is a problem, then ya..
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Herb

Post by Herb »

Thanks Brian! I just couldn't envision how and where the heat shield would be installedNow I have to see when Dave can finish and test the short runner version of the DD intake manifold before I can see if that would work.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
victorhasheart

Post by victorhasheart »

where would be the best place to buy the aFe at?
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Ebay
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD