debadge poll

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
lovemyraffe

Re: debadge poll (xmasguy)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I like the look of a naked hatch, and the side badges where they are.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Keep 'em all!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I kept all mine (though it's an '09 so the badges are different), but I could see getting rid of the two badges on the side doors for a clean look.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

i debadged the hatch and passenger side door, kept the driver side
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

If you take all the badges off, very few people (other than us, of course) will know what car you drive!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
A Psycho Martyr

Re: debadge poll (star_deceiver)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I took mine off my hatch and will SOON take them of my doors, but I swirled mine and put one under the hood and one on the front bumper under the driver-side headlight (check garage). Soon to be one on the dash again as well. But as for the doors and hatch....bald is beautiful!
Blanco_Diablo

Re: debadge poll (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Took all mine off, added the third brake like decal...still there just stealth now Also have vibe emblems on the front seats.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I think the debadged look is great. For me, I saw it as a cheap way to clean up the look. After I removed the pinstripes & badges I was much happier with it.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Rear end does look cleaner debadged. I took the pontiac vibe gt badging out and looks pretty good Only thing is when I bring my car in to service (non dealer) they don't know what car it is lol
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

took off all factory badges, and replaced the doors with GXP the hatch with limited edition
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Sorry, I fail to see the why in debadging. I don't understand why you want to keep the car you drive a secret from others. If you like it, tell them what it is. Are you ashamed of it being a VIBE??I'm sure you'll find that owners of Maserati's, Rolls Royce, Bentley's, Corvettes and other high end cars do NOT remove their badges. They want people to KNOW what they are driving. (I'ms sure someone will find a photo to prove me wrong but as a general rule...)I'll leave my badges on and wear them proudly.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
KNINE

Re: debadge poll (djkeev)

Post by KNINE »

I just left the Pontiac arrow head, and removed the name badges. Personally, I don't like the name Vibe. I'm sure I'll get allot of crap for saying that, but it's true. Here come the torches and pitch forks.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
ponta2147

Re: debadge poll (K-NINE)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »I just left the Pontiac arrow head, and removed the name badges. Personally, I don't like the name Vibe. I'm sure I'll get allot of crap for saying that, but it's true. Here come the torches and pitch forks. I love the name Vibe! I bet it's for all the reasons you hate it.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I removed the PONTIAC VIBE GT badges from the hatch of my '09 GT. The arrowhead stayed because there are two little holes under it. My reason for removing the badges was to give the Vibe a cleaner look and to make washing and waxing easier. De-badging is a free, easy way to give a vehicle a cleaner, smoother look. In my opinion it has nothing to do with not beind proud of what you drive, it's about improving the look of the vehicle.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

The only badge I'll be taking off will be the dealership sticker! All others will remain as is. I'll be doing enough "very noticeable" electronic mods that will more than grab the attention of all other cars on the road. To those who do not really know the Vibe, my mods will appear "stock". But to all of us Vibers who know fact from fiction, well you'll easily pick mine from out of a crowd!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
AllWheelVibe

Post by AllWheelVibe »

So, what's the best way TO debadge? I bought mine at the end of December 2009, and really need to at least remove the dealer's badge. MAYBE the other ones. Anyone have a pointer to the best way to do this without damaging the hot metallic red paint? Thanks!!
A Psycho Martyr

Re: debadge poll (AllWheelVibe)

use heat or do it on a hot day. You can pull em off with your hands if you're careful not to break em (someone on here could use them) and then clean it up with adhesive remover or bug and tar remover. I was also informed by a friend at work who does v-dub stuff that he read how to do it easily...Get some strong fishin wire and basically run it behind the badge as if you were flossing. My brother tried it and said it went smoothly on his Tahoe.
07vibegxp

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by 07vibegxp »

walmart
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I did it myself using dental floss. Then, picked the residue off with my fingernails, then wiped it clean with Goo Gone. You'd never know they were there (of course, my 2009 was only a few months old).I left only the Pontiac red arrow symbol - one of the better looking for a car make IMO. I believe the 2009-10's are bolted on so there would be holes to deal with. I like 'em so it was not an issue.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
vibenvy

Re: (Kincaid)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by AllWheelVibe »So, what's the best way TO debadge? I bought mine at the end of December 2009, and really need to at least remove the dealer's badge. MAYBE the other ones. Anyone have a pointer to the best way to do this without damaging the hot metallic red paint? Thanks!!I used a hair dryer to heat the adhesive up a bit (just don't hold it over one spot for too long or you risk damaging the paint). I then used fishing line and a back and forth motion behind each little letter. You won't even need to go all the way behind each letter. They're so small, once you get about halfway behind it, you can just carefully pull it off the rest of the way with your fingers. Once all the letters were removed, I sprayed WD 40 liberally over the areas where there was adhesive residue and let it sit for a few minutes. Because your Vibe is still pretty new, you shouldn't need much effort to remove the adhesive residue. Just rub the adhesive residue with your fingers until it all comes off, than just wash and wax and it will be as if the badges were never even there .Quote, originally posted by Kincaid »I left only the Pontiac red arrow symbol - one of the better looking for a car make IMO. I believe the 2009-10's are bolted on so there would be holes to deal with. I like 'em so it was not an issue.Same here. The arrowhead badge on the hatch does have two little holes under it when removed. I personally LOVE the look of my de-badged '09 hatch :Before:After:
star_deceiver

Re: debadge poll (AllWheelVibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by AllWheelVibe »I bought mine at the end of December 2009, and really need to at least remove the dealer's badge. On a hot sunny day I peeled my dealer sticker right off, no tools but a hair dryer will suffice if summer heat is out of reach.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »On a hot sunny day I peeled my dealer sticker right off, no tools but a hair dryer will suffice if summer heat is out of reach.You're lucky. Mine was the same material that our license plate stickers are made of. They are made to not be able to be removed without being totally destroyed. It literally took me 3 hours to remove the dealer sticker from mine and another 3 hours to remove the same dealer sticker from my mom's. No matter what I did (hair dryer, sun, nails, WD 40, etc.) it would only come off in little tiny pieces. God my fingers were so sore after all that, but it was well worth it.Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »looks incredible Thanks !
vibolista

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by vibolista »

Must admit, the debadge looks really good on whatever that Pontiac car model you own is, J2.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Couldnt agree with you more. I originally wanted a Matrix becuase I thought it was the better styled, but the Matrix was more $$$ for what is essentially the same car. So I picked up the Vibe instead & debadged to clean it up.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
ponta2147

Re: (vibolista)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »Must admit, the debadge looks really good on whatever that Pontiac car model you own is, J2. It's the '09 GT and I agree that the new badge layout made a partial debadge look reallllllly good, especially on the silver (and another white one somewhere on here, I believe)
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »Must admit, the debadge looks really good on whatever that Pontiac car model you own is, J2. Thanks ! I have the GenVibe sticker so technically it's not totally void of a nameplate .
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Thanks ! I have the GenVibe sticker so technically it's not totally void of a nameplate .Technically its a DECAL. Not a emblem or sticker.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »sigh....should I?I think yours would look better if you at least took the vibe emblems off the doors, since you put the other decals on there already.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

PS.... thoughts on removing "pontiac" from the rear of the '09s (the word, not the logo) but keeping "vibe"?????? I just love the fact that our car has the name "vibe" and don't want to get rid of that, lol.
A Psycho Martyr

I like it. I think Moct people know a Pontiac when they see the Arrowhead, so leave the Vibe but lose the "Pontiac"Do it to it!
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I think yours would look better if you at least took the vibe emblems off the doors, since you put the other decals on there already. I think they would all look better if there were an easier way to get rid of the side molding... then the emblems/badges would also be removed from the sides or they would look silly just hanging there.But in general, and as my poll vote shows, I am not a big fan of the de-badged look on most vehicles. Selectively perhaps, but not completely.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »PS.... thoughts on removing "pontiac" from the rear of the '09s (the word, not the logo) but keeping "vibe"?????? I just love the fact that our car has the name "vibe" and don't want to get rid of that, lol.Nope !!! Keep them all on! Just MY thought Also that just happened to be my exact Vibe shown If I were ever to de-badge mine, there would still be ONE area on the hatch where the name is proudly illuminated .... I mean displayed ... I mean... OOOPPPSS I think I blew my secret Stay tuned .........................................
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ponta2147

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Nope !!! Keep them all on! Just MY thought Also that just happened to be my exact Vibe shown If I were ever to de-badge mine, there would still be ONE area on the hatch where the name is proudly illuminated .... I mean displayed ... I mean... OOOPPPSS I think I blew my secret Stay tuned .........................................Ahhh yes, the Red GT.... still my absolute favorite look on the '09s (don't let my car hear me say that though!)Know whose car I really want to debadge though (partially)? My husband's G6 GT Coupe. It says "Pontiac G6" on one side and "GT" on the other side... talk about asymmetrical! Totally bothers me, it could have just said "G6" and "GT" with the arrowhead in the middle.....
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Know whose car I really want to debadge though (partially)? My husband's G6 GT Coupe. It says "Pontiac G6" on one side and "GT" on the other side... talk about asymmetrical! Totally bothers me, it could have just said "G6" and "GT" with the arrowhead in the middle.....Don't want to hijack this thread, but here is what we did on my mom's 08 G6 GT sedan after we repainted it completly, including the lower rear valance and the lower skirts. We actually bought it wrecked and fixed it. A 1,5 year old G6 for less than 10 grands...My whole point is only to show what she wanted to do with the badges. I wanted to not put them back, but it's her car.
vibolista

Re: (1SC)

Post by vibolista »

Won't be long before a car with an arrowhead synbol stuck on it becomes a mystery to the younger set, since the brand Pontiac was relegated to the discard pile. But the look, especially on the '09/'10 is very clean without the badges on the rear hatch. Our old fashioned '03/'08 Vibes have the 'Pontiac' name chiseled in to the hatch handle/trim piece thingy. You only see it in a shadow of its former self.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »Our old fashioned '03/'08 Vibes have the 'Pontiac' name chiseled in to the hatch handle/trim piece thingy. You only see it in a shadow of its former self. Personally, I don't mind that. I kinda' like it actually, but it does make a completely de-badged look much more difficult as the individual letters would have to be filled sanded and painted.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »Won't be long before a car with an arrowhead synbol stuck on it becomes a mystery to the younger set, since the brand Pontiac was relegated to the discard pile. But the look, especially on the '09/'10 is very clean without the badges on the rear hatch. Our old fashioned '03/'08 Vibes have the 'Pontiac' name chiseled in to the hatch handle/trim piece thingy. You only see it in a shadow of its former self. Like these have become?or
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Vinlandr

Post by Vinlandr »

As Pontiac is now a defunct brand, its like driving a piece of history, they will stay where they are, maybe some grafx stickers on both emblems however to hide the salmon fade out.
Vibe base 2006 Neptune Blue Powerpack
A Psycho Martyr

Re: debadge poll (Vinlandr)

Quote, originally posted by Vinlandr »maybe some grafx stickers on both emblems however to hide the salmon fade out.Yeah, that is a PITA when you got a clean car with faded arrowheads
epcIII

Re: debadge poll (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by epcIII »

I took most of them off except the driver side door 'cause I just haven't got to it yet. The ones I have taken off still remain in the form of 'ghost' words on the paint, but you have to look hard to notice it.MOST importantly, I got the free advertising for the dealership off MY car.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I think the Pontiac Badge looks good, but plan on debadging my Trix. It looks much sharper without.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
epcIII

Re: (rmckinjr)

Post by epcIII »

I'm curious as to why this thread keeps bumping itself. The last post was on the 2nd, yet it was on top of the active topics before I typed this.
vibenvy

Re: (epcIII)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by epcIII »I'm curious as to why this thread keeps bumping itself. The last post was on the 2nd, yet it was on top of the active topics before I typed this.Every time someone votes in the poll on the first page, the thread gets "bumped" even if the person doesn't actually make a post to go along with their vote.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

So that's why that 'What's your Vibe's color?" thread kept being bumped, and I though it was an error, and I didn't want flak from anyone, so I deleted my post since it was the last one in the thread.
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Every time someone votes in the poll on the first page, the thread gets "bumped" even if the person doesn't actually make a post to go along with their vote.Umm... I knew that. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thanks J_TO_Envy, I didn't think about the poll doing that.
vibenvy

Re: (epcIII)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »So that's why that 'What's your Vibe's color?" thread kept being bumped, and I though it was an error, and I didn't want flak from anyone, so I deleted my post since it was the last one in the thread.Quote, originally posted by epcIII »Umm... I knew that. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thanks J_TO_Envy, I didn't think about the poll doing that. Glad I could clear that up for you two . It is kind of annoying until you realize why the thread is getting bumped, than you simply learn to ignore it .
jscherf92

Post by jscherf92 »

This bump is for real, haha.Im in the process of shaving the front arrow and the rear "pontiac" hatch inlaid logo from mine with some bondo and touch up paint, i might hate how it turns out but i did a photoshop mock and i liked it so we shall see! Ill be sure to post some pics of a completely badgeless vibe soon!And i understand the arguments for badges but I know what it is, and my friends know what it is, and i just love how clean a car looks without any branding on it.
JSCHERF92's 2005 Abyss Tein H.Tech SpringsBadge-less exterior w/tinted tails and 20% windowsSony/Alpine aftermarket sound systemRed LED interior/headlight/grill/underbody lights