2005 Front License Plate Holder

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
oolunchbox

2005 Front License Plate Holder

Post by oolunchbox »

As much as I don't want to ruin the asthetic of the Street Graffiti bodykit, I live in IL and having a front license plate is law (I've already been ticketed for not having one on my grand am 5 years ago). To avoid the hassle I want to get the license plate holder for the 2005 (i'm assuming it's different than the 2003/4 due to the difference in front ends). Does anyone have one they don't want/arent using or does anyone know the part # (I did check the list but it didnt specify wether or not it was '03/4 or '05).ThanksChris
'04 Base Vibe Monotone Shadow - Moon & Tunes - Power PackageGrafxWerx Decals:Replacement Badges - CHMSL 'Vibe' Decal - Bordered Front Arrowhead - Bordered VVT-i (on fenders)Megan Racing Strut Tower Bar - Mid-Spoiler - 18" Maxim Ahead Wheels - LED Dome, Map, and All Exterior Bulbs - Gas Hood Shock Dampers - Color-Matched CAI & Engine Cover - Dropzone 2" Lowering SpringsPlannedColor-Matched Mirrors - Projector Headlights
Pigs

Re: 2005 Front License Plate Holder (oolunchbox)

Post by Pigs »

Hey,Surely the dealership would give you one for free?If not, I live in arkansas and don't need one.I'll send you mine for free if you send me an email pigsbladder@gmail.comPigs
2005 Vibe Moonstonehttp://www.hi2u.usSchool of Rock > *
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I'm pretty sure LP holders are not free...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Pigs

Post by Pigs »

heh maybe not, but surely the dealership should have provided one seeing as they sold him the car...But hey what do I know...
Kari

Re: (Pigs)

Post by Kari »

He needs it because he's getting a body kit for his '04 that will basically make it have an '05 front end, I think...
GenVibe Global Moderator
Pigs

Post by Pigs »

Well I'd be happy to send him mine
AzFusionGT

Re: (Pigs)

Post by AzFusionGT »

Not free mind you, but I would've thought that the car would have come with a front license plate bracket from the factory. Both of my vehicles did, even though they were sent to a one-plate state. I think it should be standard issue on a new car. My Dad and I are having a disagreement about this very subject. I recently got a personalized plate for my Vibe, and was sent two of them. One went on the Vibe, while the other is in the house. He is convinced that I'll get a ticket for not displaying both plates. Although I understand the reasons for having two plates on a vehicle, I think having a front plate takes away from the beauty of the car, and I won't put it on.
2006 Saturn Vue Red Line -A Moose is on the Loose-1990 Toyota Camry LE-V6 - Katy the Camry -
ragingfish

Re: (AzFusionGT)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by AzFusionGT »Not free mind you, but I would've thought that the car would have come with a front license plate bracket from the factory. Both of my vehicles did, even though they were sent to a one-plate state. I think it should be standard issue on a new car. I have a better idea.Get rid of front plates. They're stupid and pointless and they ruin the look of the car.Then, nobody would need front plate holders.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Kari

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »I have a better idea.Get rid of front plates. They're stupid and pointless and they ruin the look of the car.Then, nobody would need front plate holders. Hear, hear! I'm not putting a front plate holder on mine, even if I have to have a front plate. I'll just zip tie it to the honeycombs on the lower grille.
GenVibe Global Moderator
AzFusionGT

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by AzFusionGT »

I agree with you 100%. As I see it with my twisted sense of logic, states would save $$ instantly if they only produced one plate. Their production costs would drop because of less material used. If they kept the same costs/fees for the plate, their profit margin would increase because of those savings on materials needed in production.
2006 Saturn Vue Red Line -A Moose is on the Loose-1990 Toyota Camry LE-V6 - Katy the Camry -
new05vibeowner

Re: (AzFusionGT)

Post by new05vibeowner »

I'm in a two-plate state, and the reason Ohio will NEVER go to one plate (like PA) is that our bright white reflective plates are the perfect target for the cops to aim their lasers at. Take away the plate, and you'd have to aim at the headlights. The words "revenue enhancement" are near and dear to the Ohio State Highway Patrol and many local departments. And, yes, I have been ticketed in the past for displaying only one plate. After the first ticket, I put the front plate on the dash, and was quickly warned that Ohio has a law regarding the "proper display of license plates," which seems to be purely subjective on the part of the officer.So now that I'm approaching forty and just don't want to be a bigger target than I am when I'm minding my own business doing 80 mph, the Vibe has two plates on it. It's just not worth the hassle when you least expect it.
Mods: 04 center armrest, 04 Matrix AM/FM/CD/Cassette, Electrochromatic rear view mirror w/compass, GM hood protector, Ventvisors on doors and moonroof, one-touch close moonroof. added 12v outlet in console, Goodyear TripleTred tires, Sirius satellite radio.
Sharpeye

Post by Sharpeye »

I just got robbed today. 21 bucks for the tag holder. Nowhere else has em but the dealer, and they don't come with the 2 screws! They are extra. I didn't ask for them or how much because I had just spent 21 effin dollars!I dont see where to drill the holes or what size or type screws. Any one installed one on an 04? Thanks!
The last new 2004 Vibe bought in Sumter, SC. (Dec 04)
OrangeGT

Post by OrangeGT »

I live in illinois too and have one of the easier colors to notice and i say the hell with them. How many vettes you see rolling around with front plates? I had a grand am too with no plate or bracket. If you don't like the way the plate looks don't put it on. I got stopped and you just have to be cool about it.

Attached files
2004 Vibe GTOrange Fusion MetallicMoons & TunesPower GroupXm
houseofbugs

Re: 2005 Front License Plate Holder (Sharpeye)

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by Sharpeye »I just got robbed today. 21 bucks for the tag holder. Nowhere else has em but the dealer, and they don't come with the 2 screws! They are extra. I didn't ask for them or how much because I had just spent 21 effin dollars!I dont see where to drill the holes or what size or type screws. Any one installed one on an 04? Thanks! Not to resurrect an old thread but I got naild for $80 on mine and NO SCREWS!!!!
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

No screws? I'd say you got royally screwed.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
PonchoGT

Re: 2005 Front License Plate Holder

Post by PonchoGT »

I got mine on ebay for $25.00 plus free shipping. New for 2009 Matrix XR (fits '09 Vibe GT perfectly). GM dealer wanted $50 for the same piece of plastic. Not sure about Toyota pricing, but possibly cheaper.