Lookin For Some Fresh Ideas 8)

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
A Psycho Martyr

Lookin For Some Fresh Ideas 8)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

So I'm definitely not disappointed in the look of my car by ANY means, but the functionability of my headlights is kinda gettin the best of me. It works for my area because evrything is kinda lit and there's no BUSY traffic really here....BUT it gets old when the car behind me at night is casting a Vibe shadow on the road in front of me.lol SO....I've decided that after the car show I'm puttin her in next month I'm gonna sand the headlights and fogs and maybe just do a yellow or blue tint. My question to you is. What should I do with the headlights and fogs?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

the colored tint is going to ruin your visibility. I would say take the oem's and retro fit them with projectors and HID's and paint the inside black or some other color.
waveresponder

Re: Lookin For Some Fresh Ideas 8) (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by waveresponder »

if you have the money buy a set of silverstar ultras for your headlights, the difference IMO is amazing. Although they have a tendency to burn out fast if you hit too many bumps, they have a replacement program that if they burn out in short time they will replace one set for free. IMO overlay film will cut down the visibility, and I've heard that if you want to see better in the rain/poor weather you should put yellow overlays on your fogs only. I have no experience when it comes to projectors or HID'salso just my opinion...newer vibe headlights have chrome housings and IMO because they are chrome or whatever I feel they are significantly brighter, versus if they were painted/modded black like the previous model
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Lookin For Some Fresh Ideas 8) (waveresponder)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Well I wouldn't be doing an overlay it would be spray tint. But I'm out on projectores for a while. I don't wanna get into anything high maintenance yet.
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

i am all in for a HID kit, 8k is amazing on the vibes! that is what i run on the vibe and its hella bright.the fogs will be goin to 6k when i can figure out why they dont work!
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

I would go with HID or Silverstars for your headlights and fogs. I can attest that there is a huge difference between stock bulbs and Silverstars (and not as expensive as HIDs). I would tint the fog lenses yellow or get some of the fog light protectors I've seen floating around on here (they come in yellow as well). I would leave the headlights clear, but get the tinted covers so you can remove them if needed in rainy/bad weather conditions/nighttime driving. I would then also search for the DRL Disable mod and that will give you the option to only turn on your headlights when you wanted them. You could leave them off during the day and the tinted covers would look sweet and then turn them on at night, with or without the covers installed. Just my opinion, but that's how I would go about a little change.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Thinking about getting some of this:http://www.lamin-x.com/Want to put it on my headlights and cut out the same shapes my plastic covers had (see sig).Lost a cover and now they are discontinued Figured this way I won't lose them again, and it doesn't restrict the light.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Yep, ordered from them... didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. Kept hitting them with e-mails. Finally got a reply that they had been discontinued. They didn't have the greatest communication, but I did get my refund, just no covers