hope no one has thought of this....

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
07vibegxp

hope no one has thought of this....

Post by 07vibegxp »

so i wanted to be unique and have a switch panel in the vibe that no one has done before.this is only a rough copy the edges are not perfect, and needs more sanding with a palm sander for the full smoked affect.the switches shown here are for my overdrive re-location and neon lighting( for when all neons are in and on the car)http://i651.photobucket.com/al...3.jpg
djkeev

Re: hope no one has thought of this.... (07vibegxp)

Post by djkeev »

So, doing this, where do you put your wallet and your tin of Altoids, curiously strong mints??Oh, I see you are a "smarties" guy!!Seems like a lot of space being "wasted" for two switches. Why not locate them to the left of the steering wheel where there are a couple of flat spots they can be neatly mounted on? I've actually got a switch I put into my armrest box for my iPod interface, out of sight, neat, clean.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

good for you.. atleast i am unique in where i put it. and i can fit 1 more there. and who cares where i put it.. its the cool factor.. guess you have nothing to say about it..and like most ppl i put my wallet in my back pocket...yea and i actually brush my teeth, so therefore no altoids needed thanks.
djkeev

Re: (07vibegxp)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by 07vibegxp »good for you.. atleast i am unique in where i put it. and i can fit 1 more there. and who cares where i put it.. its the cool factor.. guess you have nothing to say about it..and like most ppl i put my wallet in my back pocket...yea and i actually brush my teeth, so therefore no altoids needed thanks.Easy dude!I didn't say it was stupid, I didn't say it was poorly done, you posted a photo of a modification, why? Most likely to get feed back on it. You don't like my feed back, don't go attacking people!Would you rather I say "Wow!! that is fantastic, I never thought of that!! Cool, good work." Yet be totally lying? If so, accept this false opinion statement as my comment.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

yeah dude, chill. We're not here to attack you just giving feedback. Me personally, I like the idea of it, plus you could mount several more switches there, but for me I'm not digging the execution of it. If it's a protype, awesome, otherwise IMO it's lacking.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

neat lil project, heres a pic of what i did for my emergency lights, each is a lighted toggle switch, big red ones a master switch for all other switches, red tip one is master for my siren control panel, two green tips are for the led exterior warning lightsstill leaves a little bit of space too
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

thank you its not done, i am gonna have a finished one before the end of the month for sure and thats cool
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

um yea i got to agree with dave on this one... would have been way easier and cleaner looking if you just put them in the blank locations rather than where you did.But, as long as you like it rock on...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

i think i would have dedicated that space to a Smartie dispenser. it's more fun than just throwing a couple in the cup holder. Yum!
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
keithvibe

Re: (Zimm)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Zimm »i think i would have dedicated that space to a Smartie dispenser. it's more fun than just throwing a couple in the cup holder. Yum!^^^^^now your on to something there!
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Unique. The racing sports cars in years gone by were full of those types of switches on panels along the dash and the console area to fire up different systems, lights and electrical circuits. They were usually placed on machined metal or that rough flat black painted stuff (there's a name for it, but I can't come up with it at this moment!). If you could do the panel in some kind of metal... preferably in a dark color, it would look pretty cool. Hope you're gonna run that gold/copper looking wire under the flooring. It just needs a little tweeking.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

oh yes all wires are gonna be hidden, once i can get time. i like plexi glass, cuz i am gonna fully smoke it and install a red neon under it to glow thru
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by 07vibegxp »good for you.. atleast i am unique in where i put it. and i can fit 1 more there. and who cares where i put it.. its the cool factor.. guess you have nothing to say about it..and like most ppl i put my wallet in my back pocket...yea and i actually brush my teeth, so therefore no altoids needed thanks.I do not want to break your heart (Taio Cruz and Ludacris), but:1. Proper oral hygiene suggests that you brush your teeth at least 2 times a day, once in the morning and at night. Technically, one should after every meal. Now, there is nothing wrong with chewing gum or using mints to maintain a fresh smell or taste. 2. Placing your wallet in your back pocket actually leads to lower back problems. My wallet is in my front pocket. 3. You placing those smarties in a air freshener is not healthy either due to the chemicals involved. And to be honest, the switch install is in a bad location and looks like crap IMHO which goes along with your attitude. You have responded the same to members in the past and this is officially another warning. You are unique alright and not in a good way, grow up.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Ok, plexiglass, didn't think of that... with red neon under to produce a glow underneath. Not bad. You should be able to find smoked plexiglass, to save you a step. Pop some pictures of the project when you get it done.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

well i can find smoked plexi glass im sure, but then it takes the fun away lol. and you will prolly pay more. its so easy to do, as you see it is slightly smoked already, and thats just by hand, using a palm sander will give it a great effect. and i sure will, give it another 2 weeks
SmAshley

Re: hope no one has thought of this.... (waveresponder)

Post by SmAshley »

Love the placement of your switches waversponder they neat and tidy very nice djkeev - I use that spot for the "biggie' sized drinks, big gulps & slurpies ... altoids are in the lil cubbie on the left This is what I did with my led cup holder switch and sub control knob I never liked leaving coin out in the open so those lil coin slot things just aren't useful.. 07vibegxp - not bad what kind of neon colour and whats your layout plan?

Attached files
2003 Vibe - 5 Spd Stock mechanical for now... just you wait Sony Cxt710 Deck Infinity Reference Series - All 4 doorsPioneer Tweeters 10' Clarion sunk into spare tire unit in Hatch....MINT 300.1 Mono Channel Rockford Fosgate - running sub 200.2 Rockford Fosgate - running speakers
07vibegxp

Post by 07vibegxp »

07VIBEGXP is BEANZSL2 its just my laptop and my girls.lolanyways i wanna do a red strip placed underneith.the car is salsa, there is not many colours that go with it other then red
djkeev

Re: hope no one has thought of this.... (SmAshley)

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by SmAshley ».......djkeev - I use that spot for the "biggie' sized drinks, big gulps & slurpies ... altoids are in the lil cubbie on the left ..... No no no, the little cubbie on the left is for the tire pressure gauge, nail clippers, small flashlight and chapped lip stuff. Don't do soda very much, so no big gulp problems.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Bikerscum

Post by Bikerscum »

When I was a kid in junior high school, guess I was 14 or so, I made a set of foot pegs for my dirt bike in metal shop. (This was ~1973... I'm 51 now). They were AWESOME All steel, jagged razor sharp sawtoothed claws from hell that would grip the bottom of my boots & never let go. My peers were in awe. I was a metal shop god. They must have weighed 2 pounds each, half of that welding beads lol. They didn't fold like the stock pegs, so first tme down broke the mounting bracket off of the frame. Son, you will look back fondly on that post.