Gas tank filler tube

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
NovaResource

Gas tank filler tube

Post by NovaResource »

Can someone remove their gas cap and tell me if the opening of the filler tube has a flap that covers the hole at the top. Every car I've ever owned with has a small flap that gets pushed out of the way by the pump nozzle. The flap is to prevent gas from splashing out. My Vibe doesn't have one. I wonder if it's not supposed to or if it's fallen off and down into the tank.
Lori19

Re: Gas tank filler tube (NovaResource)

Post by Lori19 »

No flap here.
Lori Abyss,monotone,moon & tunes, power pkg
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

mine doesnt have one either
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
NovaResource

Re: Gas tank filler tube (ullbergm)

Post by NovaResource »

Cool. I was starting to worry. Thanks all.
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

no problemkinda related, has anyone tried the PermaCap?quote:PermaCap - The Permanent Gas Cap. Never remove it never lose it! No gas odors on hands! No twisting! No broken Nails! Fits most all cars with srew type gas caps! PermaCap has a unique spring flap for safe and easy dispensing of gas. Insert gas nozzle slowly through the spring flap. Reduces harmful fumes from escaping into environment. Lifetime warranty! Made in USA.
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
sharky

Post by sharky »

i dont have one, and until you said something i never noticed that.....I wonder if the matrix is the same way?
Top Speed 130mph
masonjl

Re: Gas tank filler tube (sharky)

Post by masonjl »

there's no flap on mine....must be a toyota thing.....ullbergm, would you really consider the perma cap????? seems rather fishy to me.....
Abyss (Black) GTPower and Moon & Tunes package.mods: headlight covers, rainguards, bugshield, Reflective Black Badge Covers, Eurolights Xenon bulbs (head & fog lights), Purple Cobra Eyes.mods soon: K&N filter, checkered flag graphics, tinting, purple neons, mods eventually: CAI, eibach lowering springs, rims & tiresmods before next millenium: SUPERCHARGER!!
ullbergm

Re: Gas tank filler tube (masonjl)

Post by ullbergm »

quote:ullbergm, would you really consider the perma cap????? seems rather fishy to me.....i probably wont get one unless someone else has tried it and likes it.i'm wondering if you wont spill *more* using the permacap..
cohocarl

Re: Gas tank filler tube (ullbergm)

Post by cohocarl »

quote:no problemkinda related, has anyone tried the PermaCap?I'm not too sure how the fuel system on the Vibe operates, but most newer vehicles require a tight seal on the cap, and I'm unsure if this product would hold pressure very well. I've been wrong before though.
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
ullbergm

Re: Gas tank filler tube (cohocarl)

Post by ullbergm »

quote:I'm not too sure how the fuel system on the Vibe operates, but most newer vehicles require a tight seal on the cap, and I'm unsure if this product would hold pressure very well. I've been wrong before though.i didn't know that.. i guess the permacap is a potentially bad thing then.. thanks
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

There was no flap on my 2008 or 2009 Vibes.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
L5K

Post by L5K »

I have heard that in the Vibe a loose cap can cause the engine light to come on.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
theragu40

Post by theragu40 »

Just wanted to post to say thank you to all in this thread. Had the same question on my '09 GT, was starting to worry that I snapped something off
zionzr2

Re: (L5K)

Post by zionzr2 »

Quote, originally posted by L5K »I have heard that in the Vibe a loose cap can cause the engine light to come on. Any car built after model year 1996 could throw an engine light if the gas cap is loose.Quote, originally posted by NovaResource »Can someone remove their gas cap and tell me if the opening of the filler tube has a flap that covers the hole at the top. Every car I've ever owned with has a small flap that gets pushed out of the way by the pump nozzle. The flap is to prevent gas from splashing out. My Vibe doesn't have one. I wonder if it's not supposed to or if it's fallen off and down into the tank.No flap on mine.