Brake Pedal noise

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
renate

Brake Pedal noise

Post by renate »

I have a 2008 Vibe with 11,000 miles and today the brake pedal started making a squeking noise.It does it even when the car is sitting without the engine on.As soon as my foot touches the pedal I hear a "squeak".I called the Stealarship but they want me to bring it in and sit for a few hours before they can look at it.No loaner car and I live pretty far from the nearest dealership.Does this sound like something that will get worse before it snaps and my brakes fail and I die or....??
Renate and "Babycakes"2008 Stealth/graphite VibeAuto tranny. 16" aluminum wheels,steering wheel cover,front seat covers,Sony stereo w/mp3 jack and satellite ready,Alarm system,proud parent of U.S.Marine magnet
ou.grizzly

Re: Brake Pedal noise (renate)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Get some lubricating spray and start hitting some cables and points that pivot.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lovemyraffe

Re: Brake Pedal noise (ou.grizzly)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Get some lubricating spray and start hitting some cables and points that pivot. Agreed. It probably is nothing to worry about. Just lubricate the pivot points and you should be fine.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
renate

Post by renate »

OK Thanks
Renate and "Babycakes"2008 Stealth/graphite VibeAuto tranny. 16" aluminum wheels,steering wheel cover,front seat covers,Sony stereo w/mp3 jack and satellite ready,Alarm system,proud parent of U.S.Marine magnet
vibolista

Re: (renate)

Post by vibolista »

Brake pads travel on little metal guides, and these guides can get road grit in them. That could cause your brakes to squeak. There's a special type of lubricant for them, and usually you would apply it when changing out worn brake pads for new ones. If you have a friend that has intalled brake pads before... get this friend to help you sort it out and elliminate the annoying squeak. Chase it down and get it fixed.Good luck!
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires