New/Custom Hubcaps?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
shawnothaninja

New/Custom Hubcaps?

Post by shawnothaninja »

So, I had an unfortunate incident that resulted in losing a hubcap on my car. I was thinking of just getting a stock replacement, but then I figured why not get something custom and cool?I have 16" wheels and was wondering if anyone knew of a good web site/store to find custom hubcaps. I've googled everything I can think of and haven't found anything that awesome. Anyone have some good references from experience etc??Thanks!
keithvibe

Re: New/Custom Hubcaps? (shawnothaninja)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by shawnothaninja » why not get something custom and cool?Thanks!lol IMO hubcaps and cool don't go hand and hand. Just don't get some spinners LOLJust do a google search and spend sometime looking.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
shawnothaninja

Post by shawnothaninja »

I get what you are saying, and i would totally go for some awesome rims rather than hubcaps but until i can afford that i hate my car looking like i got tires from a junkyard. So, no I do not want spinners. I am just looking for something clean and neat but not necessarily factory issued.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

OEM is always a nice way to go.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lovemyraffe

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I like some of the Matrix ones.Check eBay.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ou.grizzly

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »I like some of the Matrix ones.Check eBay. These are what I will be running on the 2009 during the winter:
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
leemur

Post by leemur »

I like my OEM's. From a distance the look like awesome alloys. Very thin runners
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013
kowell

Post by kowell »

May we interest you with a plastic spinner? All the cool kids are doing it!or perhaps a plastic skull?oooooh a teddy!Last one. These are actually the ones I am running on winter. It's not the prettiest thing but it's better than nothing at all.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I have to agree the factory Vibe caps look pretty good on my 03, but I can understand getting something different. Those 'Trix caps look pretty good!
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

hey, leemur, are those OEM Pontiac covers? 2010 GT or what?
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
leemur

Post by leemur »

They are the 09 hubcaps that I doctored with contact paper. I went to the hobby shop and bought the contact paper they use for airplane fuselages (thin plastic sheet with adhiesive backing). Then I just rubbed plain notebook paper over the hubcap area I wanted to get a template from. The paper ends up dented and you cut it out. I did the square-ish pieces and the triangle pieces. Perfected the template a bit and cut out the contact paper. I made them just a tiny bit smaller than the hubcap so there wouldn't be any overhang to peel away. There are lots of colors to chose from at the hobby shop, even checkers.
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...they look to be a "new" design because they're not like anything I've seen around here (Tucso, AZ)....are they unique to the 2009 GT?
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
vibolista

Re: (kowell)

Post by vibolista »

How about a pic of your caps on the car... must have your winters on by now, right? They look pretty good, and you might want to let everyone know where you got them, too. To me, any cap that covers the steel part of the steelies is a bonus! Especially since the steelies tend to rust so badly when used on salted winter roads.And it looks like OU.Grizz and I are running Toyota Matrix caps... but not the same ones (thanks Rit!). Now if I can only figure out how to delete that little hat design thingy in the center...
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
ou.grizzly

Re: (vibolista)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »And it looks like OU.Grizz and I are running Toyota Matrix caps... Correction, I am running Toyota Camry caps...
vibolista

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by vibolista »

OOOOPS, OU.! I meant to stop at 'Toyota' and not add 'Matrix'. Fingers gone wild on keyboard again. Where did you get Camry caps? Are we going to see them on the OUVibe... like in a picture?
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »OOOOPS, OU.! I meant to stop at 'Toyota' and not add 'Matrix'. Fingers gone wild on keyboard again. Where did you get Camry caps? Are we going to see them on the OUVibe... like in a picture? Snow Tires + Camry Hubcaps are going on the 2009 Jet Black Vibe... As for Frosty - we shall see... I plan on getting some more pictures and posting over the American Thanksgiving when if I decide to install the snow tires. As of right now in the Greater Metro Detroit Area, the temperatures are around 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Snows are not going on until it gets into the 30's for highs. And that does not include the 2004 Vibe we have... Need to slowly funnel money into that thing to bring it back to normal - darn thing is limping around on life support I feel.
leemur

Re: (Old Tele man)

Post by leemur »

Okay, I've been reading posts and think I have the skinny on my style of hubcap. They are only put on the 2.4 motor cars because the 2.4's use a bigger bolt pattern of 5-115 rather than the 1.8's 5-100 bolt pattern.So if you have a 03-08 car or an 09 1.8cc car they will not fit.That's the size (pun) of it!
vibolista

Re: (leemur)

Post by vibolista »

Quote, originally posted by leemur »So if you have a 03-08 car or an 09 1.8cc car they will not fit.That's the size (pun) of it!I think it's the re-size of it. A 1.8cc motor is mighty small (can anyone say, 'Shrinkage'!), even with the colder weather we have been seeing lately!!!!!
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I was just in K-Mart the other day and they had a nice six-spoke design. Probably only about $30 bucks or less for four.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
kowell

Post by kowell »

Quote, originally posted by vibolista »How about a pic of your caps on the car... must have your winters on by now, right? They look pretty good, and you might want to let everyone know where you got them, too. Here is the car with hubcaps. The car itself is pretty dirty but you can get a glimpse of the actual "cleaner" color if you look towards the front.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
BiggieBoy

Re: (leemur)

Post by BiggieBoy »

Quote, originally posted by leemur »I like my OEM's. From a distance the look like awesome alloys. Very thin runnersI have these hub caps on my '09 Vibe. They are the absolute biggest POS I've had on any car. Wait until you have to put air into your tires. The damned valve stem is impossible to get to because it's tucked away in a small opening on the hub cap. Note the valve stem opening on your photo (located at 5'o clock on your wheel). What a joke!!!!!!You think the morons who designed this hub cap would have put the stem out in the open like it's suppose to be.....
2009 Pontiac Vibe Red Hot Metallic, 2.4L w/5 speed auto., Sun & Sound Pkg., Preferred Pkg., A/C.2009 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD"If a man does his best, what else is there?"-- General George S. Patton Jr.
03VibeOttawa

Re: (BiggieBoy)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Quote, originally posted by BiggieBoy »You think the morons who designed this hub cap would have put the stem out in the open like it's suppose to be..... I was looking around for a set of these for winter. Yeah, looks like there's no way I could fit an air compressor nozzle into that tight "spoke" squeeze. What a design fault!?Thanks for pointing that out.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
vibolista

Re: (kowell)

Post by vibolista »

Better than OE caps, kowell. Look good! Less steelie poking through the smaller openings! Car looks great, don't worry about the dirt... eventually we will get some nice weather to clean our cars, next summer!
clark2334

Re: New/Custom Hubcaps? (shawnothaninja)

Post by clark2334 »

Hi guys!I was looking around to find some great ideas about hubcaps. Someone just stole it when i parked my car outside a restobar. those hubcaps mentioned here are all good looking Anyway, i'm thinking of getting this hubcaps (see below image)what do you think would be the best to have?Globe stock style hubcaps Baby Moon hubcaps