New member, I LOVE my Vibe!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
8ehappy

New member, I LOVE my Vibe!

Post by 8ehappy »

I never knew how many others love their Vibe. I thought it was just me! Seriously (I love it so much) I talk to "her" (no name though). I plan to keep her until she is ready to be replaced, and plan to purchase another Vibe. I have not modified my car, like others (though it is a hobby that sparks my interest, and seeing pictures here, I do wish my car looked cooler). I'm female so the only modifying I have done are window tints, and new stereo/speakers : ).Who else loves their Vibe? Car talkers/namers?Off topic: Is it worth getting a rubber cap for the stick that holds the hood up? The rubber cap ripped and the stick is in the hole rubbing against the car. Sorry, I don't know what the parts are called.
2003 Neptune Blue/automatic/base
bull77

Re: New member, I LOVE my Vibe! (8ehappy)

Post by bull77 »

Welcome to Genvibe -- you won't find anyone here who likes their vibe...all haters Quote, originally posted by 8ehappy »Off topic: Is it worth getting a rubber cap for the stick that holds the hood up? The rubber cap ripped and the stick is in the hole rubbing against the car. Sorry, I don't know what the parts are called. something something......
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

HI !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by 8ehappy » I plan to keep her until she is ready to be replaced, and plan to purchase another Vibe. Good luck with that! Maybe the Matrix will still be around.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
jasony0423

Post by jasony0423 »

I love mine, too.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Welcome! What year Vibe?
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
BiggieBoy

Post by BiggieBoy »

Hi and welcome.....
2009 Pontiac Vibe Red Hot Metallic, 2.4L w/5 speed auto., Sun & Sound Pkg., Preferred Pkg., A/C.2009 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD"If a man does his best, what else is there?"-- General George S. Patton Jr.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Welcome! You will find many Vibe lovers here.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ajb812

Post by ajb812 »

Welcome! I can definitely agree, I love my Vibe as well!

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Jet Black Metallic
GenVibe Garage
L5K

Post by L5K »

Welcome. To help you with your question about the hood... The plastic piece on the end of the prop rod was broken when I got my car, and the plastic "bushing" thing that fits in the mounting hole for it in the fender was really worn out. I opted to get a set of aftermarket hood shocks designed for the Matrix. http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=2 Since you haven't modified anything, there's a great place to start! lol Be careful though, you can't stop once you start....The only downside is that it cost about 50 bucks and I'm sure you could get the other pieces cheaper from a junkyard or something... But again, welcome.ALSO though, These kits work on 03-08 Vibes, but I am unsure about the 09 and later models so if yours is an 09 or later I wouldn't recommend trying it.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
8ehappy

Post by 8ehappy »

Thank you, thank you for all the welcomes.
2003 Neptune Blue/automatic/base