Gold panning trip in the hills of Tennessee with the Vibe

Share your photos, discuss your camera, get advice or request "Photoshop" assistance.
epcIII

Gold panning trip in the hills of Tennessee with the Vibe

Post by epcIII »

I went on a little gold panning trip to Coker Creek, TN this week. Yup, that's right, Tennessee. Some of the first gold rushes in the States were in TN, GA, and NC in the 1820's and 30's. You won't find much without a sluice, but since I can't drive to CA or AK for a quick getaway, it's still fun to go. Here's some pics:Camp site at Doc Rogers Field: Slept in the Vibe cause I don't have a tent. Pretty comfy! My little operation: First color of the trip: I'm rich!:
BadBrew

Re: Gold panning trip in the hills of Tennessee with the Vibe (epcIII)

Post by BadBrew »

That's the kind of weekend I'd love to spend!
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
808 Vibes

Re: Gold panning trip in the hills of Tennessee with the Vibe (BadBrew)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Oh COOOOOOOOL! I'd love a trip like that...
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

looks like a fun weekend. TN is gorgeous if you know where to look. I dig your Vibe's color, by the way. Forget what it's called, but kind of rare, right?
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Kari

Re: Gold panning trip in the hills of Tennessee with the Vibe (bodhi_tree777)

Post by Kari »

It's Envy Green.
GenVibe Global Moderator
bodhi_tree777

Re: Gold panning trip in the hills of Tennessee with the Vibe (Kari)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »It's Envy Green. ah, the irony. Well, I envy it.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
epcIII

Re: Gold panning trip in the hills of Tennessee with the Vibe (bodhi_tree777)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 » Forget what it's called, but kind of rare, right? Yeah, I think they only made it in 2003 cause it wasn't a popular color, but I love it.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Did Tennesse last year for xmas & it was beautful! Had a great time there. The Vibe got some great mileage with a full load. I was pretty impressed.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Houston

Post by Houston »

The 2003 Vibe the dealer let me take for a day when I was thinking about buying a Vibe was that color. The only Envy Vibe I've ever seen was that one.I'd love doing what you did in Tenessee!
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
epcIII

Re: Gold panning trip in the hills of Tennessee with the Vibe (Houston)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »I'd love doing what you did in Tenessee! It's so much fun, I really can't wait to go again! There's gold to be found everywhere--even Michigan: http://www.dayooper.com/MichiganGold.htm.
455SD

Post by 455SD »

Hey,This looks like a good way to take a summer vacation! Where at in TN did you go?Wife and I have spent the night in our '03 Vibe too. It's amazing how much room there is in one of these cars. Great color....if you ever decide to sell, let me know I'm looking for an automatic Envy for my wife. Would match up well with my 5spd Envy.
EnvyGreen03
epcIII

Re: (455SD)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by 455SD » Where at in TN did you go?I went to a place called Coker Creek, TN. Beautiful area!!!! There's a little camping place near the creek and it's free. It's actually in part of the Cherokee National Park. Quote, originally posted by 455SD »...if you ever decide to sell, let me know I'm looking for an automatic Envy for my wife. Would match up well with my 5spd Envy.Sorry, but I'm keeping this puppy till it croaks!
455SD

Post by 455SD »

Understand why you want t keep it. Great color & great car! Thanks for the info on the location.
EnvyGreen03