1st Generation Vibe Cargo Cover?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
petervivian

1st Generation Vibe Cargo Cover?

Post by petervivian »

Hi, all. I have been looking for a cargo cover since I got my 1st generation vibe. I usually leave some staff on the vehicle overnight, so a disguise cover will be helpful. Also a cargo cover can reduce the volume of air that the A/C needs to cool down. The cabin may cool down faster during short trips. Though I’ve read several posts, and very nice homemade covers were built. I haven’t tried to build one yet. Today I saw a 05 vibe listed on e**y. The cargo cover in this car seems to be an original manufacturer part, any idea on where to find a cover like this?

Attached files
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
petervivian

Re: 1st Generation Vibe Cargo Cover? (petervivian)

Post by petervivian »

Attached files
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
prathman

Post by prathman »

First thing is to check whether you might already have one. Check in the wide but short storage compartment directly behind the back seats (it's just visible in the 1st picture you posted).Otherwise any dealer should be able to get one, but you can probably find someone here who'll sell you one for less.
L5K

Re: 1st Generation Vibe Cargo Cover? (petervivian)

Post by L5K »

You also might look at junkyards. If they have any Vibe's they might have one of these still in one. Plus if they don't, you can always find other stuff you might need too.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
bull77

Post by bull77 »

post a wanted ad --- i sold mine on here since I never used it...in fact most people don't b/c its not great...btw -- is that paint pealing by the rear hatch?