2009 vibe bluetooth solutions?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
rcracedriver

2009 vibe bluetooth solutions?

Post by rcracedriver »

I'm looking for a system to integrate my on star hands free calling to connect with my phone's bluetooth. My wife has a 2009 Saturn Aura that uses the bluetooth for phone and I want the same kind of integration (although the steering wheel phone button is not on the vibe, I would like it to work with the mirror button). Is there a solution that will work with the 2009 Pontiac Vibe and maintain the vehicle's warranty and onstar system (minus the onstar hands free calling)? Also, is there a bluetooth system go beyond that to connect to stereo bluetooth "A2DP" phones? Alternatively My phone has a has a standard mini USB port (and no stereo jack) so I don't know if there's something to work with that in lieu of stereo bluetooth.
rcracedriver

Re: 2009 vibe bluetooth solutions? (rcracedriver)

Post by rcracedriver »

anyone? you'd think that this would be a good topic for discussion
motbooz

Post by motbooz »

Try this:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...76280Handsfree for $60 bucks. It's a little noisy (in other words, it picks up cabin noise), but otherwise works really well.Enjoy
rcracedriver

Re: 2009 vibe bluetooth solutions? (motbooz)

Post by rcracedriver »

thanks, but i i want better integration. Ideally, I'd like to modify the system to work using existing onstar mic and radio integration like the way it works for onstar hands free calling. Bluestar might be an option but I'm not sure I want to disable Onstar to do it.
VAILMTNVIBE

Post by VAILMTNVIBE »

I just bought a 2009 Vibe GT. I was dissappointed to learn I could no longer add the car on my Verizon family share plan. I guess they are not taking new accounts after July 31st 2009. (I picked up the car Aug 4th). I would think since legislation about cell use is popping up everywhere this should become popular question.
MechaBouncer

Post by MechaBouncer »

I've been looking into the same thing for my 2009 Vibe GT. Little Bluetooth headsets just don't cut it for me anymore. I could go the route of no integration and just get a little Bluetooth receiver that connects to the AUX jack, but I'd much rather have it integrated with either Onstar or my sound system. It's a shame that the Vibe is one of the few 2009 models to get the shaft when it comes to Bluetooth over Onstar. Especially when the Matrix gets it thanks to its radio. The question I have is whether it would be better to try and find something that replaces the Onstar or look for a different radio receiver? I'm leaning more towards the radio because I want to try and find a HD radio receiver that has it that will hopefully integrate with the steering wheel controls and Onstar interface (and A2DP support would be an awesome bonus). Besides, I'm not finding a Bluestar unit for the 2009 Vibe anyway. Would one for the Matrix work? This was the closest I found:http://www.cartronics.com/Toyota.htmlDoes anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Current: "Phoenix" 2009 Vibe GT in Red Hot Metallic
Previous: "Sonic" 2003 Vibe in Neptune Blue
ou.grizzly

Re: 2009 vibe bluetooth solutions? (MechaBouncer)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by MechaBouncer »I've been looking into the same thing for my 2009 Vibe GT. Little Bluetooth headsets just don't cut it for me anymore. I could go the route of no integration and just get a little Bluetooth receiver that connects to the AUX jack, but I'd much rather have it integrated with either Onstar or my sound system. It's a shame that the Vibe is one of the few 2009 models to get the shaft when it comes to Bluetooth over Onstar. Especially when the Matrix gets it thanks to its radio. The question I have is whether it would be better to try and find something that replaces the Onstar or look for a different radio receiver? I'm leaning more towards the radio because I want to try and find a HD radio receiver that has it that will hopefully integrate with the steering wheel controls and Onstar interface (and A2DP support would be an awesome bonus). Besides, I'm not finding a Bluestar unit for the 2009 Vibe anyway. Would one for the Matrix work? This was the closest I found:http://www.cartronics.com/Toyota.htmlDoes anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!Did you ever find out if this will interfere with XM and OnStar with the stock head unit?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
MechaBouncer

Re: 2009 vibe bluetooth solutions? (ou.grizzly)

Post by MechaBouncer »

Unfortunately I haven't found anything. I've been waiting to hear back from someone around here, but that hasn't happened. I'm about ready to give up on the idea and just look at getting a bluetooth receiver with noise canceling and a headphone jack and just connecting it to the AUX jack on the radio. It's the least hassle, but doesn't offer any integration.
ou.grizzly

Re: 2009 vibe bluetooth solutions? (MechaBouncer)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by MechaBouncer »Unfortunately I haven't found anything. I've been waiting to hear back from someone around here, but that hasn't happened. I'm about ready to give up on the idea and just look at getting a bluetooth receiver with noise canceling and a headphone jack and just connecting it to the AUX jack on the radio. It's the least hassle, but doesn't offer any integration.Did you try emailing the company?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
MechaBouncer

Re: 2009 vibe bluetooth solutions? (ou.grizzly)

Post by MechaBouncer »

No. I haven't had a chance to.EDIT:I just ended up giving up on this idea for now and went out and bought a Jabra SP700 Bluetooth speakerphone with FM transmitter and will make do with it for a while. I'm broke monetarily and my old headset is physically, so I needed something ASAP and it was cheap and readily available. It's better than nothing, but I may still look into getting something properly integrated later on.