Transformers 2

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
VforVIBE

Transformers 2

Post by VforVIBE »

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/0...n-clo/Quote »OK, we admit it. We went a little bit overboard in the six months (maybe a year) leading up the Transformers movie. It's hard for us not to love a movie that includes a Mustang vs. Camaro battle scene and a seriously bad-(removed) Optimus Prime. If you were with (the few of -Ed.) us panging in anticipation of the first Transformers movie, you'll appreciate the fact that Michael Bay already has a countdown to the second installment of what will likely be a long-running movie franchise. According to Mr. Bay's countdown to Transformers 2, the date to remember is June 26, 2009. That's about 470 days from now, which will give us plenty of time to start stalking begging Bay to throw in a Camaro vs. Mustang vs. Challenger battle to the death. It does scare us that the movie arrives closer to the (supposed) launch of the Chevy Volt. We're really excited about the car, but if one of the Autobots has to plug in the middle of a fight scene, we'll be pissed.Who's ready?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

I am!
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

470 days...gonna start etching x's in the wall.... can't wait
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Mavrik

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by Mavrik »

with as tight lipped as they were in the first one... any info on the second?I'm ready!
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Whelan

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by Whelan »

I heard since one of the guys who helped create the first one may be working on another film, the date may get pushed backed even further.The reason the first one took so long was because they had to work on and get the technology and design madeup to do the transforming and such with the huge robots in the film. Now that they have the template it should take less time.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

should be a great movie no matter when it comes out..loved the first one
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

First one was great, definitely see the 2nd.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

can't wait gonna start counting down with my lil sticky pad on vista
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
NascarXprt

Re: (Raivis)

Post by NascarXprt »

ive been ready since the first one and already knew they were doin a second one if the first one went well. now i want to see whos goin to be in the second one (transformers, not humans)
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
VforVIBE

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »with as tight lipped as they were in the first one... any info on the second?They are actually going to be sneaky with this one, we'll see if it works...Quote »Michael Bay Vows to Spread False Transformers 2 NewsApparently, Michael Bay is taking action to combat the early leakage of vital Transformers 2 inside information. After the leaked production photos and concept work for the first transformers movie, Bay has decided to take a proactive stance in regards to the sequel, set to be released in June 2009. Here’s the scoop from the man himself:“One thing I do know is I know how to screw them up more… We’re going to leak a lot of false information all over the place. I now know their game. They’re going to get a lot of script treatments that they think are going to be the script. They will never see the script. We’ve got scripts and treatments written up that we’re going to leak. No one’s going to know. There’s one out that’s fake right now. There are going to be many others.”So what does this mean? Well, it means the Transformer 2 treatment you bought off ebay is probably a phony.http://www.transformerstwo.net/
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
VforVIBE

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by VforVIBE »

Bumblebee... that you? videohttp://jalopnik.com/395991/vid...-nose
NibCrom

Post by NibCrom »

I already called into work sick.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

i heard they are using a MS3 and it takes over earth.
Kamikaze

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »i heard they are using a MS3 and it takes over earth.Yeah, that was one of the false rumors... They already owned up to that one was fake...I'd tell you what the real script is... but then I'd have to kill you...
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
yotatrix

Post by yotatrix »

July of 09 can't wait
Lancer

Re: (yotatrix)

Post by Lancer »

Transformers 2: Revenge of the FallenBringing back the whole cast from the first movie for the June 26, 2009 release.Check out some pics here: http://videoeta.com/news/2528
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
yotatrix

Post by yotatrix »

my bad 6/26/09
northvibe

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Kamikaze »Yeah, that was one of the false rumors... They already owned up to that one was fake...I'd tell you what the real script is... but then I'd have to kill you...speed3 called says you should tell her she doesnt care what the consequences are.
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Hmm, I can't wait either. If it is really getting shot in bethleham right now, thats like 30 minutes away... XD
darcmater

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by darcmater »

I must be the minority I thought the transformer movie was alright but it didn't live up to my expectation. I am not sure what that was, I probably would have been happy with them just making over the original movie. I guess my issue is that other than it having transforming robots, with soem fo them having similar vehicle concepts and names I really didn't feel they took enough lore from the original shows. The fight sequence at the end was nice of the new movie but it would have been nice to see more robot fighting through out the whole movie.
bull77

Re: (darcmater)

Post by bull77 »

new teaser pics onlinehttp://movies.yahoo.com/photos...tills

Attached files
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

i can't wait!!! *drooling*
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Whelan

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Whelan »

OOOOOOOOOOOO cant wait!!!!!!!!!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Mrizzle05

Re: (Whelan)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

Noiiiiiiice!
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
Herb

Post by Herb »

Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

This is gonnna be awesome! I just really hope that they don't ruin it like a lot of other sequals people make...
NascarXprt

Re: (Herb)

Post by NascarXprt »

new link for trailer videohttp://www.tfw2005.com/transfo...66714/
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

looks REALLY good.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
tribalman

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by tribalman »

i saw trailer in the bowl (the 30 minutes i watched), i can't wait. i'm curious as to who that big one was that destroyed the bridge and was tossing Prime around. (rethorical, i'll find out when i watch the movie. i'm trying to avoid spoilers. i already know about jazz. it's cool but i wish it would be a surprise when i was watching the movie.)
None. Vibe is gone.
Herb

Post by Herb »

Guess we'll have to rely on Apple's site, it looks clearer there anyways:http://www.apple.com/trailers/...allen/
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
tribalman

Re: (Herb)

Post by tribalman »

thank you for that! i DL'ed the HD one. looks soo purty
None. Vibe is gone.
NascarXprt

Re: (tribalman)

Post by NascarXprt »

that thing that wrecked the bridge and tossed prime around like a rag doll was a constructicon, name unknown.now you can see in the background two more bots, not sure as to who they are, but look in the center of the screen above the roof of the R8 in the smoke. can anyone take a wild guess as to who this character might been
Mavrik

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by Mavrik »

man did the commercial ever look good. I can't wait.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
VforVIBE

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by VforVIBE »

The 2009 Vibe made it on the silver screen!!! did anyone spot it?The movie was AWESOME by the way!
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »The 2009 Vibe made it on the silver screen!!! did anyone spot it?The movie was AWESOME by the way! My wife rolled her eyes because I got really excited when I saw a vibe.I liked the movie, I think I like the first better, but I don't think the 2nd one is bad.
tribalman

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by tribalman »

i saw the 09 too and pointed it out to my friend.it was pretty good, just too many meat-bags. i can't wait for the 3rd movie and the dino bots! or the beast machines! dino bots were an idea that were tossed around for this movie but were decided to be put in a later film. also, i felt like the twins didn't really fit in and should have looked more like 'Mater cause they sure sounded and acted like him.
None. Vibe is gone.
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

I thought it was crap-tastic. The only good part was Megan Fox and the fight scenes. That opening scene with Megan Fox....oh my lord.
tribalman

Re: (Amtron)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Amtron »That opening scene with Megan Fox....oh my lord.i know, right?! that is wholly the wrong way to paint a bike. if she was using pressurized air at that close range and angle with wet paint it would wreck it.
None. Vibe is gone.
Kamikaze

Re: (tribalman)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »i know, right?! that is wholly the wrong way to paint a bike. if she was using pressurized air at that close range and angle with wet paint it would wreck it. Seriously, I was thinking the same thing!
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I did get a lil excited when I seen the 09 VGT, but i REALLY got excited when I seen the Concept COrvette again!!!!!!!!!!! It's been so long since I seen it that I totally forgot about it!! AFA the movie is concerned, I thought it was fraking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
NascarXprt

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by NascarXprt »

I Loved it! though i am a wee bit late posting it.and i noticed the VGT before the movie came out
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Saw it over the weekend. Megan Fox was a great sight, fight scenes were great but there wasn't much of a plot behind it.
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

I just saw it 3 hours ago. Great movie. I always loved the thought of transformers when I was a kid. This movie had a ton more action in it and they made Optimus Prime more bad *** (which he needed, major disappointment in first one) I was drooling the whole time they slowed Meghan Fox's running. =D I thought the plot was pretty good and the new bots were AWESOME!
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I just saw it and (removed) was THAT... The movie went so many different directions, it just didn't make any sense to me... It was more like watching the TV show I guess... But really, did anyone notice the "oddities" like the huge bot crawling up the perimid(sp?)? Did anyone happen to notice the shot of the BALLS, I mean seriously.. it shows 2 large metal balls hanging between it's "legs" WTH... There where so many things that happened like that I was in shock/awe mode... I lauged more at the strange things going on than I did the move.. And WTH was with the "brothers" I mean SERIOUSLY.. How about the Pot commercial, when the mom eats the brownies and then FLIPS OUT... at first I though they were sending a halfway decent message, then she FLIPPED OUT, made a total *** ofr herself and sent the message that people who eat pot will flip out... (removed)... I sure hope the 3rd is better, because it seemed like one long commercial..
Kevzaz

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »I just saw it and (removed) was THAT... The movie went so many different directions, it just didn't make any sense to me... It was more like watching the TV show I guess... But really, did anyone notice the "oddities" like the huge bot crawling up the perimid(sp?)?They were all trying to get to the thing that will destroy earth because thats the Decepticon's goal. Did anyone happen to notice the shot of the BALLS, I mean seriously.. it shows 2 large metal balls hanging between it's "legs" WTH... I believe that was for comic relief... There where so many things that happened like that I was in shock/awe mode... I lauged more at the strange things going on than I did the move.. And WTH was with the "brothers" I mean SERIOUSLY.. The twins? I thought they were very funny. How about the Pot commercial, when the mom eats the brownies and then FLIPS OUT... at first I though they were sending a halfway decent message, then she FLIPPED OUT, made a total *** ofr herself and sent the message that people who eat pot will flip out... (removed)... They were trying to get the college life theme out there, and sadly, pot is one of them. And I never witnessed anyone eat pot, but I am pretty sure that will be close to the reaction.I sure hope the 3rd is better, because it seemed like one long commercial..Commercial? Responses in bold.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I wasn't impressed. I did notice the balls, how could you not see those? I found the twins quite annoying (still trying to figure out what cars they were).
NascarXprt

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by NascarXprt »

the twins are the 2008 Chevy Trax concept(Mudflap)(the orange one) and the 2011 Chevy Spark/2007 Beat concept(Skids)(the green one)Beat: Trax:
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Parts I liked (besides megan fox): Devastator was done fairly well, Laughed my face off at the "balls", Frank Welker's Dr. Claw voice! And the simple fact that they didn't screw-up Soundwave.Dislikes: None.... it's a Michael Bay movie, you (should by now) know what to expect!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Mavrik

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by Mavrik »

If you didn't notice the balls, you were not watching the movie. The characters in the movie even mention it. Come on one big transformer with a set of wrecking balls? LOLIt was an ok movie. Way to many robots. Like the cycle ones? who are they, where did they come from and where did they go? They popped in and out of the scenes.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Maybe they were the Go-Bots. IIRC, there was an actual episode or movie where the GO-Bots and the Transformers were in it together. Could have just been a childhood fantasy inbedded in my head though.