SEAFOAM VACUUM LINES

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
kharam

SEAFOAM VACUUM LINES

Post by kharam »

Please show me a picture or diagram (of the hose) so I can finally go ahead and seafoam my 05 vibe safely. Thanks.
kharam

Seafoam Vacuum Lines

Post by kharam »

Please show me a picture or diagram (of the hose) so I can finally go ahead and seafoam my 05 vibe safely.Thanks.
djb383

Re: SEAFOAM VACUUM LINES (kharam)

Post by djb383 »

I just wouldn't think your '05 Vibe could possibly be carboned up enough to need a direct shot through a vacuum line. EFI engines run very lean and clean. Just pour the Seafoam into the gas tank. That way you don't risk fouling the spark plugs. Also, if you go through a vacuum line, the fuel injectors don't get cleaned. By going through the fuel tank, everything gets cleaned.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
djb383

Re: Seafoam Vacuum Lines (kharam)

Post by djb383 »

Pour it directly into the gas tank. That way, everything gets cleaned, including the fuel injectors. Going through a vacuum line is for old school nasty carbureted engines.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

To add to 383's post, it's an 05... The only real sludge build up you might have, would only be due to you not changing the oil ever.. lol.. I mean it's 4yrs old.. If you've done everything WRONG, you shouldn't need to perform that depth of clean... You would be better off putting it in the tank as above, or just using it on something else and throwing a bottle of Cheveron Techtron in and calling it a week.. I'm curious, why do you feel you need this to begin with? is the car acting funny? gas mileage down?