JVC KD-A605: Opinions?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
FyreMark

JVC KD-A605: Opinions?

Post by FyreMark »

Hi guysA local car audio shop is offering free installation for the JVC KD-A605 headunit. Was wondering if anyone knows the pros and cons of running this unit or JVC in general. It's going for $199 CDN + taxes + cost for custom parts. I just like it because it has the USB port so I can stop using CDs and just plug in my 16gb USB drive. I don't need mind blowing sound quality either.. just something that offers a good bang for you buck. What do you guys think? Is it a good price?TIA!
BlueCrush

Re: JVC KD-A605: Opinions? (FyreMark)

Post by BlueCrush »

That is the same as the one that I just installed except mine has the built-in HD Radio tuner. See my thread here: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=37490The one you are looking at:The one I bought:I love mine. The sound is awesome. Love the HD radio. Haven't had a chance to use the USB port or the iPod options yet.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
FyreMark

Re: JVC KD-A605: Opinions? (BlueCrush)

Post by FyreMark »

Wow good job on the install. I don't think I'd be able to do it myself.Sounds like it's a great product. How much did you get yours for? My local audio shop emailed me back and the total will be $270 CDN installed which is about $242 US. Good price or no?
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I paid $168USD for the Unit and $30 for the Scosche to install it myself. So, $198 USD total.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
FyreMark

Re: JVC KD-A605: Opinions? (BlueCrush)

Post by FyreMark »

Hmm, I suppose it would be worth it to get it professionally installed since I would be totally lost if I did it on my own. Even comes with a 2 year warranty.My mind is made up. Thanks BlueCrush!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Cool! Post pics when it's done!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

That's a sexay head unit you got there.... lol....
FyreMark

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by FyreMark »

^^Very hahaWill definitely post pics. Just set up an appointment for Tuesday. Thanks again!
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

naw i'm serious, that'll look sexy in the dash, good choice..
FyreMark

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by FyreMark »

Here it is!
BlueCrush

Re: (FyreMark)

Post by BlueCrush »

Looks great! How do you like the sound?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
FyreMark

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by FyreMark »

So far so good. I'm still playing around with the EQ settings. Definitely better than stock though!
breezd

Post by breezd »

I bought that one with the HD Radio about a month or two ago. Much better than my previous head unit. Love the option to change the colors of the display too... the orange matches the dash color perfectly. Sound is great. Love the HD stations here in Chicago.
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
BlueCrush

Re: (breezd)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by breezd »I bought that one with the HD Radio about a month or two ago. Much better than my previous head unit. Love the option to change the colors of the display too... the orange matches the dash color perfectly. Sound is great. Love the HD stations here in Chicago. You got the same one as me then. It's awesome!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
keithvibe

Re:

Post by keithvibe »

only problem with the JVC units and the USB port is: when you have a say 4gb thumb drive filled with music. (i have one that has 22full albums on it) You can not fast forward thew albums, only songs, they are not in any kind of order other than what you put on the thumb drive first. Once you unplug it and say remove the face plate for security. Once you re-plug in the USB thumb drive it starts all over from the beginning again. So if you were 10albums in.... sorry it starts at the beginning again or you can sit there and FF threw 10albums to get where you left off... which is a PITA!
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

I've got a JVC in my car and have in all the previous ones, guess I'm partial to them. I've had the USB unit and didn't care for it. I also have had the adapter for the ipod and don't at all care for the interface and controls. I've opted since then to wire in the ipod through a wired fm modulator hookup using the antenna wire. The broadcast modulators are garbage and work poorly, all brands, in my neighborhood. The wired modulator works great and all the controls on the ipod still control the ipod. No one has yet made ipod quality controls on the unit's head. If apple made a radio, I'd put it in.Best part of an aftermarket radio in the Vibe is the nice extra pocket below it. Fits my Motorola Cell phone and right next to it my wife's iPhone, just like it was designed for them. The iPod is in the center console under the cover out of sight.Enjoy your radio!Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)